Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Whenever anyone has the high ground, it's over.
    No, Obi-wan is the only master of high ground. Anyone that claims to have the high ground is just a pretender and a false high ground prophet

Darth Maul thought he had the high ground, boy was he wrong.
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    Darth Maul thought he had the high ground, boy was he wrong.
    I never implied the one who has the high ground wins. I just said it's over. In that specific case, it was over for Darth Maul.

"It's over Maul! I ha... You have the high ground!"

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Bane as a character is canon, you can say his stories as too until a movie or show overwrites it. Same goes for Plagueis.
    Bane's story was overwritten in the clone wars cartoon from what I read. Like he still came up with the rule of two but other details are different.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    That sounds more like bad writing than badassery. How can anyone with no knowledge of the force be so powerful?
    The Force is stronger in some individual and it can flow more easily and naturally........short answer: the force.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jk5834 View Post
    Yes, she said she believed the Jedi were a myth, likely because she simply didn't remember she had received training...perhaps because of a Jedi mind trick when being left on Jakku? I suppose it remains to be seen. Regardless, she appears to be quite powerful.
    This is what I think too. But lets not forget she KNOW about what jedi can do but before being told it was real she was thinking these were only legend. After being told the truth she just experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Bane's story was overwritten in the clone wars cartoon from what I read. Like he still came up with the rule of two but other details are different.
    And then the rule of two was thrown out as well. Clone Wars was a giant clusterfuck of retcons. But yay it's canon and none of the actually thought out works are.

Yoda would pretty much win, fought both Tyranus and Palpatine and survived and what is he like half meter tall and 900 + years old and after the body dies he lives on within the force.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    And then the rule of two was thrown out as well. Clone Wars was a giant clusterfuck of retcons. But yay it's canon and none of the actually thought out works are.
    It wasn't thrown out of canon, it was just that Darth Tenebrous concluded that eventually it would become a rule of one because a sith would become so powerful he wouldn't need apprentices. Darth Sidious was that sith. He had acolytes and he told some they were his apprentice but that was just so they would do his bidding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    When was the Rule of Two thrown out. Sidious always kept 1 apprentice. He employed a bunch of Force sensitives but they were put in their place when they thought they were Sith. You could argue that Sidious practices the Rule of One but he never violated the rule of there being more than 2 Sith at any given time. The only confusing part is that no one has ever shown what an apprentice had access to compared to a non-Sith during Sidious's reign. Other than that there was only 2 Sith at any given time. Sidious and Maul. Then Sidious and Dooku. Then Sidious and Vader. Ventress wasn't a Sith, Maul lost his Sith status after he was presumed dead. In SW:Rebels, the Inquistors are not Sith. If its just too confusing then think of it this way, the Nightsisters were dark side users and at times worked with Sidious but completly separated from the Sith. It's the blind and naive philosophy of the Jedi that there could only be Jedi or Sith.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2015-12-28 at 07:20 AM.

When was the Rule of Two thrown out. Sidious always kept 1 apprentice. He employed a bunch of Force sensitives but they were put in their place when they thought they were Sith. You could argue that Sidious practices the Rule of One but he never violated the rule of there being more than 2 Sith at any given time.
    Actually Plagueis, Sidious and Maul all existed as sith lords at the same time.

I think it is difficult to have just one list because people rationalize too much to judge them all fairly. You need to have two separate lists: one list for who was the actual strongest at their best and one for who had the most potential overall. This is important because people like the emperor knew so much and were taught in ways unavailable to some of the others like Luke that it is unfair to say that the emperor was stronger.

With that in mind my lists are as follows:

WHO HAD THE MOST POTENTIAL AT ANY GIVEN POINT (based on what we know from the movies so far):

1) Vader -- He had prophecies about him and had crazy space-bullshit-lorian counts. He was clearly strong but emotional issues, upbringing, and lack of training held him back.

2) Rey -- From what is shown in the movies, if she really does just manifest abilities from basically nothing, then she is crazy powerful. However I feel that even then she isn't as strong as Vader (no prophecies about her and she isn't known to be that powerful) and if anything it mostly seems that her strength came from tapping into the force through emotions which does not necessarily mean she is stronger but has a special ability to tap into the force in dire circumstances

3) Luke -- Similar to the above he got limited training. Most of his strength comes from training himself. He received some guidance but other than brief encounters with obi and Yoda he actually learned how to be a jedi by meditating and receiving instruction from the force itself (unlike rey who just tapped into it for a surge of power, luke sort of communed with it to learn its ways and how to use it directy.

4) Palps -- He had some of the greatest knowledge of the force. He had the greatest abiity of those we've seen to use the force to cloud minds and manipulate destiny.

5) Yoda -- Likely the most knowledgeable in the force that we have seen. He probably doesn't have the best natural ability or connection to the force but has strived so long to study and harness it that he has become as powerful or more powerful than the others.

-----------------------

WHO WAS THE ACTUAL STRONGEST AT ANY GIVEN POINT:

1) Yoda -- It should come without question that Yoda must have been at a point when he was both knowledgeable in the force and young enough to wield it effectively to the point where he was stronger than the others.

2) Palpatine -- Similar situation to Yoda. The fact is that no one could really challenge them thanks to their vast knowledge in the force Even though they were likely not as powerful in terms of potential, the others just didn't have the same access to information to learn from that made the emperor and yoda so strong despite their likely lacking potential (compared to the skywalker line).

3) Vader -- He was just about ready to overtake Palpatine near the end of the movies. He was at his strongest yet he was still afraid of palpatine to the point where he was plotting to get help from Luke to destroy him and take his place.

4) Luke -- After he finally spent time training in earnest he was strong enough to beat an emotionally vulnerable Vader. Despite this Vader was still stronger overall when he lost to luke (and mostly lost because he didn't want to kill his own son).

5) Rey -- She could beat on an injured emo kid with a lightsaber who barely managed to beat a non-force sensitive who lost to a stormtrooper in melee combat. While this was a surprising burst of power it was nowhere on the level of the other 4 on this list.
    Last edited by dippinsawse; 2015-12-28 at 07:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Actually Plagueis, Sidious and Maul all existed as sith lords at the same time.
    Is the Plagueis novel still canon? If so then I think that would absolutely kill any theories that Snoke = Plagueis.

Quote Originally Posted by Jehct View Post
    Oops forgot Darth Maul - since he took out a Jedi master
    So did a bunch of clones and they aren't force sensitive at all.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Is the Plagueis novel still canon? If so then I think that would absolutely kill any theories that Snoke = Plagueis.
    The novel isn't canon according to wookieepedia, http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Plagueis

All three were sith lords at the same time but Sidious did kill his master to preserve the rule of two.

Well in the non-canon stuff every apprentice took on an apprentice of their own when they thought they were ready to kill their master to keep the ball rolling. Ever since it started with Darth Zanna when she was ready to fight Bane.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Quote Originally Posted by dbaum23 View Post
    My list: By potential and movies

Potential:
    1. Anakin Skywalker
    2. Skywalker family (Luke, Leia, grandkids)
    3. Yoda/Palpatine

Actual
    1. Darth Sidious (Would've killed Luke if Vader had not interfered)
    2. Yoda (He's way past his prime in the movies, yet still kicked butt)
    3. Mace Windu ( I believe Sidious allowed him to get the upper hand to turn Anakin, but still very powerful)
    But then Luke could have done the same and choose not to fight Sidious knowing that seeing he´s child in mortal danger would be the only thing able to redeem Vader.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Almost as laughable as Boba Fett is Snoke theory.

Rey is 1 because she fluked it against an emo kid having a tanty.
    ^ Lol'd, but it's true, she won with a guy who didn't even finish his training.

The most powerful force users are:
    1. Anankin Skywalker.
    2. Darth Sidious.
    3. Luke Skywalker ROTJ.
    4. Yoda.
    5. Obi-wan Kenobi.
    6. Mace Windu.

Not sure about 1 and 2 place, we're talking about potential or serious power?
    Rey is not even close to Qui-Gon Jin or Darth Maul.

In the Lords of the Sith novel(which is part of the NEW CANON) Darth Vader was reflecting V-Wings shots with his lighstaber and killed about ~100 Lyleks if no more(also their queen). Rey would just die immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    But then Luke could have done the same and choose not to fight Sidious knowing that seeing he´s child in mortal danger would be the only thing able to redeem Vader.
    Uhm... No. Luke was dying there, without Vader help he would die.
    In the ROTS you see that Sidious is playing "helpless" just when Anakin comes, then he screams "UNLIMITED POWER!!" and one-shots Mace Windu AFTER Anakin decides to go to the Dark Side.

Novel is no longer canon, but the story about him is, he was mentioned in ROTS, maybe details from the Plagueis is not canon, but that he was master of Sidious and was able to create/manipulate life with midichlorians is true.
    There is also a theory where people think that he "faked" his death.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2015-12-28 at 10:06 AM.