10+ Year Old Account

Question WW Monk tips/hints and stats prio for Random BGs?

Most Monk guides/threads is made for PVE or Rated Arena. But what about casual Random BGs? I guess Monk stats/talents/glyphs for Random bgs might be different from Arena ones

I want to ask about tips/hints for playin WW monk in random bgs, and also about stats prio. (This is not fix my monk thread, im looking not only about stats prio but for tactics/strategy gameplay on WW monk in Random Bgs)

I see top 3x3 rated monks have stats like (probably for Walking Dead setup)

Multistrike 14.41%
    Crit 23.82%
    Haste 82.31%
    Mastery 40.16%
    Versatility 9.80%

I have 6 710pvp items including 2h 710pvp staff (since im not played rated bgs on monk only Ashran for box with 710 items)

and my stats is like (i havent used vers enchants on rings/neck yet only mstrike+10% speed on cloak) i heard that Armory stats is bugged and if some one have 80% haste its actually 65% less or something

Multistrike 32.38%
    Crit 28.01%
    Haste 70.36%
    Mastery 43.68%
    Versatility 3.25%

Talking about non-scaled stats from Armory i understand they are different when u enter bg and have u gear scaled to 730-740

(i dont have much experience with WW Monk , played only 100 random bgs on him mostly as MW)

Do i need change enchants/blue gear for different stats? farming honor is not problem for me, in Random bgs im using this Glyphs: Freedom Roll, Paralasys , Fists of Fury dunno if i should change them.

As for talents using Tiger Lust and Chi Explosion

Also what about "storm earth and fire" ability in random bgs? Most guides that i seen about this ability was PVE ones.
    Last edited by Luckx; 2015-12-24 at 10:24 AM.

Hey,

hard to settle on precise stats from armory. The haste discrepancy you are talking about is due to the fact that the armory counts way of the monk for 2-handers as haste in there (I think), but that's nothing to worry about.

Due to the chaotic nature of pvp encounters, depending a lot on uptime on target, burst versus sustained damage, defensive bonus of our mastery (4set) and versatility, it is hard to get precise "stats weight".
    Pve statsweights from precise types of fights are guidelines to how things work in pve, however due to crit/multistrike losing half their value in pvp, of the way mastery+4set+ChiExplosion makes it not so bad of a stat, of high downtime, it is pretty innaccurate.

So basically gear wise:
    You'll want a 2-Handed staff, preferably with the highest attack speed (the 2.0 speed staff)
    You'll want to go for haste/versatility in priority, then equally disregard multistrike/mastery/crit (multistrike might be a bit favored above crit for instance, but due to the way you have few options for your items in pvp anyways, its not a big concern.

Usually people go for 4-set, using the versatility chest as off-tier item (I think.)
    Depending on wether you're playing with a healer in 2's or duoing dps's, of wether you wanna play all out aggressive in 3's, you'll go for either versatility or haste enchants. In random bg's where you prolly can't trust your healers all that much, i'd say versatility rules.
    On weapon you'll prolly want warson enchant.

For talents, go for chi torpedo. Glyph for touch of karma, freedom roll and then your choice amongst Paralysis, Fists of Fury, touch of death or basically anything you fancy.
    Value your chi torpedo stacks. Reaching someone by wasting them is useless. You'll need them both for damage, kiting, keeping up with your target...

Transcendance really shines in the chaos of random bg's. Refresh it, know where it is, drop it in houses where you can, drop it on top of bridges and get ready to use it if you get explosive shotted into the neither (yeah, saved me a zillion times on that one, I'll admit).
    Be wary of your torpedo+flying serpent kick cooldown, since those can be enough toget you out of very sticky situations. Random BG's are a mess, monks are kings at being sortof in the melee, getting some people focusing them, karma on a lonely healer, burst him down and then transcendance out in the blink of an eye. Sounds tricky? Really isn't that much.

Forget about Storm, Earth, Fire. You're no affliction warlock, if you were going to push for overall damage you wouldn't be playing random bg's. You're just going to break some CC's and fail at killing anyone while your clones sit in a mass entaglement or something.

Depending on your race, you can get the high versatility trinket with on use break out of CC or the on use versatility increase most likely, paired with the agility proc on top of flat versatility. Getting 20%ish versatility means a lot in terms of survivability, paired with smart use of fort brew, 4set, self heals and karma, you can stay up for a while.

Also, why are you looking at so much optimisation about random bg's? You'll have a tough time carrying those as WW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks alot! Those hints will be useful not only for me but also for other monks who doing Random BGs and other kinds PVP.

I have read this post multiple times days ago, but didnt answered anything simply because had nothing to say expect saying Thanks.

From this hints i started doing less mistakes like i havent paid attention that monk pvp set bonus gives dmg reduction from mastery stacks as WW.

Also tryed doing Random BGs as BrewMaster it looked intresting in BGs like Arathi,Silvershard Mines and Gilneas where defing carts/flags is not so important like doing highter dmg. (Still find WW more fun then BM)

I see alot good geared ppl in random bgs (who have 740pvp conq weapons and pieces of gear - but most WW Monks that i see in radom bgs is green/pve geared dunno why.

Best Regards
    Last edited by Luckx; 2015-12-29 at 10:23 AM.

I run Glyph of Flying Fists, reason because I can stun bigger group so the other teammate can do their stuff better

Chi Burst > Jump Torpedo > FoF > Jump Torpedo, skill order depends on situation

Storm, Earth, Fire is really go in eating hunter's trap if you time it right. SEF is also a great burst ability, I cant post link here, you may search "6.2 Windwalker Monk New Hurricane Strike Burst Guide" in youtube.

venruki from method recently posted a really nice guide to WW monk. i watched full video (which is almost 1 hour) and highly recommend to google it.

here's a link to the guide mentioned by Useful, which I also enjoyed to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii3ozHsbDiM

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the links, as for Storm, Earth, Fire it was bugged and didnt worked properly when i posted this thread it was hotfixed about 2 months later or something. But anyway i believe what Pandanaconda said about it.