Poll: Would you rather have been born as a member of the opposite sex?

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I told my 3 year old niece, "you're a girl". She said, "no I'm not!"

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather be female

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think gender matters that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Pretty happy to be a guy, although i've always wondered how women experience sex/orgasm

There are days where I wouldn't necessarily mind (so I voted yes on the poll) but then my wife's period comes and I am eternally grateful I was born a man.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

i'm happy being a male...sometimes i wonder what it'd be like and if i'd be hot and get all the boys but ultimately fuck no...they bleed once a month, get cramps, press out a watermelon when a guy decides to stick his dick inside without a condom...i'm fine living my life relatively pain free

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    And for the record, it took exactly 8 posts for a feminist talking point to find its way into this thread.
    It's called a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I don't think gender matters that much.
    This. I don't think I would have cared if I was a born a female or male. I was born male, so thats what I am. I'm not going to complain.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Happy pissing standing up.
    This post won the thread...
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

I think it's difficult to be a man in some regards but they seem to me to be rather powerful. Think it would be cool to 'experience' the feeling of male power from a first person perspective as it would be totally alien to me as a woman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually I'd rather be female with both genitalia

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhine101 View Post
    I'm Good being a guy.

However, being born a lady would make my life a lot easier. I wouldn't complain. I'd gain a lot. I wager I'd be more upset to go from girl to guy as the opposite.

- - - Updated - - -

I know right?
    Girl here and no, no it absolutely wouldn't! Grass is always greener on the other side.

Girls have a lot more expectations than guys! You can get away with not working out much, not caring about your appearance that much. In high school I literally had to get up at 6 am every school day and spend an hour in front of the mirror before going out so I wouldnt be the "Meg". For guys is just slap something on that doesnt smell too bad, wash your face, teeth and youre good to go?

Oh and I was always expected to be the responsible one compared to my brothers and a social, outgoing person(Im actually not a people person at all).

Or you know, you can do all that as a guy too. I bet your life would be amazing and youll stay on top much longer too cause a guy in 50s can still be a sexy beast while a woman in her 50s has either had excessive cosmetic surgeries or well... yea.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I think it's difficult to be a man in some regards but they seem to me to be rather powerful. Think it would be cool to 'experience' the feeling of male power from a first person perspective as it would be totally alien to me as a woman.
    Powerful? in what regards? Being a man is hard, you need initiative you have to hit on women, you have to support your family you have to be strong, it's a lot of pressure.

Deleted
    Well, honestly, I don't know. I would like to experience how it's like so I voted yes. That said, I'd probably be a lesbian if I was a woman lol.

But overall, I've noticed that my way of thinking is closer to that of women in many cases, which always made me feel like an outsider. I don't have many male friends because I don't like sports, beer and that shit yet women don't trust me as much because I'm the opposite sex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only reason to be a woman was to have sex all the time or have more fun masturbating

Why would I wish for that? Many of the posters here on MMO-C have certainly taught me that having a dick between your legs doesn't automatically make you socially competent, confident, intellectual or a good gamer.

The problems I have with myself stem mostly from my diagnosis, and I'd most likely have it regardless of being male or female. But then I'm fortunate enough to be living in a country where you'd have to be rather unlucky to be the subject of sexism I believe...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2015-12-24 at 11:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Girl here and no, no it absolutely wouldn't! Grass is always greener on the other side.

Girls have a lot more expectations than guys! You can get away with not working out much, not caring about your appearance that much. In high school I literally had to get up at 6 am every school day and spend an hour in front of the mirror before going out so I wouldnt be the "Meg". For guys is just slap something on that doesnt smell too bad, wash your face, teeth and youre good to go?

Oh and I was always expected to be the responsible one compared to my brothers and a social, outgoing person(Im actually not a people person at all).

Or you know, you can do all that as a guy too. I bet your life would be amazing and youll stay on top much longer too cause a guy in 50s can still be a sexy beast while a woman in her 50s has either had excessive cosmetic surgeries or well... yea.
    Well, in case you don't realize, other peoples' opinions don't matter. It's your body and if you don't mind being "Meg"why would you do all that?
    I had a few "Meg"s in my highschool, and they were the coolest ones. Plus, in reality a supportive family won't treat you like Meg was treated, while an unsupportive family will give you shit no matter if you're Meg or the super cheerleader that gets As at everything.

Overall, I feel like the regular standard for a woman should be similar to that for a man: don't be too fat, don't be too skinny, be relatively clean, comb your hair, shave or trim your armpits... ok, women would also need to shave their legs if going out with a skirt, I'll give you that. That's it. If men go out they might use cologne, while women would eyeline their eyes and use lipstick. You don't need to spend an hour in front of the mirror and if someone things you do, ignore them, they're idiots and life is not a popularity contest.

Where's the "I would rather be able to shape shift" option?

15+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I'd make a horrible lesbian.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Overall, I feel like the regular standard for a woman should be similar to that for a man: don't be too fat, don't be too skinny, be relatively clean, comb your hair, shave or trim your armpits... ok, women would also need to shave their legs if going out with a skirt, I'll give you that. That's it. If men go out they might use cologne, while women would eyeline their eyes and use lipstick. You don't need to spend an hour in front of the mirror and if someone things you do, ignore them, they're idiots and life is not a popularity contest.
    But you're forgetting basic biology. Men just have naturally more muscle and less fat in their bodies and the burn more energy (thus dont have to watch what they eat that much). AND womens clothes are more revealing and more body fitting. Cellulite on your butt and a belly hanging over your pants is much harder to hide, not to mention other girls are way more critical. At least I constantly notice that about other women and while I dont usually say anything, I do criticize such things and I wouldnt knowing that other women might have such thoughts about me does bother me a lot. But then again maybe its because Im a perfectionist.

Bottom line, I always thought my brothers have such easy lives. They're ready in 5 minutes, dont really work out, at least dont go to a gym, dont really watch what they eat that much and they look 7/10 even on a bad day.