Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

Were you an over-achiever in High School?

Those people were pretty annoying but probably somewhat successful now. How did your over achieveness work out for you if were?

Deleted
    First year, yeah, then stuff happened and my grades dropped.

Deleted
    I was in the very first year, then I got lazy and barely attented.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Lazy all 4 years. Almost never studied for any test.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    As much as an untreated kid with ADD can be (because in the bible-Boot psychology was a taboo in the 90s)

10+ Year Old Account
    I got straight A's in High School... but I put in effectively 0 effort. I just have a very good memory so I was really good at exams. I've not done nearly so well since leaving education and having to actually put in some effort

No, I was the attend school 2-3 times a week especially my senior year and still graduate with decent grades guy.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

No I did well without studying or trying. Having stuff thrown at you, getting hit, and having your papers copied off of didn't help motivate me.
    Was discouraged from further education anyway.

Nope.

I rarely studied as I was so lazy back then but you could say my grades were above average, since they were mainly B's with a few very occasional A's. I never got into any reputable or amazing college either but there was one industry "advantage" that I can see which has had a great positive impact so far - work experience. As I had several jobs there and there back when I was teen, I feel it's definitely helped my resume and in turn landed me a role at a fortune 50 company.

So did my grades really help in the slightest? They were far from amazing in my opinion so I'm still going to say no...

a resounding no from mmo-c users?

oh the implications

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I strongly disliked high school because it was extremely boring, and I didn't learn ANYTHING. I literally could of just started working after graduating in 8th grade.

I work hard today, I don't know how successful I am vs. high end people back in high school but, I think I'm doing average?? (not poor, not donald trump??)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    a resounding no from mmo-c users?

oh the implications
    Yeah we're all gamers playing in dungeons across the world and shit - I guess we all just didn't give a SH!T about HS lmfaooo

10+ Year Old Account
    Lolno .

Slacked off in high school; nearly failed physics. But I was very close to a perfect 4.0 double STEM major in university, got a department award (with money) out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I underachieved hard, then got pregnant and dropped out. Overachieved in college though, got near perfect scores in most classes.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

Interesting that a bunch of people in this thread said they started off doing well in high school and then got 'lazy'. I wonder if that's when they started playing WoW?

I know WoW certainly distracted me from my studies.

Yes. AP calculus freshman year, all honors/AP courses, track + cross country, worked 20 hours a week, Anchorage Youth Court. And I left home at 16.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    Interesting that a bunch of people in this thread said they started off doing well in high school and then got 'lazy'. I wonder if that's when they started playing WoW?

I know WoW certainly distracted me from my studies.
    what do you call being distracted for a decade?

Straight B's

Had lots of friends and a long term gf.....could have done better if I tried.

Started taking EE classes during my junior and senior year at my local community college to satisfy math and science credits while doing stuff I actally enjoyed.

Just finished my degree with a 3.7 GPA while getting my P&C insurance license, which is fucking rough doing both things at once, I don't recommend it (doing full load of college and P&C at the same time).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Straight B's

Had lots of friends and a long term gf.....could have done better if I tried.

Started taking EE classes during my junior and senior year at my local community college to satisfy math and science credits while doing stuff I actally enjoyed.

Just finished my degree with a 3.7 GPA while getting my P&C insurance license, which is fucking rough doing both things at once, I don't recommend it (doing full load of college and P&C at the same time).
    do me a favour please. Change you icon back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Scholastically no I haven't cared about grades since 3rd or 4th grade. I am interested in things I am interested in and that is all I work at. Perhaps if I had better teachers growing up I might have more respect for subjects I don't care for. College was brutal due to having to take electives in non related fields that I didn't care about one way or another. Somehow I always pick the course taught by the second year grad students who think their class is the most important class we will ever take.