Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Glad you mentioned this. I went to check mine and the wallet was the same. Go to account info and get someone else's account with steam client >>

yeah also getting everyones account info mation that i shouldnt be getting when i go to my account stuff
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Steam drinking game. On your browser every time the homepage changes languages DRINK! . Poor taste I know.

From steam twitter: By the way, this is not a security breach. This is page caching gone rogue. Most likely not respecting Cache-Control headers.

I'm lucky i don't save my card details... I've just tried to log in and got 3 different accounts when i selected "My Account", i've done the decent thing and clicked "Delete Card payment" they have stored incase someone decides to try and buy something with it!

And yet it seems VALVe is off on holidays right now or something...
    Why the hell haven't they taken Steam offline right now? Wtf

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    From steam twitter: By the way, this is not a security breach. This is page caching gone rogue. Most likely not respecting Cache-Control headers.
    Can you explain in moron language to us what that means? Does it just look scary but isn't dangerous?

Not a "security breach"(as in a specific hacker or hacker group is not infiltrating the network and getting information) but a major fucking security flaw when random joe can see your personal information or possibly make purchases on your account.

gonna unsave my payment stuff, but other than that worst case scenario I will just refund everything that is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Not a "security breach" but a major fucking security flaw when random joe can see your personal information or possibly make purchases on your account.
    They were i got someones purchase history and it showed that someone cleared out the guys SW an sent everything to his account
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomzter View Post
    Can you explain in moron language to us what that means? Does it just look scary but isn't dangerous?
    It means Steam needs to hire new security engineers.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    i am logged to someones account, well didnt do anything nor i would do, but i bet someone is logged to my account, well anyway thank god that my visa is pre-paid, he cannot pay shit until i put my money into my visa, long live prepaid visas

Steam guard seems to function?

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    So the NSA are hiring people who DDOS?
    Effective DDOSing can damage the economy of developed countries and undermine legitimacy in weak states.
    The NSA and FBI regularly recruit the more skilled hackers/hacktivists (with the threat of jail, if they don't join)
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Nomzter View Post
    From someone else on twitter: h4x to english translate: No one is attacking, just a bug where steam thinks you are someone else when logged in.

https://twitter.com/SteamDB

Steam Database ‏@SteamDB

.@ZylusDota The best way to protect yourself is to completely avoid Steam websites for now.

Valve is having caching issues allowing users to view things such as account information of other users. Don't use Store for now.
    From someone else on twitter: h4x to english translate: No one is attacking, just a bug where steam thinks you are someone else when logged in.
    True, but that's still real information you're getting to see. A lot of private info will get exposed today.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    For everyone saying to remove your CC or other personal details, good luck actually making any requests while the servers are in this state. At most all you can do right now is log off steam completely, wait for them to fix this, change all your details once this issue has been fixed, and watch your CC billing info and steam account history like a hawk for the next little while.

Quote Originally Posted by Advo View Post
    For everyone saying to remove your CC or other personal details, good luck actually making any requests while the servers are in this state. At most all you can do right now is log off steam completely, wait for them to fix this, change all your details once this issue has been fixed, and watch your CC billing info and steam account history like a hawk for the next little while.
    Logging off steam is possibly the worst thing you could do(assuming you're actually logged into your own account already).

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Well wouldn't you want those kinds of skills in a cyber war? I'm pretty sure these people aren't stupid enough to do it again after being hired by them.
    If they're patently retarded, then yes the NSA would want people whose only applicable skills are related to DDOSing.
    It's not a difficult thing to do, and the software is not particularly hard to create either. Hell, if you really wanted to you could just buy clients that allow you access to the vendor's zombies, so you can DDOS without needing to do any work. $10 and you too can DDOS anyone you wish.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

This is really not acceptable from them, trying to access my account and all I get is other peoples accounts, where by I can see all of their information, as if it's on shuffle and the account changes constantly.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4