Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

So, how many gift cards...

... did you get for the holiday? I got a total of nine. And one single actual gift that someone put thought into. I know why this happened. It was because I requested to everyone that I absolutely did not want gift cards for the holiday. I told them that I wanted them all to put thought into their gifts. But these people, my family, they are spiteful. What they didn't know is that I has scissors on me just in case. As I opened each gift and a card came out, I promptly cut them into multiple pieces in front of them so they would know that they wasted their money.

Gift cards are not holiday presents. They tell me that you think nothing of me and that you have no imagination.

Deleted
    Why are you so sour?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IntellectuallyChallenged View Post
    As I opened each gift and a card came out, I promptly cut them into multiple pieces in front of them so they would know that they wasted their money.
    You should have eaten them instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    ... did you get for the holiday?
    I got absolutely nothing from anyone other than myself thanks for asking.

- - - Updated - - -

As I opened each gift and a card came out, I promptly cut them into multiple pieces in front of them so they would know that they wasted their money.
    That just tells us all what a spoiled twat you really are. You are ungrateful and deserve nothing in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I got absolutely nothing from anyone other than myself thanks for asking.
    I hope you got yourself something nice and that it was something you were excited to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Why are you so sour?
    It's not that I'm sour. It's just that I care about my people and I put thought into my gifting. I would hope they would do the same for me. Obviously that is not the case.

That just tells us all what a spoiled twat you really are. You are ungrateful and deserve nothing in the future.
    Not spoiled or ungrateful. Just principled.
    Last edited by IntellectuallyChallenged; 2015-12-26 at 01:02 PM.

Or that

1) it is what he wants to do, but don't have the guts to actually do it
    2) it involves friends/family/whatever who don't actually exist

Both of which are infinitely more likely than whatever salty story he's telling.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Or that

1) it is what he wants to do, but don't have the guts to actually do it
    2) it involves friends/family/whatever who don't actually exist

Both of which are infinitely more likely than whatever salty story he's telling.
    You've got it all figured out, don't you? It's like you were actually there.

/s

Deleted
    Wow, I can see why people don't care much for you.

Well aren't you just a bundle of sunshine. At least you got something, unlike many others. Yes, gift cards are often looked at as lazy but it also gives you the option to buy what you want. A bit of appreciation won't kill you.
    "There is no honor in mediocrity."

Deleted
    I didn't get anything other than a tablet I bought myself that should arrive next week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    Please don't tell you bought the OP...it's the T word at it's finest.

... did you get for the holiday? I got a total of nine. And one single actual gift that someone put thought into. I know why this happened. It was because I requested to everyone that I absolutely did not want gift cards for the holiday. I told them that I wanted them all to put thought into their gifts. But these people, my family, they are spiteful. What they didn't know is that I has scissors on me just in case. As I opened each gift and a card came out, I promptly cut them into multiple pieces in front of them so they would know that they wasted their money.

Gift cards are not holiday presents. They tell me that you think nothing of me and that you have no imagination.
    haha, what a fucking joke you are. Such dicknesss. Why the fuck should they even put thought into gifts for you, when you are such a cunt?

Infracted for flaming
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2015-12-27 at 03:50 AM.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

How to never get a present ever again: read OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP should have received Grumpy Cat as a present.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    I can't believe how many people are buying the OP...no wonder Adam, MallSecurity and other trollers are so famous for their threads. :P

Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    I'm not sure where you got this from. I'm sure there are plenty of people that don't care for me, but I haven't really seen anyone express that to me. Maybe you know something that I don't?

Deleted
    Do people actually give gift cards after childhood?

I don't think I've received one for ages.

15+ Year Old Account
    None! Hate gift cards. If you're not going to put any thought into a gift, just give money that you can spend wherever you like instead of money that's only good one place with a time limit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    Please don't tell you bought the OP...it's the T word at it's finest.
    Not really, but it takes a certain degree of assholeism to even invent such a situation.

Amazon gift cards are awesome if you give them to someone who buys alot of stuff there anyway.

Two, both for Amazon.

I'm fine with gift cards since absolutely no one around me understands me enough to get me anything else I actually like, want, or need; I often feel like they're projecting their own wants/needs onto me when they're doing their shopping. A gift card at least lets me get something I really do want.