Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    That was a cool story (please note the sarcasm).

P.S. Excluding genetic and physical similarities, we've never confirmed a link to the great apes (Not that it matters). Also, did you want to discuss racial differences amongst the various human populations, or is that too PC?
    Umm, what kind of argument are you trying to make here?

Quote Originally Posted by Foo Foo Cuddlypoops View Post
    A game theory.
    Thanks for watching

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    The atheist agenda? That's a funny way of saying blasphemy...
    Fixed that for you
    lel

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Fixed that for you
    lel
    Where the hell do you live? New Amsterdam. Blasphemy, really, really?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanso View Post
    I think evolution is a mechanism and overall a phenomenom ... yeah i somehow like this word
    because we could call anything that exists a phenomenom ;-)

Spocks "fascinating" fits best at this point.

Somehow it seems one cannot be angry of this mechanism and emotions like revenge or punishment
    may be wayne when there is no one behind this (like a god).
    Evolution is not a mechanism, it's a result.

Different events, e.g mutation, natural selection, adaptation etc can result in evolution overtime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Where the hell do you live? New Amsterdam. Blasphemy, really, really?
    One day you will accept the truth. Ramen.

10+ Year Old Account
    We already had a thread about evolution not too long ago that lasted over 100 pages with people willingly ignoring evidence and spouting ridiculousness. I don't see this going any better.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Evolution and natural selection aren't just everywhere you look in the world, they happen (relatively) incredibly fast.

Humans are what, 6 inches taller on average than humans 1-2k years ago? Lifespans are more than double. That's huge evolution in a tiny blink of time for a species.

I still firmly believe in a higher power, at some point the space you're sitting in was created. Even, the clump of mass and void of space that made the Big Bang came from somewhere. So no matter what belief you have in what the starting point was or how we got to where we are today, someone made the starting point. But you have to close your eyes pretty hard to not agree that evolution is everywhere in the world in plants and animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    Evolution and natural selection aren't just everywhere you look in the world, they happen (relatively) incredibly fast.

Humans are what, 6 inches taller on average than humans 1-2k years ago? Lifespans are more than double. That's huge evolution in a tiny blink of time for a species.

I still firmly believe in a higher power, at some point the space you're sitting in was created. Even, the clump of mass and void of space that made the Big Bang came from somewhere. So no matter what belief you have in what the starting point was or how we got to where we are today, someone made the starting point. But you have to close your eyes pretty hard to not agree that evolution is everywhere in the world in plants and animals.
    Humanity in modern time is very relatable to evolution imho. Everything from growing beards to interracial relationships I try to relate to natural selection.

All guesswork and falsified evidence to push the atheist agenda.
    lel
    *smacks you* Sorry about this folks, Seiko is just being silly. *drags Seiko back to the date thread*

You'd be surprised how many people don't understand scientific concepts of all kinds. Because in many parts of the world kids are only taught rote facts in science, not how to think critically or how to question their existing beliefs. Too many people say "I don't need that once I leave school" and abandon reason and evidence based understanding.

Basically because social institutional ideas are so beat into our heads, that it's hard to see very obvious things right under our nose, and also things that we've experienced on a day to day basis are basically ignored in the same way. There's also personal beliefs that screw with very obvious truths. So yea, many reasons. This seems to be what nature is doing anyway. Humans kind of believing they're something else than what they are.

If we evolved from apes why are there still apes?

This is a misgnomer. We're all still Apes. We're also monkeys. We're also Mammals. We're also Animals and every one of our cells are Eukaryota cells. When we're being formed, we form our blastopore first which becomes our anus. We're formed inside of an egg, which is not laid. We all have spinal chords, we all have warm blood which is red. We all have 4 limbs, 2 lungs, 2 kidneys, a specific number of holes in our heads, 2 weak points in our skulls. These are what define us. Even if you lose a limb(like a tail, for example) you're still considered part of the same species. We all have hair all over our bodies.

Humans *are* part of the Great Ape Family, as well as apes, as well as old world monkies, as well as animalia, chordata, mammalia, primate, haplorhini, chordatas, cephalochordatas, eukaryotas, etc.(not in any specific order) The list goes on.

And, like every other piece of Science, it's very ill understood by a majority of the people. It's ironic that people cling to gravity while admonishing evolution, when Gravity is one of the LEAST understood theories in science with various rules depending upon the scenario, which don't even work IN THEIR OWN SCENARIOS, while Evolution is the foundation of multiple branches of science, namely Biology and Medicine. Hell, quantum physics doesn't even consider gravity to be a force, meanwhile we're creating Dark Energy and Dark Matter just to make sense of the gravity of the cosmos.

Well, it's really common among religious people who tries to denounce it. They never had the intention to understand it, only to bash and destroy it, so all their arguements fall incredibly flat, since it's painstakingly clear they've no clue as to what they're talking about. Watching clips of Richard Dawkins or Atheist Experience or similar things makes you want to facedesk so hard your face ends up in China.

- - - Updated - - -

Evolution is just a theory.
    So is Gravity

Of course I understand. We all came from retarded fish frogs that were having butt sex together.

Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    Of course I understand. We all came from retarded fish frogs that were having butt sex together.
    South Park reference detected

I love that people are taking Seiko seriously and missing the lols they hid in their posts. More entertaining to read than the stuff the creationists tried to write in the other thread...
    Last edited by Calfredd; 2015-12-27 at 10:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well most people aren't evolutionary biologists, they believe what they're taught by the sources they trust.