Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ridiculous BMAH retards like you two.

Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    yeah but who quotes the comment of a guy who comments in the post about a guy who bids on a meta achievement mount that can be done in 30 mins ?
    I hope you know I read this in the "movie trailer announcer guy" voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Stop with that chance/probability shizz. Also, no mount has 0.001% chance to drop. Most World Boss and raid boss mounts have a 1% chance to drop.
    What? Raid drops ok, but world bosses? Rukhmar has a 1 in 800 chance (0,125%), oondasta is the world boss with best drop rate, assuming 1 in 400 (0,25%), galleon sha and nalak are 1 in 2.000 (0,05%), ok, they're not 0,001%, but you're not correct either.

World bosses are far below 1% and that's why I cap them; if they were 1% like you said you can bet I'd have done my usual 500 kills and got them (with 99,5% overall chance), but with 2.000 that's 10.000 kills and it's not worth the time investment.
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2016-06-18 at 10:29 PM.

Toy capped at 960k this week on my server.

Regarding SunLute...I bought that in MoP for 400k...I moved server and someone put it at like 150 or 200k and so I bid 400k rather than going bid by bid...they didn't out bid me. 400k in MoP is sort of like gold cap today :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Which makes your post pointless, then. Making an account just to post that somebody is wrong despite you knowing that "Things are never 'squashed' on the internet". Even more pointless because you pretty much said the exact thing which was said 2 pages ago, but somehow yours is more valid?
    Sometimes people need to hear something from more than one person.

There you have it, someone didn't want to bother farming it!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    Toy capped at 960k this week on my server.

Regarding SunLute...I bought that in MoP for 400k...I moved server and someone put it at like 150 or 200k and so I bid 400k rather than going bid by bid...they didn't out bid me. 400k in MoP is sort of like gold cap today :P
    Seriously if I saw a SunLute, I would just cap it. I would like to have one but I pretty much never check BMAH. So I would take the opportunity ....

well after about a couple months of constantly losing auctions for the grimoire of 4 winds (or whatever the BoA panda flying thing is called) because I can't be on and bidding the last couple hours of the bidding window I said "f--- it" and bid 100k on one just cause I was sick of not getting it and I still didn't win

It amazes me people spend that much gold for a stupid book to fly through an expansion that takes literally 3 hours to do 85-90 on the ground let alone sit around all day having stupid bid wars over it

7+ Year Old Account
    haha what a dumbass

Yes, I'd say grimoire is only worth it if you log when short, do 1 bid, there's no one, you win, and price is under 2k, flying costs 2,5k before discounts at 90, and you can do it just fine without flying 85-90.

Treasures of pandaria allow you to recover 2k which would be almost impossible on ground, while easy flying, but even then... for the time it takes you're probably better off doing 25 hcs gold wise, so let's just say you can leave treasures there, gold wise, while they're nice experience wise.
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2016-06-28 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Edited on ground with flying, mistook.

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Yes, I'd say grimoire is only worth it if you log when short, do 1 bid, there's no one, you win, and price is under 2k, flying costs 2,5k before discounts at 90, and you can do it just fine without flying 85-90.

Treasures of pandaria allow you to recover 2k which would be almost impossible on ground, while easy on ground, but even then... for the time it takes you're probably better off doing 25 hcs gold wise, so let's just say you can leave treasures there, gold wise, while they're nice experience wise.
    Not to mention even just with heirlooms you can quest in jade forest till 88 and then just go around and collect treasures for the last 2 levels. It's so braindead easy and people are willing to sit all day bidding on some dumb tome to shave 45 minutes of the total leveling time.

15+ Year Old Account

Some days ago on Silvermoon
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

If we filtered every post that had someone posting a pic of someone gold capping popular T3 gear and considering it ridiculous this thread would be 4 pages.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    At least that shirt has an "on use" ability....

How many of you would choose to pay a million gold for that shirt over 50USD on wowtcgloot? I understand not wanting to spend real money for ingame items, but a million gold is worth a lot more to me than 50 bucks. I'd probably buy the shirt with money instead of wasting a million gold, but that's just me. I'm sure those that would spend the gold are probably ten times better at making gold than I am, and have much more gold than I do, but still.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's my personal point of view, but i would never pay real money for an item in-game, except if sold by Blizzard Shop. Since i cannot (legitimately) turn my 1million gold into dollars/euros, risking my account safety, i would prefer to gold cap an item i want than pay RL money. On the other hand, if i could sell gold legitimately, your point of view would be extremely useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post
    How many of you would choose to pay a million gold for that shirt over 50USD on wowtcgloot? I understand not wanting to spend real money for ingame items, but a million gold is worth a lot more to me than 50 bucks. I'd probably buy the shirt with money instead of wasting a million gold, but that's just me. I'm sure those that would spend the gold are probably ten times better at making gold than I am, and have much more gold than I do, but still.
    I came back 2 weeks ago, put less than 10 hours total time played since I returned.

I've made 80k gold.

Honestly, people just don't care about gold because it's so damn easy to make. Between Garrison gold pinata, soloing cata 25h, and other various things destroying the value of gold, it's just hard to care. If I had 22 100s, I could probably make over 200k a week with ~3-4 hours a day put into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post
    I'd spend the gold. Sure, I could work an hour of overtime and make the 50 bucks instead of the numerous hours that it would take me to make a million ingame. But, I simply don't want to spend real currency on a game if I don't have to (aside from the potential account security issues or real life financial security issues that going through unofficial channels could bring).