Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etamalgren View Post
    1,000,000(g) .00(s)00(c) / 1.05 = 952,380(g) .95(s) 24(c) (rounded up to nearest copper)
    That is precisely how much you'd have to spend to effectively goldcap an item on the BMAH, since you need to spend at least 5% more to win over another bid, and you can only bid a maximum of 999999g 99s 99c.
    it's around 4.94% for some stupid reason so you need to bid at least 953016g, or 954k to be safe

From Al-Akir EU maybe a week ago.

Yep. That's Huolon's mount. Not the Sha mount.
    Last edited by Colroyd; 2016-02-03 at 12:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got lucky on few sets but had to pass some because the price got ridiculous. Patience is a virtue, if only there were

1) more BMAH lotto boxes
    2) more frequent T3 spawns
    3) more items in general
    -K

I would say we need more items on the BMAH or a higher minimum number. For 3 days now mine has had 2-3 items, always one of them has been the flying book, 2 od the days the other was a pet worth no more than 2k and something else of marginal value.

I would say a minimum of 6 items and a max of 10 would help suck money out of the economy and give people a higher chance at getting what they want

its ok i already have all the rare mounts minus Ulduars Helicopter...

Why go to Ulduar when you can get it without leaving your garrison that gives you gold daily anyway? ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    Why go to Ulduar when you can get it without leaving your garrison that gives you gold daily anyway? ; )
    Well, you do have to go to Nagrand to bid on it.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

I bought a few Unclaimed boxes on my old realm where they went for near the starting bid.
    Got PvP gear when I don't PvP and Redemption leggings on my Warrior (I think that set is ugly as shit)

My old server had the lowest population out of all Oceanic realms (before the dreaded merge, RIP Gundrak) and things went for very cheap. I got a few dungeon/raid mounts I had been farming for a long time for 20k-50k. But it was also hard to make gold there unless you did nothing BUT camp the AH and constantly undercut people.

I'm currently waiting for the Galleon mount to spawn on our BMAH so I can gold cap it. The amount of time I spend waiting for him to respawn to tag on 20+ characters is annoying and well worth gold cap if it leaves me only having to wait for Sha, Nalak and Rukhmar respawns. I won't gold cap Sha, Nalak, Plagued, or the ZG mounts because I have 2100+ attempts of Sha and Nalak and 15 minutes is nothing to wait, and I have a friend who camps the BMAH and has multiple gold caps who is waiting for ZG mounts and the Plagued so I'd rather let him have it since unobtainables don't fuss me too much :P

I have seen mounts like Invincible and Mimiron's go for gold cap despite them being easy to solo now, and I used to think why the hell are people wasting their gold like that.

People will spend mass amounts of gold on 'easy' things because either, a) they have multiple gold caps and are lazy so buy things instead of stepping foot into a raid/dungeon to farm, or b) the poor sod has over 300 kills of LK or Yogg and is really just sick of farming the raid, or in the case of the Rusted Proto, is over trying to solo some of the more annoying achievements or find people to join him and help. (Or he has mistaken it for the Plagued and thinks he is getting a bargain)

I'm part of the 'b)' club, I am so over sitting and waiting for Galleon that one gold cap is worth not having to worry about him for the rest of WoD or Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greyarea View Post
    I would say we need more items on the BMAH or a higher minimum number. For 3 days now mine has had 2-3 items, always one of them has been the flying book, 2 od the days the other was a pet worth no more than 2k and something else of marginal value.

I would say a minimum of 6 items and a max of 10 would help suck money out of the economy and give people a higher chance at getting what they want
    For the last two weeks ours has had nothing 'rare' except Mimirons and Arcanite Reaper (Mimirons my friend gold-capped as he had so many kills of Yogg and was over it).
    It's either crap tier no one wants or shoddy pets, or 705 HFC gear or those ugly arse tabards that people are bidding heaps on for transmog in Legion.
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

Gold rush prices.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, how many are scoring on the Grimoire of the four winds?

Saving so much gold by buying them on the BMAH than training at the vendor.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I bought one for leveling my priest. Amazing item.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    I bought one for leveling my priest. Amazing item.
    If I can get one, I get one. Hehe. Even if no alt.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Rarity does the job.

If the Swift Spectral Tiger was just a random mount, say buyable from Darnassus quartermaster for 500 gold at exalted, hardly ever would someone ride it.
    The mount would be considered fugly. Because it IS fugly. That mount looks like something made in 2005, and frankly it IS something made... not much farther from 2005.
    But because of its rarity, it currently commands 3M+ prices on EU realms and people drool over it like hungry 2 year olds.

Same for tier 3 from naxxramas. While some sets might look decent, they have ancient textures and aren't even close to the quality of current-content tier sets. Compare Tier3 Warlock set to Tier17 Warlock set (the a'la Gul'Dan mythic set) for example.

But hey, naxxramas was removed from the game so people are happy to throw 5 mil gold at an ancient-looking armor set.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't agree that the mount is fugly, and I actually really like Plagueheart for locks, but at the same time you are definitely right. Rarity does impact how "cool" something is in this game, definitely. My death knight can be used as an example:

On the left side we have a mount and transmog that can fetch 6-10 million gold combined, on the right side we have t18 normal and €20 store mount. There's no need to say more about it, the picture speaks for itself. If the store mount was only sold by a vendor for 999,999g people would buy it. And definitely use it.
    Last edited by Bodom; 2016-02-11 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    But hey, naxxramas was removed from the game so people are happy to throw 5 mil gold at an ancient-looking armor set.
    I cannot understand for the life of me why people go after stuff like the priest T3. It has got to be the worst, low-resolution garbage gear set I've ever seen. It looks like it's made out of paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    I cannot understand for the life of me why people go after stuff like the priest T3. It has got to be the worst, low-resolution garbage gear set I've ever seen. It looks like it's made out of paper.
    rarity, if there was a 0.00001% drop that lowered your dps by 50% gave you a unique title of the retard, and came with a guy that punched you in the balls every 15 minutes, people would farm it because it's so rare and impressive!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    rarity, if there was a 0.00001% drop that lowered your dps by 50% gave you a unique title of the retard, and came with a guy that punched you in the balls every 15 minutes, people would farm it because it's so rare and impressive!
    thanks very much for this, made the usual pain of mmo bearable !!

and I agree , if you can have it , then less others will and that makes it a little more worthwhile, especially if you know your competition

3. High difficulty: MOP raid mounts. Drop rate is the same but you need decent gear to solo them without troubles, so you can't abuse your 11 alts to greatly shorten farming times.
    Agree with most, except this: if you are a hardcore soloist, you can use that for mount farming too, example: I have like 44 level 100s, almost everyone is a dk, back when I was farming the mop raid mounts, I got elegon in February 2.015 (32 kills, lucky ofc, but I was doing it with 10 blood dks a week, 590 item level was enough), horridon in March (35 kills, lucky but I was doing it on 10 blood dks a week, 636 item level was enough, pot and bl helped) and ji-kun in April (101 kills, up to 21 blood dks a week, 636 item level was enough, pot and bl helped).

So what I mean is simply that if you have a strong soloing class and know how to use it (most tanks + hunters I would say atm), even low geared alts will be able to farm those mounts, you might say I can't solo gara'jal, which is on the way to elegon with 590 item level, but because this stuff can be done on normal difficulty, you can just extend saves with spirit kings\jin'rokh\megaera down and have a friend invite all your alts into a same group, then you solo, kill, leave, log next alt, reset instances, repeat, so you only have to solo the boss you need mount from (btw, the recent elegon sparks bug raised the blood dk item level requirement to 610, still lower than the other 2).

So in short I would not spend a copper on ji-kun etc. and for the time they take to farm with this method they're not worth more than 100k gold.

On the other hand, every single mop world boss mount is worth gold cap or more, so would instant cap them if I saw them (did so for nalak, although not instant, but lesson learnt now, people have too much gold even on low pops), love rocket is worth gold cap or more (although it's not in BMAH database for now) and the 3 removed mounts are worth gold cap or more (most likely even rukhmar if it were in BMAH), nothing else is.

1 exception is the following, huolon: with how easy it was in mop I'd have never considered capping it, you had so many realms you could jump to, and my low pop realm easily had it survive 1-2 mins even during the day and half an hour overnight if I wasn't there, BUT nowadays with crz plaguing mop, there are very few different instances where huolon can spawn across the whole EU servers, and because of level 100s camping he still dies in 5-10 seconds of spawn like he did in high pop realms in mop, so effectively you will have 45 mins of average wait + not much realm hopping you can do, the average of 100 kills means in the 75 hours it would take you you could've made 375k gold farming 25 hcs on a 700 geared char, so say you're unlucky and takes you 300 kills or more, then it's worth a cap, definitely agony to farm for who missed out.

Deleted
    dafuq silvermoon... thats like 2 hrs after bmah reset, so propably instant cap

really... gold cap on a mount that drops from first boss. Can be solod by anyone level 71+ in like 3 minutes.
    Yeah it can be a little pain to grind, it took me well over a year of farming in cata when i just had 1 character at max lvl
    Still what a waste of gold

dafuq silvermoon... thats like 2 hrs after bmah reset, so propably instant cap

really... gold cap on a mount that drops from first boss. Can be solod by anyone level 71+ in like 3 minutes.
    Yeah it can be a little pain to grind, it took me well over a year of farming in cata when i just had 1 character at max lvl
    Still what a waste of gold
    Might be gone with the kara remake like the ZG mounts, so maybe a panic bid.