Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    On a side note, every time I see threads like this, I wonder what some people do with their free time. Do they just search through world news endlessly, trying to find something they can be offended by, or whine about? Take this thread. Someone took their time to dig out the news of a new word being added into the Swedish dictionary, post it on MMO Champion, complaining about it in the process, and a whole discussion a dozen pages long emerged, with people being offended by the word, being offended by others being offended by the word, and so on. Even I am right now whining about other people whining. What the hell is wrong with us all?

Imagine, 50 years from now. A new thread on MMO Champion: "My neighbor sneezed". 12,500 pages long discussion about how our society is doomed because that sneeze apparently had some political agenda behind it and might even have been an act of terrorism, because it exposed the corruption in our country, and so on and so on...
    Last edited by May90; 2015-12-28 at 07:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Even I am right now whining about other people whining. What the hell is wrong with us all?
    Would you describe yourself as feminist by any chance or claim feminism is just about equality?

Deleted
    On a side note, every time I see threads like this, I wonder what some people do with their free time. Do they just search through world news endlessly, trying to find something they can be offended by, or whine about? Take this thread. Someone took their time to dig out the news of a new word being added into the Swedish dictionary, post it on MMO Champion, complaining about it in the process, and a whole discussion a dozen pages long emerged, with people being offended by the word, being offended by others being offended by the word, and so on. Even I am right now whining about other people whining. What the hell is wrong with us all?
    We've all become the very monsters that we fight, the abyss is looking back, with judging offending eyes!

Oh Nietzsche, how I love thou

Deleted
    Sweden has one of the highest qualities of life in the world. Poor Swedish people...
    That's despite the retarded shit coming from Sweden, not because of it. <.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Mansplaining is when a sjw male goes on an explaining spree of women issues they never experienced, and presume themselves to speak for women.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    I wasn't even aware anyone took serious offense from the word 'mansplaining.' Personally I thought it was just slang for 'continuing to explain something even though you're wrong, often obnoxiously'

I don't even particularly think it's offensive since it's stereotypically a male trait - or rather, a trait of a stereotypical 1950s husband.

I don't think it's any more sexist than 'bunny boiler' and honestly find the term quite funny.
    Because it's not a male trait at all? And it's sexist as fuck to assume people explaining when they're wrong is only within the walls of the male compound.

When ironically, if it wasn't sexually charged it would be feminists who are always "Mansplaining"

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems Oxford Dictionary has a definition for this as well.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us...lish/mansplain
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Would you describe yourself as feminist by any chance or claim feminism is just about equality?
    I am not answering trap questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    We've all become the very monsters that we fight, the abyss is looking back, with judging offending eyes!

Oh Nietzsche, how I love thou
    As I've heard from someone, "I'm complaining about myself complaining". I am still confused by that phrase...

Quote Originally Posted by Blomster View Post
    That's despite the retarded shit coming from Sweden, not because of it. <.<
    I would flip it: it is because Sweden has such a high quality of life, that people look for new ways to get adrenaline pumping and do retarded shit.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbrand View Post
    Because it's not a male trait at all? And it's sexist as fuck to assume people explaining when they're wrong is only within the walls of the male compound.

When ironically, if it wasn't sexually charged it would be feminists who are always "Mansplaining"
    Absolutely, which is why we already have a gender neutral word for it, which is "condescending".

Deleted
    I would flip it: it is because Sweden has such a high quality of life, that people look for new ways to get adrenaline pumping and do retarded shit.
    Has existed before as well, it's just that these people actually have a platform nowadays. :l

This looks more like an attempt to shame men and be sexist.

Why not just refer to it for what it really is, "being condescending"?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Absolutely, which is why we already have a gender neutral word for it, which is "condescending".
    and that's the thread folks! Thanks for attending.

Deleted
    http://www.thelocal.se/20151228/mast...dish-word-list
    A unique word for female masturbation (‘klittra’), a plethora of news vocabulary, and tech verbs such as ‘svajpa’, ‘svischa’, and ‘vejpa’, dominate Sweden's official list of new words for 2015.

She said that 'klittra', a new word for female masturbation which won a competition held by the Swedish Association for Sexuality Education (RFSU), followed a recent Swedish trend of developing new words for political effect.

Omg, I'm dying of laughter here. D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    This looks more like an attempt to shame men and be sexist.

Why not just refer to it for what it really is, "being condescending"?
    [insert "Thank You!" gif]

complaining about it in the process
    Some day you'll figure that people talk about all kinds of shit without complaining or, gasp, wanting to change anything.
    In the meanwhile, people are spinning the rhetoric as "this can offend my feelings", so that other people that see complains in every exchange can understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has existed before as well, it's just that these people actually have a platform nowadays. :l
    Well, better if they have a legitimate platform, than if they are ostracized and have to resort to marginal, even terrorist, acts to deliver their message - in my opinion.

http://www.thelocal.se/20151228/mast...dish-word-list

Omg, I'm dying of laughter here. D:
    *opens up Amazon.com to order a textbook on Swedish language*

I'd say mansplaining is a legitimate term. I've been mansplained to in the most ridiculous of circumstances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I'd say mansplaining is a legitimate term. I've been mansplained to in the most ridiculous of circumstances.
    Would you say you have had someone speak to you in a condescending way?

I always thought mansplaining was taking care of your pubes........

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    I always thought manspaining was taking care of your pubes........
    That is manscaping. which is just a fun way for men to say they groom their pubic regions.