Affluenza teen caught in Mexico with mother.

The Texas teenager who infamously invoked an "affluenza" defense while on trial for a fatal drunken-driving crash could be on a plane back to the U.S. later Tuesday, Mexican authorities told NBC News.

Ethan Couch, who had been on the lam in Mexico with his mother Tonya before being caught Monday, will be flying to Houston from Puerto Vallarta, said Ricardo Ariel Vera Lira, a federal delegate in the state of Jalisco.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...mexico-n487136

(CNN)Will Ethan Couch, the "affluenza" teen, get off lightly again?

Couch drew the ire of many after a judge sentenced the then 16-year-old to 10 years probation for a 2013 drunk driving crash that killed four people.

Those who felt the sentence too lenient felt validated when Couch violated his probation and fled. He was detained Monday in Mexico.

But if you are expecting a judge to throw the book at him, be warned that the book might not be too heavy.

As of now, the most severe punishment Couch could face is 120 days in adult jail, Tarrant County District Attorney Sharen Wilson said at a press conference Tuesday.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/29/us/aff...ned-in-mexico/
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The parents are probably gonna get in trouble. I wonder how they found them

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    So glad this asshat was caught.

While it appears initially that his maximum jail time will be 120 days, that slack jawed yokel will then be in the adult correction system. And if (when) he gets, and then subsequently violates, his parole again, he'll be in jail for decades with an asshole the diameter of a can of beans.

Plus, there might be some criminal charges he can be convicted of now, as an adult, based on his actions in fleeing authorities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    The parents are probably gonna get in trouble. I wonder how they found them
    It's my understanding that the dad was assisting authorities.

That kid looks perpetually stoned. I really hope he faces some serious consequences this time instead of another slap on the wrist.

Deleted
    I could be mistaken but there's been at least two other threads about this so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Spoiled rich kids are truly a cancer.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Mods:

close this thread - there is another thread on this topic.