Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Lol I don't know why but I found that statement really funny. You sound like my brother. Interesting but kinda weird dude.
    Doesn't everyone think about healthcare costs vs. returns while they're standing around in an elevator?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Didn't I say sure there's occasional horror stories, some I personally experienced

Of course the negative is reported whereas the positive is never. The NHS isn't perfect but it's better than no free healthcare. Besides if one doesn't want to go NHS they can go private

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Didn't I say sure there's occasional horror stories, some I personally experienced

Of course the negative is reported whereas the positive is never. The NHS isn't perfect but it's better than no free healthcare. Besides if one doesn't want to go NHS they can go private
    Besides, none of those "horror stories" are any worse than what might occur in the US. My own mother had to wait 6 years for her ankle replacement surgery while the doctors argued with the insurance companies. The whole time she was in agonizing pain, could barely walk, gained a hundred pounds, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Doesn't everyone think about healthcare costs vs. returns while they're standing around in an elevator?
    Lol that's why I like you. I think about what im going to eat, whether or not I should go on a run, or stupid stuff like that.

Deleted
    Besides, none of those "horror stories" are any worse than what might occur in the US. My own mother had to wait 6 years for her ankle replacement surgery while the doctors argued with the insurance companies. The whole time she was in agonizing pain, could barely walk, gained a hundred pounds, etc.
    Funnily enough us Brits are known for complaining and yeah, we even moan about the NHS HOWEVER I don't know anybody who would happily abolish the NHS. Besides it's difficult keeping the NHS great when politicians keep making cuts

10+ Year Old Account
    Funnily enough us Brits are known for complaining and yeah, we even moan about the NHS HOWEVER I don't know anybody who would happily abolish the NHS. Besides it's difficult keeping the NHS great when politicians keep making cuts
    When I was in Scotland cruising around listening to BBC Radio 4, that was the one thing every political party agreed on. The NHS is awesome and we need to allocate funds to preserve its efficacy.

Deleted
    When I was in Scotland cruising around listening to BBC Radio 4, that was the one thing every political party agreed on. The NHS is awesome and we need to allocate funds to preserve its efficacy.
    In our defence though we've had the NHS since 1948 so I can understand somewhat Americas hesitation towards it, especially with its hyper capitalist culture. I do hope one day America gets awesome free healthcare unfortunately I am cynical towards that happening

Well
    Last year alone the state paid about 800€ for my stuff

But I'm healthy and can and do work
    they get about 300 to 500 in taxes from me each month, so I guess they make a plus

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    -Customer cant be bothered to shop around: They'll spend 3 weeks shopping around to save 400 dollars on a car....but won't spend 5 seconds looking for the best price and quality on their healthcare dollar.
    Tell me, how is one supposed to shop around during a medical emergency (urgent care is MUCH more expensive, btw)?

Deleted

Those are institutional problems not the odd screw up.
    If the NHS has found some way to dodge treating you then you aren't getting healthcare anyway.
    As for private it's expensive and protectionlism in medicine, in general, blocks the public from addressing their needs.

That's the same as kids wanting to preserve santa clause.