Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Utinil View Post
    Honestly, with the ACA (Obamacare) I am not sure why this is a huge issue. Is Planned Parenthood offering HIV services that are not covered
    by it? If so, I would like to see what those services are, and if that money is earmarked to go to those services without involving PP. Also, the title is slightly misleading. Not renewing a contract isn't the same (to me) as stripping funding. The article is also written in an extremely biased manner, jumping to conclusions.

I do not like the idea of giving any tax payer money to Planned Parenthood. I do not agree with the idea that they are keeping the abortion funds and other funds separate. I do not see how that can be completely done. If someone calls and asks the receptionist a quick question about abortion and that person answers, then that persons salary does involve abortion. The idea that if only 1% (completely made up number) of their work concerns abortion, therefore only 1% of that salary must come from abortion funds doesn't work. They must have someone on staff able to field those calls 100% of the time, so therefore they are paying that persons salary for them to be available during their whole shift.

For the record, I am not opposed to abortion. I do believe that with modern medical technology that the time frame where someone can get an abortion should be shortened as some babies have been born during the abortion available time frame and lived. But, that is another argument and don't wish to derail the thread any more than I already may have.

Obamacare does not cover abortions. The Hyde Amendment states you cannot use federal funds to provide abortions, except in rape and incest cases. Second, Texas of course rejected federal funding of health care, aka ObamaCare.

You again have a conspiracy theory that P.P is slipping federal money under the table for abortions. Again, a misleading fantasy that P.P. is doing the most evil things like in an alley, when a passing pregnant woman walks by they say: "Psssst! Want to have an abortion, I got money from taxpayers right here. Go get that abortion".

Not renewing a contract isn't the same (to me) as stripping funding.
    The contract is about funding a program. SO not renewing the contract is exactly the same as stripping funding for that program.

Then the same people that don't renew this contract gets alarmed with abortions, when they strip funding to organizations that help reduce abortions with Planned Parenthood.
    Thrall always was, is, and will be my true Warchief. Garrosh and Vol'jin werent/arent.

Is Planned Parenthood offering HIV services that are not covered by it? If so, I would like to see what those services are
    Planned Parenthood delivers comprehensive reproductive healthcare without a side of Jesus and can be trusted to actually provide healthcare services, something that becomes harder and harder to get as religious groups buy up hospital chains or when religiously backed and run clinics are the only clinics in town. Religious healthcare providers have a track record of denying standard of care service, notably in cases that involve miscarriages, contraception and sterilization. Trusting those providers for any kind of care for a condition that they make value judgements on, including HIV, is playing roulette.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Contract had an end date /shocking...........isn't renewed. Start uninformed hysteria and make baseless claims that somehow the contract should have no end date because.......planned parenthood.

End thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    Contract had an end date /shocking...........isn't renewed. Start uninformed hysteria and make baseless claims that somehow the contract should have no end date because.......planned parenthood.

End thread.
    If it's been renewed with no problems for 3 decades, then it's rather clear that this is over abortion and not a routine thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they provide vital medical services, more like.

But go Texas! Government small enough to fit inside a uterus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

End thread.
    So we should have HIV/Aids prevention? Also the hysteria, if you read the article, is by an Inspector General and state legislature that is purposely trying to strip P.P. of all it provides.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    So we should have HIV/Aids prevention? Also the hysteria, if you read the article, is by an Inspector General and state legislature that is purposely trying to strip P.P. of all it provides.
    And...?
    Don't like it, move out of Texas or vote in new representation. If you don't live in Texas, why do you even care?
    Also, its not like PP is the only organization that offers HIV services.

10+ Year Old Account
    And...?
    It's, you know, wrong.

Don't like it, move out of Texas or vote in new representation. If you don't live in Texas, why do you even care?
    Some of us are capable of being concerned about the welfare of people other than ourselves.

Cool, is Texas planning to subsidise the Salvation Army instead of PP?
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhine101 View Post
    Before we start bashing all Texans. I want to say that me and my friend stood up to some guy giving a Muslim MMA trainer a hard time for teaching Muslim children self defense. I now have a new Facebook friend and the guy says he is greateful good people are in the world. I can post pics if proof is necessary.

Bash the move not the entire state like we all think the same.
    Nah man this is trial by social media, don't post here with your micro aggression bro. Getting pissed before all the information is out is a fk right brah.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2015-12-30 at 03:50 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    At this point, it's like they want to just punish people for having sex at all, because small government or something. I don't even know anymore.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    It's, you know, wrong.

Some of us are capable of being concerned about the welfare of people other than ourselves.

Cool, is Texas planning to subsidise the Salvation Army instead of PP?
    That's your opinion.

I personally don't believe a contract should have no end date, that would be ridiculous.

Stupid question at the end.

And...?
    So you would want to not fund a program that prevents the spreading of HIV or AIDS? I care as a health issue of not prevention of something that kills people AND costs people, aka taxpayers, large amounts of money for medical care.

PP is generally where many people go for their health and prevention. Would be same of me saying that your closes hospital is not only place for major medical care. Close it down and now you have to drive X amount of miles. So instead you say "forget it" and don't get health care. Same for PP. People would choose not to get HIV prevention and possibly spread the disease.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's your opinion.
    Please do elaborate how funding a crucial public health service is not, in fact, correct.

I personally don't believe a contract should have no end date, that would be ridiculous.
    And I personally don't believe there should be a contract and it should simply be covered by a public healthcare scheme.

10+ Year Old Account
    you show them texas. way to outdo florida.
    seriously this is beyond stupid.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

But think of the children!!! THE CHILDREN!!! Who are you to take their HIV? JEEEEEEEEEEESUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS! *shakes fist and thumps Bible*

Sweet, just what we need, less prevention against infectious disease
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    Planned Parenthood delivers comprehensive reproductive healthcare without a side of Jesus and can be trusted to actually provide healthcare services, something that becomes harder and harder to get as religious groups buy up hospital chains or when religiously backed and run clinics are the only clinics in town. Religious healthcare providers have a track record of denying standard of care service, notably in cases that involve miscarriages, contraception and sterilization. Trusting those providers for any kind of care for a condition that they make value judgements on, including HIV, is playing roulette.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

But hey, nothing new to see here - conservatives choosing to harm girls and women just because they can, yet again.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    This is pretty messed up

I'm a native Texan and, seriously: Planned Parenthood should just leave Texas altogether. And any other abortion provider (if they still exist). And most of the HIV services, too. Just give Texas exactly what it wants, and spend your resources in parts of the country that appreciate it. Let Texas have its abstinence education, no abortion services, reduced family planning services, and HIV prevention, and let them deal with the aftermath of all that.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.