Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Can we all agree that people can spend their damn money on what they want?

Quote Originally Posted by warzerotwo View Post
    If it's not on GoG, it doesn't exist.
    Unfortunatly Mafia City of Lost Heaven doesnt exist anywhere in digital form anymore

Now thats a G O G

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Fire up a game only to discover it's a Ubisoft product, which means it requires uPlay. Using a DRM service (Steam) to launch another DRM service (uPlay) to get access to the product I bought and paid for.

How fucking asinine. Time to find out if Steam's refund service is up to snuff and I'll just have to yohoho an actually functional version of the game. I'm all for supporting the developers but I absolutely refuse to support Ubisoft until they get rid of their fucking stupid uPlay nonsense, or until Valve finally grows some balls and realizes they're the king ape in the PC jungle.
    This is the reason I straight up refuse to legitimately purchase Ubisoft games. Even if they are good (Assassins Creed: Blackflag) or super terrible horribly bad (Assassin's Creed: Anything after 4) I will continue to pirate their games because they don't deserve money on the platform they are selling on. Not to mention this whole anti-piracy DRMing craze isn't even protecting their product from being "stolen". There's always a backdoor or a way to trick the program to think uplay is there.

Hell it's for that reason why I never use Origin beyond playing games that require the internet. EA can equally suck as many dicks as Ubisoft until they pull head from ass and realize that their efforts are wasted when going up against coders and hackers that are far more determined than their cyber security "team".
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    lol, 3 million at near full price is a major difference then 3 million sold lifetime on steam. Apparently it flew way over your head though. Profit margin is more important then raw numbers sold.

- - - Updated - - -

You're not alone, yet you're clearly a minority that has not hurt EAs bottom line.

EA started this in 2012 with ME3, and have not backed out of it. EA has popular enough franchises that they can pull this off. Also the clear double standard is shown, Blizzard is allowed to get away with having their own launcher in your opinion but no other publisher can, pure fucking lulz.
    It's proabably from their Sims 3 $400 in DLC.

Also Steam Sales? OH LORD If steam sales happened to MCC youd be looking at 5+ Million Sales figures.
    They released the exact same games in a bundle on the platform people likely previously owned them on.

Release them on a new platform you don't think profits would of been significantly higher and warrented while they latest game stayed Xbox only.

You are delueded if you don't believe their profits on a PC release would dwarf Xbox Sales figures.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2015-12-31 at 11:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    I haven't encountered any problems with GOG's Galaxy client, Ubisoft's uplay client, EA's origin client or Valve's steam client. As such I'll continue using it for any of their PC games I want to play.
    Ubisoft pulls enough shit with their games to make me dislike them almost as much as I dislike EA. Throw on requiring to start up a second program simply to play their games and I'd rather just not buy from them. Fuck Ubisoft and their bullshit advertising, I was excited about Watchdogs until I saw the difference between what was advertised as "gameplay" and actual gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Over 3 million sold on Xbox One, most at near full price. Please provide evidence the PC profits would "dwarf" that. Otherwise, stop posting bologna.

Halo is not magically going to be as popular as CSGO is. Halo has always been a console franchise, which started development as a Mac franchise. The Halo fanbase is on Xbox.
    I know i would be one to buy it, i want to play Halo, but i also do not want to get an Xbox, plus, exclusives are shit and only hurt consumers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I'm sure you can find the threads on these forums that'll give you the answer to that question. Or you can check other sites. Then there's of course easily found articles like this (just to show it's just not me saying this):

http://www.tibco.com/blog/2013/04/06...s-loathed-why/

My own experiences with their customer support and the client itself were, at least at the time when I decided not to use it again, were well enforced by several articles and forum threads that I found, simply by checking if I was the only one having issues with Origin.

I'm glad you've had no problems with it.
    An article from 2013? Good thing it's 2015 and Origin is fine.

I've never had a problem with Uplay, GOG, Origin. Steam just had a massive security breach.

I have no principles when it comes to playing games I like. now. if I have a choice between getting a game off GoG vs steam or whatever? I'll go with GoG. but if I really want to play a particular game and it requires their launcher and there is no other way (pirating doesn't count). they win. the bastards. the only way I'll stop playing these games is if they stop making games i want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Ubisoft pulls enough shit with their games to make me dislike them almost as much as I dislike EA. Throw on requiring to start up a second program simply to play their games and I'd rather just not buy from them. Fuck Ubisoft and their bullshit advertising, I was excited about Watchdogs until I saw the difference between what was advertised as "gameplay" and actual gameplay.
    Bioware points and $400 Sims DLC makes me think Ubisoft is a saint compared to EA and their puppet

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I have no principles when it comes to playing games I like. now. if I have a choice between getting a game off GoG vs steam or whatever? I'll go with GoG. but if I really want to play a particular game and it requires their launcher and there is no other way (pirating doesn't count). they win. the bastards. the only way I'll stop playing these games is if they stop making games i want to play.
    isn't GoG by CDProjectRED? I fully support giving them as much money as humanly possible for their Witcher Games and Anti DLC stance.
    I'm showing my support by buying Cyberpunk 2077 the day it goes on presale because you can guarantee it will be fucking gold and you won't be nickle and dimed for a gutted game.

Quote Originally Posted by AssasinxXx View Post
    I know i would be one to buy it, i want to play Halo, but i also do not want to get an Xbox, plus, exclusives are shit and only hurt consumers.
    Exclusives hurt consumers? Oh lawd, we have the delusional PC gaming chest thumping going on right now in full force.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post

Also Steam Sales? OH LORD If steam sales happened to MCC youd be looking at 5+ Million Sales figures.
    Lets look at the top selling console shooter of last gen. Black Ops 2, whopping 2.6 million sold on Steam LIFETIME http://steamspy.com/app/202990

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=black+ops+ii 29 million sold on consoles.

Yea, there is totally evidence that supports your claim PC gamers are going to buy a console, small map run and gun shooter in droves

uPlay is shit. I bought Far Cry 3 on Steam a couple years ago and I have like 30 minutes /played due to that shitty uPlay. I just can't force myself to use 2 platforms to launch a single fucking game.

(Same goes for Origin by the way) IMO

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    You don't have to launch a second program, skip Steam and just start uPlay.
    I really don't get all the praise Steam gets for being so bloated, especially in combination with the horrible support from Valve.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukidaruma View Post
    You don't have to launch a second program, skip Steam and just start uPlay.
    I really don't get all the praise Steam gets for being so bloated, especially in combination with the horrible support from Valve.
    Don't try to talk logic with people.

Blizzard and Valve are allowed to have DRM/launcher no other company is. Cause the vocal reddit crowd say so

What is the problem with Uplay, or Origin? Who cares if you have to click one extra time to open the game..
    Uplay is 500mb, you don't need it active at all, when you don't want to play one of the games that cames from ubisoft.

This is really just childish crying.

Yes it is a tiny annoyance that you get forced to open uplay and hit play in there, when you could have it all in steam directly.. but do it really require a thread asking us to agree to never buy from them.

As long as I can still buy the games from steam, and have it all easily availble in the steam interface, I don't have a problem. I don't need to go find uplay and open manually, can just hit play in steam and it will open and then hit play again..

It's hardly different than having to log in, inside a game or hit play after a tedious start up animation.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

You're not alone, yet you're clearly a minority that has not hurt EAs bottom line.

EA started this in 2012 with ME3, and have not backed out of it. EA has popular enough franchises that they can pull this off. Also the clear double standard is shown, Blizzard is allowed to get away with having their own launcher in your opinion but no other publisher can, pure fucking lulz.
    Well, I don't care. I can always use a pirate copy if the game really is worth it.

Also, there is no double standarts, because I am allowed to not use b-net launcher for WoW and Diablo3, and I don't play anything else from Blizzard. And even if I would, B-net launcher does not feel the need to install fucking update every week, and never shuts down my PC while installing updates, unlike fucking origin. B-net client launches in 2 seconds, unlike fucking origin. B-net launcher does not bombard me with fucking advertizing of other Blizzard product, unlike fucking Origin, which is popup here - buy this - popup there - buy this - popup even there - buy even that. Fuck Origin.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Well, I don't care. I can always use a pirate copy if the game really is worth it.

Also, there is no double standarts, because I am allowed to not use b-net launcher for WoW and Diablo3, and I don't play anything else from Blizzard. And even if I would, B-net launcher does not feel the need to install fucking update every week, and never shuts down my PC while installing updates, unlike fucking origin. B-net client launches in 2 seconds, unlike fucking origin. B-net launcher does not bombard me with fucking advertizing of other Blizzard product, unlike fucking Origin, which is popup here - buy this - popup there - buy this - popup even there - buy even that. Fuck Origin.
    If a game is worth it...steal it, rock solid logic. My origin launches just as quick as b-net, has never shut down my PC, has never seen a single ad for any game. The only thing that pops up is the free download for on the house games. I'd say you are being a little dramatic to justify things to yourself but you seem like you have quite the anger problem to start with so that seems about normal for those types.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    If a game is worth it...steal it, rock solid logic. My origin launches just as quick as b-net, has never shut down my PC, has never seen a single ad for any game. The only thing that pops up is the free download for on the house games. I'd say you are being a little dramatic to justify things to yourself but you seem like you have quite the anger problem to start with so that seems about normal for those types.
    Considering the first thing that happens when you boot steam is ads for games his post is pure lulz as using that as a point against Origin. Origin has far less in your face advertising then Steam.

At this point, he is just salty because his ridiculousness was pointed out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    And even if I would, B-net launcher does not feel the need to install fucking update every week, and never shuts down my PC while installing updates, unlike fucking origin. B-net client launches in 2 seconds, unlike fucking origin. B-net launcher does not bombard me with fucking advertizing of other Blizzard product, unlike fucking Origin, which is popup here - buy this - popup there - buy this - popup even there - buy even that. Fuck Origin.
    Curious, my Origin only ever pops up a single "advert" when I start Windows up. It's completely silent after that until I manually load it, or reboot Windows.

Steam does the same. Steam does update more frequently for me, but that's due to my opting into the beta client, when I'm not opted in, there aren't a great many updates.

I've had uplay on my system for quite some time and it doesn't even load unless I go to play Far Cry, or whatever else, and even then, but I press to play Far Cry from Steam, it loads uplay, then loads Far Cry and I'm in game with barely even a notice that uplay is there/installed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    There are other ways to play ubisoft game on PC. Just saying.
    Yep, those other ways are the best. /wink /wink

Still, Ubisoft does make some good games at least. I have a much bigger problem with EA.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Dude, are you serious? I don't need anything to "justify" my actions towards not using buggy crappy bloatware which I had mostly unpleasant experience using. I am a grown adult and will do whatever fits my interests, no matter if randoms over interwebs like it or not

Let me tell you my anecdotal evidence, if you want it so much. Last game I bought from Origin was Mass effect 3. The game itself simply disappeared from my game library three times. Then one of DLCs I've buyed was marked as not buyed and I had a very long and unpleasant conversation with EA stuff in chat. Then the game crashed to desktop and it simply won't start once again because of some bug with save synchronisation, so I had to reinstall client. Then Origin, updating itself, shut down my PC, and continued doing so everytime I start Origin, so I had to reinstall Origin.

I never had any problems with Steam, and, as I sad, I can play my Blizzard games without b-net launcher. So no, kudos to you using that garbage drm, me personally won't touch that shit with a 100ft pole. I simply had enough.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though