Graphics glitching out and PC resetting

So every once in a while (rather inconsistently) my PC graphics will go all black or all light green. Some times things will recover and things will resume, other times, my PC just makes noises out of the speakers and eventually shuts off, or I do not wait and hard shutdown. This happens in WoW, a few of my son's games on steam but everything else never runs into the problem.

I have an NVIDIA GTX 560 ti in an Alienware Aurora R3. IS there something out there that can help monitor what is going on so I can look back after rebooting, or can test to make sure if my card is the problem? I can go get a new one to replace it, but if that is not the problem. I am about a year or two from getting a full new rig, but in the meantime, have to keep this puppy going.

mid 30's when idle and mid 60's up to mid 70 when gaming

black or light green you say you getting any messages about display drivers crashing? sounds like your gpu drivers are having some issues.

I put an old card I had, and though I could not ramp up graphics, things loaded without a crash. So I went and bought a new Card, EVGA GTX 950, and games that crashed on load now work and WoW has run crash free for a while (it would of crashed by now), plus some games can now have higher settings.

I was getting driver crash on games that would not load (DDO, ARK) and looking in the event viewer, related messages.

5-6 year old card, needed a new one anyhow. Thanks for the time trying to help.