Thread: Paypal Issues

Deleted

Paypal Issues

Ok, i have 2 Paypal accounts. 1 with money on it, and 1 i get money deposited on. whenever there is money on the second 1, i transfer it to the first one. I had no issues upto now. Apparently both my accounts are restricted atm, and the second account (Where money is deposited on) has to provide alot of information to Paypal. Bankaccount info, Copy of ID, prove if adress etc. Why though? Both accounts are mine? All marked issues are all payments from and to my own accounts.

apparently I can ''Fix the claim'' on the account i transfer the money to, but i really don't know how/why. Like i said, both accounts are mine
    Last edited by mmoce38467a1b7; 2016-01-02 at 01:57 AM.

Because you signed an agreement saying you would provide this information if requested.

I'm not a fan of Paypal, mostly because of shit like this. I try to avoid using my Paypal account unless I absolutely have to, and I don't trust it with any significant amounts of money.

That's what killed my paypal account as well. Mild paypal usage, a couple deposits, mostly purchasing off ebay when that was still a thing in the late 90s. Out of the blue, poof, photo ID needed... oh well, started a new one and did my transaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

What's the point of using two when all you're doing is getting money, and transferring it to another one? I don't see the point for the one you're sending money to.

Why? Because whatever the problem is, they're trying to make sure the owner of the account is the one doing whatever it is you're doing, what's the big deal? Scan your stuff, send it in, and call it a day.

Why are you not asking them this?

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    That's what killed my paypal account as well. Mild paypal usage, a couple deposits, mostly purchasing off ebay when that was still a thing in the late 90s. Out of the blue, poof, photo ID needed... oh well, started a new one and did my transaction.
    Mine involved something I sold on eBay. Wasn't much (lot of 3-4 old PS2 games that I sold for around $50). Wasn't the first time I'd used the account to sell something. Paypal said they had to "verify" my account by calling me and giving me a code. Okay, fine. Plug in my number. NOPE, can't use a cell phone. Great...I don't have a landline. So it ended up being a pain in the ass, but I finally managed to work all that out. Then after that, they pulled some shit where they had to hold on to my money to "ensure my account safety" or something along those lines, so it ended up being almost a month before I actually got that $50.

Deleted
    Happened to me as well when I was selling Diablo 3 gold and items (through RMAH so all legit). They locked my Paypal account weekly.. called them, they asked for ID etc. fine whatever. few days later, locked AGAIN! Asked for more stuff. Then asked for bills? WTF? I was a minor living with my parents at the time.. good thing me and mom have the same first name. So I sent them few of hers.

I only use Paypal because theres is no real alternative. Otherwise I wouldnt even recommend it to my worst enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    What's the point of using two when all you're doing is getting money, and transferring it to another one?
    The first one is the one he is doing business on. The second one is where he transfers the money to so it's safe in case they freeze the first one. If he is using the same bank account for both then it doesn't matter but I don't have a bank account tied to mine anymore because they froze my entire bank account for a $450.00 dispute. I hate paypal.

10+ Year Old Account
    They probably think you may be laundering money. This is standard.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    Honestly we can't say much without you showing us the e-mail you got (if you do, please redact personal info).
    Having said that, your best bet is that you ran afoul of some automated system (most likely something to do with money muling).
    Your best bet is to provide the documentation they require if you want to keep your second paypal account.
    On the otherhand, you could also just defunct the second one and change the account that gets the money deposited to the first one and be happy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    They probably think you may be laundering money. This is standard.
    Shouldnt they have to prove it first instead of just freezing the accounts then? Its not only highly disruptive but costly too. If youre running a business and they freeze it, you pretty much have to stop receiving payments cause they wont come through, not even when you manage to get them to unfreeze it, if they were sent while your Paypal account was locked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Shouldnt they have to prove it first instead of just freezing the accounts then? Its not only highly disruptive but costly too. If youre running a business and they freeze it, you pretty much have to stop receiving payments cause they wont come through, not even when you manage to get them to unfreeze it, if they were sent while your Paypal account was locked.
    No, if they have reason to believe you're laundering money, I believe that they have to freeze your account and then ask for documentation.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    No, if they have reason to believe you're laundering money, I believe that they have to freeze your account and then ask for documentation.
    Yea but in my case, it was pretty absurd. Like where does it say you even have to have a place to live? In my case they locked my account over the SAME issue (receiving money from Blizzard) at least 4-5 times, and each time asked for something till I was practically yelling on them over the phone.

Asking for ID and stuff makes sense but asking me to send them my bills? What if you dont pay bills in your household? Account gone for good? -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea but in my case, it was pretty absurd. Like where does it say you even have to have a place to live? In my case they locked my account over the SAME issue (receiving money from Blizzard) at least 4-5 times, and each time asked for something till I was practically yelling on them over the phone.

Asking for ID and stuff makes sense but asking me to send them my bills? What if you dont pay bills in your household? Account gone for good? -.-
    Utility bills are widely used as proof of residency, because most people won't pay utility charges on property they don't actually own or live in.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    They only need to suspect it.

They have every right to freeze your accounts and request that information if they suspect anything dodgy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post

They have every right to freeze your accounts and request that information if they suspect anything dodgy.
    Well it was pretty funny in any case.. if you remember Diablo 3 RMAH, I had these tiny $0.5 and $1.1 payments from Blizzard. Yep, I was totally laundring money for a multi billion dollar company. Ok first time this happened, you could blame the automated system, sure, but if their employees had half a brain, they could have just taked a look at the transactions and cleared it up during the call, instead of making absurd requests the second and third and fourth time this happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post

Not just the right, but I think the obligation. I want to say that if they have reason to believe you're engaging in money laundering, each transaction they allow to go through afterwards involves them directly.

- - - Updated - - -

Well it was pretty funny in any case.. if you remember Diablo 3 RMAH, I had these tiny $0.5 and $1.1 payments from Blizzard. Yep, I was totally laundring money for a multi billion dollar company. Ok first time this happened, you could blame the automated system, sure, but if their employees had half they brain, they could have just taked a look at the transactions and cleared it up during the call, instead of making absurd requests the second and third and fourth time this happened.
    A lot of this is mandated by law. They don't necessarily have a choice.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama