holy trinket question

Hello!

I've recently picked up Holy and have gotten my hands on a Heroic Unstable Felshadow Emulsion trinket, and a 715 Winged Hourglass. I already have the Libram Class Trinket.. But should I be using the Hourglass or the Felshadow Emulsion? Which one comes out ahead for Paladins?

Use the libram and the hourglass. Unstable emulsion is not great for holy paladin.

Deleted
    Emulsion is a solid choice, even for holy paladins, as long as there are not too many emulsions in the raid, especially if your the single healer with an emulsion. Else hourglass.

Deleted
    I highly dislike UFE for holy paladin, the leech be fully transfered through your heals seeing as some of healing is absorbs, you also don't have any good aoe healing, which is where the leech trinket really comes in handy, when you can keep a small portion of leech on many people.

How is usually goes with holy paladins using UFE is:
    Your target is at 20% hp, you holy shock -> flash heal him, he's now at 100% with ~20% leech. Completly useless, as he is already 100% hp.

I think the common misconception that UFE is bad for Holy Paladins is slightly misdirected. I absolutely agree that it's better on a throughput healer, but that doesn't mean it's bad for Holy Paladins.

Leaving a fully healed raid member with leech is only bad if they aren't going to be taking damage for another 10 seconds. What little evidence we have suggests that UFE definitely isn't bad for Holy Paladins, but that's also a really small sample size. I've made my points about UFE here and here, so I don't necessarily want to argue them again.

Honestly, I think the trinket just hasn't been investigated enough to be sure that it's either good or bad. It's probably better than a 715 Winged Hourglass, but I don't think anyone is 100% sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamguard View Post
    I think the common misconception that UFE is bad for Holy Paladins is slightly misdirected. I absolutely agree that it's better on a throughput healer, but that doesn't mean it's bad for Holy Paladins.

Leaving a fully healed raid member with leech is only bad if they aren't going to be taking damage for another 10 seconds. What little evidence we have suggests that UFE definitely isn't bad for Holy Paladins, but that's also a really small sample size. I've made my points about UFE here and here, so I don't necessarily want to argue them again.

Honestly, I think the trinket just hasn't been investigated enough to be sure that it's either good or bad. It's probably better than a 715 Winged Hourglass, but I don't think anyone is 100% sure.
    The reason behind low amount of data is because you don't need to play with UFE a lot to realize it does around 50% of what it would've done a druid/monk or holy priest.

Both Gift, DP and even Iron Reaver Dps trinket are better options than this. You could argue it would be better than the spark from first boss.

Absolutely, DP and Gift are probably better, but the 234 Intellect from the 715 Winged Hourglass is only worth ~2700 HPS in full Heroic gear. The spirit is fairly equal between both, but the UFE would likely end up being more than 2700 HPS on any fights that have moderate raid damage.

I'm really not trying to say that UFE is good, just that it seems to get a really bad rap here on MMO-C. To the extent that people will say its worse than any BRF trinket.