Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    2 shootings, both nonfatal, within a 2 mile radius

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    happy zero, we are in europe

2 killed
    1 injured
    And if we go way back, you'll see a lot more, including a guy that hacked up his wife and put her in a garbage can.

And if you look at the city that is connected to mine (we are considered a suburb of the city),
    Last edited by shadowdasher; 2016-01-02 at 11:54 PM.

Three in murray Ky.

One suicide
    One gun safety accident "teenager shot died by man who had been rapping with gun and clicking hammer back and forth with music" They were best friends and both were about the same age.

Then there was a homicide.

Now this one was interesting and pretty damn sad. A man his wife and 2 kids were murdered by a family member who had gotten angry at his brother. He killed the 2 adults by shooting them and stabbed his brother multiple time afterwards. Strangled one kid and left a baby there when he decided to try to burn down the house.

Now back where I used to live in Saginaw Michigan the damn map looks like its Christmas. And to be honest I feel like I should be thankful to a police officer there who picked me up in the middle of the night and took me to a neighboring town when I was stuck outside at 1 am due to a car breakdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherfall View Post
    20 shootings within a 1 mile radius, but I live in a city that's had problems with police brutality among other things. Not terribly surprising.
    Interesting that you seem to pin the blame on the cops.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    An interesting interactive map. Plug in your address and see how many shootings occurred within a mile. Curious to see how others are affected.
    http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...gs_around.html

I'm in West Oakland which had 38 shooting over the past year, with 14 Fatalities.

Guessing we're below East Oakland and South Chicago.
    I think Detroit still has Oakland beat as well, South Chi and Detroit are winning the race downward.

Upon further delving into the meat of this page,

Ahh this is where everyone is quoting the "first time we can compare car deaths to guns" thing from, Lol, I would be VERY skeptical of a group that can't read information correctly in the studies they are putting forth or using for some/all of their info from OR draws false conclusions from the article. The car thing is so stupid it almost makes me wonder how they would put that up as a justification.
    Too cute.

Wow, that was a good laugh.
    Last edited by enragedgorilla; 2016-01-02 at 11:48 PM.

I remember 1 politician shot last year, and 2 terrorist bombings during my lifetime.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've lived at my place for 8 months and there have been 9 with 4 deaths. The closest was 2 blocks away in June!

Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    I remember 1 politician shot last year, and 2 terrorist bombings during my lifetime.
    Politicians don't count, they're not people.

Interesting that it (apparently) tracks Canada as well. 0 within 100 miles, and the nearest was 140 miles away (fwiw municipal area ~ 200K with a whole lot of hunters )

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    An interesting interactive map. Plug in your address and see how many shootings occurred within a mile. Curious to see how others are affected.
    http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...gs_around.html

I'm in West Oakland which had 38 shooting over the past year, with 14 Fatalities.

Guessing we're below East Oakland and South Chicago.

California, United States of America
    There have been 2 shootings within a 1-mile radius of this point in the past year, 2 fatal and 0 non-fatal. The closest shooting was 0.54 miles away.

So looking at the data, it's wrong. I know for a fact that in January 2015 there was a fatal shooting in front of my current apartment complex. Yet they did not list that shooting.
    Last edited by Gothicshark; 2016-01-02 at 11:50 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    At least three that I'm aware of (without using that website). Two of them were in episodes of "The First 48".
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    "There have been 0 shootings within a 100-mile radius of this point in the past year, 0 fatal and 0 non-fatal. The closest shooting was 3337.82 miles away."
    But there have been like 4 murders in like 20 years which are apparently really really high if you look back the latest 100 years.

0 from the place I lived in Tampa, which is odd since the place I lived turned into a shithole and we saw drug deals going down
    1 within a mile of where I lived in South Florida
    2 within 20 miles of where I'm currently living in Vermont.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowdasher View Post
    Politicians don't count, they're not people.
    The next day someone wrote "here died a bug".
    She wasn't very liked idd.

Deleted
    Not sure, but around 80 times there was a gun fired in the region here.

7+ Year Old Account
    11 people.

Within a mile zero. Had to go pretty far out to get any and it was non-fatal.

Rumor has it that a guy nearby once had his bike stolen!

Yeah, i dont live in the united states of murder.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    0, and I don't need an interactive map to tell me that, since I don't live in a country where they arm everyone and everything because 'GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE DO!'. Yeah right...
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Zero, although the site tried to claim 1 did. They got the coordinates wrong by about 2 miles so I filed a form to let them know