Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Here's why I liked Wrath end game. At launch you had some pretty good daily hubs, three raids (two of them being one boss raids and Naxx being multiple wings), Wintergrasp which was a fun thing to jump into to try and get into another optional winged raid for the week regardless of if you liked PvP or not, plenty of heroics to run (as easy as they were). By the end of the expansion they had added four raids, three more heroics, a pretty extensive daily area that could keep you occupied for months getting all the things from it, plus all sorts of other random things to do that mostly included achievements (since they were new in Wrath.) I genuinlly felt I had more to do in Wrath then I do currently in WoD. Barely any daily content, heroics provide nothing besides Valor, none of the raids are worth doing except Hellfire and most of the world content can be done in a few months not to mention that the world content isn't even interesting enough to keep me coming back. I end up just logging into to do my garrison and that's it.

This game have no endgame content outside of raids since ... the beginning?
    I love quests AND i'll love long and epic class quest chains, with timed events, with chances to improve results, different every time and etc.
    But, hey, we all know about the lazy millionaires in blizzard - it's so much effort for them - judging by pathetic quests for legendary's.
    Every year, every patch, every reused and recolored content - it's a PROVE how lazy and out of fresh ideas they are.

Wrath of the Lich King did the end game pretty well. The Argent Tournament is still a pretty good place. There's a good amount of dailies and lots of different rewards for the grinds. You can grind for titles, for mounts, achievements, quality of life items, heirlooms... There are both long term and short term goals. Wintergrasp remained relevant throughout the entire expansion for a lot of players thanks to the Vaults of Archavon. There were a few raids and dungeons worth doing over and over for random mount drops. They also added a quick raid instance at the end to give a little more to do before the next expansion. I think the 10 and 25m raid instances being separate lockouts was also a good way of adding something else to do for those who wanted more.

I'm just gonna take a wild guess that a lot of people didn't read the red, bolded "WORLD CONTENT" part in the poll description.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I started in Wotlk and what I loved about it was how the whole end-game was engineered toward dungeons (then raid, if that's your thing). The world content was great, although I never really participated in it. I really started to enjoy world content in Pandaria, with the world bosses and the rares.

I feel like I just hopped in a time machine with all those blue tweets. Hopefully Muffinus doesn't get spammed like Ghostcrawler now lol. It's just a personal account after all

Did no one read the exchange on twitter between a player and a deveoloper? Serious wall of text that I only read 1/5 of, unfortunately. I'll read the rest later though.

And I feel like this is one of the artifacts that makes people complain about the bland choice in variants for others, rightly so it seems.

Hehe, the results for the Poll are hilarious. Players truly don't know what they want.

Having played all of the expansions beside Cata, I find that WoD has the most endgame content but it might be the fact that I have 8 lev100's now instead of 2-3. I never seem to have enough time to do everything I want including grinding out the Trashran nemesis achives or solo content for 1% mounts that I couldn't do whilst in MoP. All other expansions had content yes, but once you were done with them you were left with your hand on your dick fapping all day because you finished everything 'end gameworld content'.

If we're talking strictly about world content, Mists of Pandaria.

I loved Wrath's endgame. It had some good daily quest hubs, and I actually liked the Tournament, but much of what I loved about Wrath was in the raids and dungeons, which don't count for this. Mists of Pandaria had some great daily areas, and I loved the Isle of Thunder. The Timeless Isle was less enjoyable, and has gotten worse over time imo, but not so much as to bring it down. Dominance Offensive was decent, but got old fast (and I didn't like the whole "we're invaders, we're trying to fix our mistakes, but we still have time to kill each other" idiocy, but then I never really did expect anything else from Garrosh or Wrynn.)

-Burning Crusade comes in with a close second, for initiating daily quests in the first place and for the Sunwell Offensive.
    -Strictly for world content, Wrath would be next.
    -Cataclysm's content wasn't terrible, but wasn't extensive enough... and the last patch added nothing, so it was just the molten front. I did enjoy the molten front, but the first and last patches were very dull from a world content standpoint.
    -Draenor's world content was complete and utter garbage until 6.2, and 6.2 only somewhat improves the situation. The new apexis daily mechanic was horrid, and it isn't much better in Tanan. Reputations were atrocious, having no source outside of a mindless grind prior to 6.2, and you couldn't even do the grind in dungeons.

Personal prefernece: I like daily quest hubs. Actual daily hubs; Isle of Quel'Danis, Isle of Thunder, Molten Front, Argent Tournament, Netherwing Isle are all great examples. The apexis dailies take too many potential tasks and combine them into one giant task, and do so in a way that makes them feel interminable ("Hey, I just killed a large group of five mobs! I got.... 5% completion. Just 95 more to go...") Story progression is nice, but not absolutely necessary as long as there's a clear purpose (or to phrase it another way, Story is essential, Progression is nice but not required).

The new world quest system for Legion may or may not work; it depends on how it's implemented, and in large part for me it will depend on whether it's a multi-step process or not. Half of what I hate about the Apexis dailies is that it's just one giant bar, and if you get interrupted halfway through you get nothing (whereas getting interrupted halfway through, for instance, the Isle of Thunder, meant you got half the rewards for completing some but not all of the quests.) I also hope they do reps in a better way; they moved away from mindless grinds in TBC, why they thought we needed to go back to a Vanilla model of rep is beyond me.

Deleted
    Wrath is winning the poll? are you all mental??

Wrath had no endgame world content besides dailies, and I sure as hell remember people doing nothing but moan about them back then. During TBC, I loved Quel'danas but Wrath killed off dailies for me. There wasn't any decent end-game world content during Cataclysm that I recall, which either means it didn't exist or I didn't give a shit - don't remember which.

Pandaria had the worst dailies system ever devised by blizzard until they introduced the timeless isle, which was the first endgame world content I enjoyed since Quel'danas. Legion gets a lot of stick, but tanaan is alright, as is treasure hunting over all of draenor, plus garrison quests - I'd say it actually has the best endgame world content to date.

But it's not what the cool kids are saying these days, right?

I've voted WotLK because we were really out there in the wild. I don't remember people standing all day in Dalaran, like we do nowadays in the garrisons. In MoP... well, MoP was actually good relating world content, but it was very repetitive: too many rares, and later, they added timeless and all people went there all day. I prefer WotLK because there were hard things to do, like catching that Time Lost Protodrake, or the rare Spirit Beasts, or doing the Tournament Dailies. Definitely my favourite.

Plus, WotLK had dragons. That was just enough for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvdizzle View Post
    I'm just gonna take a wild guess that a lot of people didn't read the red, bolded "WORLD CONTENT" part in the poll description.
    Ofc not,they just grabbed the free chance to start the wrath nostalgia again.

I'm genuinely surprised to see WoTLK endgame world content at the first place. I loved the expansion, yes, I loved the raids, I loved the dungeons both normal and heroics and I loved the questing... But none of these are endgame world content. WoTLK had only dailies, and boring at that in the beginning, slightly better when the argent crusade came. But all of that felt to me like filler content not really worth my time and because of this I halted my subscription shortly after we cleared the ICC10HC and did most of the achievements that we could do with our small guild. The endgame world content wasn't too bad only because other content was so good and I had a guild to do it with.

I wouldn't mind at all if that was the case in legion, but it will be harder to pull off, since the game looks better and better every expansion it takes longer to actually create vast amounts of content like WoTLK had (not to mention the new questing formula, which is nicer and smoother but takes more time to create too). We will have to end up with something like Tanaan again because it's more engaging than simple dailies in WoTLK.

TL;DR: WTF people, WoTLK had almost no endgame world content to speak of! Still loved it though...

You can love the raids, but outside of the Argent Tournament what was the "Endgame WORLD CONTENT"? Besides the tournament there wasn't any to my knownledge. And if you really liked the Argent Tournament are you saying you want more dailies?

10+ Year Old Account
    For what the question asked, definitely MoP Timeless Isle on a busy pvp server. It was truly awesome the blood coining ffa system was some of the most fun I have ever had. The isle itself had a great mix of players of different skill and gear as there was something for pretty much everyone there. I loved the shrines and different buffs, the rep grinds the item grinds, world boss, the rare system and just the overall layout and design of Timeless Isle has been head and shoulders above the rest.

Apart from Timeless Isle I would say the last patch of TBC with the silvermoon island. Was a lot of fun having everyone working towards a goal and seeing the server wide progression of the island as the server acted to complete the phases. Was a lot of fun too for the time.

I voted for MoP, with the following caveat.

5.0, 5.1 and 5.2 was my favourite stretch of endgame out of any expansion. 5.3 and 5.4 was my least favourite, matched by 6.0.

I was kind of hoping the poll would be split into more specific measurements, since MoP in particular had a 180 degree turn on end game halfway through, so just saying "Mists was my favourite" is ambiguous and confusing.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wintergrasp was amazing. Loved it. +1.

Endgame content keeps getting better. I have no idea why Wotlk is so high up, since it basically had nothing to offer people that were raiding. You could farm even more heroic dungeons for ICC gear, but after that you had nothing. The timeless isle and tanaan are very good zones for "catch up" mechanics and more social world content, and the garrisons still provide a lot of gold and useful items and resources, so they are definitely getting better at end game content.