Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    depends on how you look at it. with old dailies I was actualy playing and completing them As I was playing through the world at my own pace. new dailies? log in/ log out for actual rewards and zerg the meta out of the way of your actual desired locations is not something that I would consider to be a good design. personally. - this is my biggest problem with new dailies. that instead of say "participating in 5 ongoing events ANYWHERE" you have to participate in 5 on going events in one specific zone, so you end up frantically trying to catch something happening and get at least a hit in so that it counts towards completion. and so on. and so forth. instead of spreading people across the world, it concentrates them in a single location, and when that location is low level zone? lowbies are screwed. while when that location is in high level zone? you still get to deal with the zerg and lowbies are screwed yet again, because they cannot go to that zone yet. so not only I'm not having fun becasue I'm most often not in a zone I want to be in, but half the time I'm not on a character that I actualy want to be playing. which is why I gave up after a week of that.

I guess its ok if you pvp. which I don't. but even then, half the time its going to require you to pvp on a specific class, so there goes that "playing the character you want to play" deal

I tried new meta. gave up on it after about a week. so now i just log in, log out and play other stuff. I may go back eventually and play through the new story (don't have expac yet) but I'm more casual than most players in that I didn't even attempt to grind any legendaries and I'm content with exotic gear as when I do play, I'm usually just meandering around the world doing whatever I feel like as I come across it - and exotic gear is more than enough for that.
    This sums up 100% how I feel about the change in the dailies, I couldn't have said it better.

Regarding the changes they just announced, I will log in at some stage this week to check them out since I haven't played for a while and not everything in the notes makes sense.

Actually, unless I am reading it wrong, on paper they seem exactly the same shit. Go to this one specific map to do this one specific activity along with every single other player online. I am talking open world ones btw.
    Last edited by Fkiolaris; 2016-04-19 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pourekos View Post
    This sums up 100% how I feel about the change in the dailies, I couldn't have said it better.

Regarding the changes they just announced, I will log in at some stage this week to check them out since I haven't played for a while and not everything in the notes makes sense.

Actually, unless I am reading it wrong, on paper they seem exactly the same shit. Go to this one specific map to do this one specific activity along with every single other player online. I am talking open world ones btw.
    seems like it - unless you have expansion, seems like there are more options there. oh. and you get more gold now, but the core issues with dailies - STILL remain, IMO I also forgot to mention that it used to be that you had a choice of like 8-10 different open world pve activities to chose from (thatwere NOT bound to specific zone) in addition to pvp etc stuff, so I would always vary it up a bit, but now, you have a requirement of 3 to get meta and you only get 4 to chose from.

I got 7 pieces of Triumphant gear over the ANZAC weekend, does that count as 'still playing GW2'
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

It's not fair. I bought this game for 60$. Now this content is free and i have to buy another expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by grekhek View Post
    It's not fair. I bought this game for 60$. Now this content is free and i have to buy another expansion.
    Didn't you get to play the game for 3 years before those who get it for free?

I stopped playing some time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by grekhek View Post
    This is silly. You don't HAVE to give them money for HoT.

Besides, pre-HoT GW2 was worth every bit of $60, imo. I'm not butthurt one bit over it being free now. No different than games going on sale on Steam for next to nothing after a couple years.

Nope.

Logged in a few months ago, and saw too many things I had just missed out on and lost all motivation.
    Will give it another whirl when I update my computer, since GW2 has the most beautiful settings and art style I've ever seen in an mmorpg.

Stood in the Fire Grand Phoenix's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played it in months, not since it went F2P at least, but I've had the itch to get back into it for a while now. Start over again on my Charr Engineer (I'm missing him quite a bit) and take my time this go-around, see what I can build into, work on crafting disciplines. I'm still relatively "new" to the game, so to say, so I'll probably play around with skills and specializations again or do some research. Can't say I'm missing much in between the F2P launch and the expansion, I think.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Is there any way that we can see how many players are currently online/playing? It would be cool.

Deleted
    Played for like a week in March like crazy but none of my friends joined me so that ended there. Just felt lonely a bit, saw some people but no one really talks to you during leveling. Felt just as lonely as WoW when my friends aren’t on. I do feel like it’s a tougher game, especially for leveling...the rest haven’t tested.

*Fudge, I had Shadow of the Colossus OST in background, made me feel even lonelier typing that message*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    Is there any way that we can see how many players are currently online/playing? It would be cool.
    WoW doesn’t even have that, they would rather hide those numbers when it’s not worth mentioning. Blizzard stopped reporting sub counts so people don’t notice game is in decline! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Alphalitz View Post
    WoW doesn’t even have that, they would rather hide those numbers when it’s not worth mentioning. Blizzard stopped reporting sub counts so people don’t notice game is in decline! LOL!
    Oh noes! A game that's ~12 years old is "in decline", every MMO out there would still kill to have even 15% of WoWs CURRENT subscriber base. BTW, that's not a fanboy comment, I lost interest in WoW at the end of cataclysm.

@Thread, this is disheartening. I'm really looking for some game to be able to set it's hooks like WoW once did, I just can't find one that seems to really be able to do that for me and I thought coming back to GW2 with "tanks" and "healers" and "dps", albeit loosely implemented(?) would be something to try. I tried FF XIV but the combat system is just way to clunky for me to get into. The sad part, it seems like the majority/all of the people in here looks at GW2 like I felt. "Call of Duty" game log-in, do something for 10 minutes and log-off. :-(

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    haven't played much after HoT's launch. It split the community really badly. Game has been hemorrhaging hard recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    haven't played much after HoT's launch. It split the community really badly. Game has been hemorrhaging hard recently.
    Split the community, how? The only real thing I can think is because people who didn't buy the expansion couldn't do the new content? That's common-sense. Shit, if I was going to give GW2 another try, I'd buy the expansion just to get the max level boost. ha.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    this is disheartening. I'm really looking for some game to be able to set it's hooks like WoW once did
    Don't. As Jazz Boatman said, "It's never as special as the first time."

There won't be any game that can replace it exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Split the community, how?
    A lot of folks, myself included, really didn't like the design direction of the expansion at all. I'm still struggling to bring myself to work through the story content introduced on my first character, much less any of my alts.

Anet has been making some improvements recently, the latest patch made a ton of QoL changes to bring HoT zones a bit more in-line with the design of the old world zones (in terms of difficulty etc.) which has been nice. So hopefully they can keep improving.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Don't. As Jazz Boatman said, "It's never as special as the first time."

There won't be any game that can replace it exactly.

A lot of folks, myself included, really didn't like the design direction of the expansion at all. I'm still struggling to bring myself to work through the story content introduced on my first character, much less any of my alts.

Anet has been making some improvements recently, the latest patch made a ton of QoL changes to bring HoT zones a bit more in-line with the design of the old world zones (in terms of difficulty etc.) which has been nice. So hopefully they can keep improving.
    Well, when I say "hooks" I mean able to hold my attention. heh My entire MMO career is basically UO since launch, until WoW beta and then WoW until Dragon Soul came out. Literally unsubbed that first night of raiding, and Rift to 50 (when that was cap, which I unsubbed because of resist grinding to even enter raids as a tank ha) but since that... nothing has really kept me. Like you said though, for being free, it is kinda whatever.

Yeah, wow still has its hooks in me. One of the main reasons I haven't stopped playing the game is because I haven't found something I like better.

SWTOR: Decent, but felt meh at end game
    Wildstar: Looked promising, loved it, but bad decisions by Carbine led me to stop playing
    GW2: Still haven't found a reason why I need to be level 80 rather than just to be level 80. End game content was alright, but lack of trinity feels like my role doesn't matter. Expansion did nothing to help this.
    Final Fantasy: Gameplay was too slow for me. It's a very well put together game, but just couldn't hold my interest. Maybe if I had friends that played it I'd still be subbed.
    Everquest Next: Canceled :C
    Destiny: Worse content problems than WoW currently has.
    The Division: Good game but finished it up fairly quickly.
    Rift: Fun game, lots of customization, but the pay to win mentality ruins it for me
    Tera: Fun game, end game was pants.

Nothing has been able to come close to matching what I want in an MMO except for Guild Wars 1. It's a shitty world out there.

I log in to GW2 pretty much every day, but most days I just do the three fastest dailies, grab the nodes in my home instance, then log out again. I'm having trouble finding inspiration to play the game, probably largely because I still haven't found a true "main" profession.

I've never leveled a character past the mid-30s or so before just... not logging in for a long time. Then I come back and feel like I have to restart from scratch because I don't remember how to play the character.

Lately I've had the urge to play, but when I log in I just stare at the character selection screen for a bit, and then log out.

I don't hate the game, but it just doesn't really have a hook. And honestly I dislike a lot of what I'm guessing were supposed to be "Quality of Life" type changes, like unlocking weapon skill slots at certain levels instead of from using the weapon, or the Personal Story not starting until level 10.

No I do not.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV