Servers with decent populations? (NA)

I'm currently on server: Midgardsormr, but the server itself is feeling....dead. Not many people actively hunt, I need to wait until 4 PM est to even see Crystal farm groups start popping in LFP (Started my own, but they never get past 3 people). My FC was friendly and active from May to October, but in November my leader, several officers and some core members transferred to Gilgamesh to do "hardcore raiding". Thus the FC barely has more than 3 members on at a time.

I don't want crazy high pops, like Gilgamesh, but I don't want dead or low pop servers. Anyone know of any decent servers?

I can only speak for Balmung, unfortunately - and that is very similar to Gilgamesh in terms of having a very high population. On the other hand it's also the unofficial role-playing server so the community is generally more pleasant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I like Leviathan.

According to XIVsoul.com it has a higher pop than Gilgamesh by eight thousand people, but most of Levi is oceanic. There's still a pretty healthy population during the day (for those playing in American time zones), but the population really boosts from evening-late evening all the way until early morning.

Again though, the population during the day doesn't leave you with doing nothing. You can almost always find a FATE group, depending on the zone, it's just the BULK of the population is on at night.

I went from Goblin to Balmung a month after Heavensward launch and don't regret it one bit. Honestly don't see any advantage to a low pop server in this game. Perhaps for making gil if you farm up/craft your own stuff to sell?

I play on Faerie, its pretty active without being overpopulated. Its slow in the morning as far as PF groups go (and by morning I mean 8-12 Eastern Time), but in the evenings you'll routinely see 10-15+ parties in PF for everything from Hunts to Pony Farms to FATEs to Raids. My guild at least is also fairly active, with (usually) at least a few people on at any given time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspawn115 View Post
    I play on Faerie, its pretty active without being overpopulated. Its slow in the morning as far as PF groups go (and by morning I mean 8-12 Eastern Time), but in the evenings you'll routinely see 10-15+ parties in PF for everything from Hunts to Pony Farms to FATEs to Raids. My guild at least is also fairly active, with (usually) at least a few people on at any given time.
    This is entirely correct as I play on the same server. My guild is an early evening guild (PST) while I usually get on anywhere between 2am-8am (EST) to do stuff randomly. Duty Finder is my friend. Speaking of which, wish you could add friends from Duty Finder, as I would have a considerable amount of people on my list if you could. Cross server group finder will be another good friends if they ever get around to adding that in. I've no need to move servers and I play on the top servers in two other MMOs (TERA and now Blade and Soul) so I always have something to do.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Hyperion is another one with a decent population. I've been on the server since 2012, and I generally like the people there. There have been a few instances where I've met some--I'll say mean-spirited--people, but other than that, I've been keeping to myself more in ARR. Not like solo, and I do try to meet others, but I don't make a huge effort. I just like how friendly the people are.

I'm considering playing. I made a character on Leviathan with a 14 day trial account. Will I get to keep it if I decide to subscribe?

Quote Originally Posted by evogsr View Post
    I'm considering playing. I made a character on Leviathan with a 14 day trial account. Will I get to keep it if I decide to subscribe?
    Yes. I believe you have to purchase the game, which will give you a key. Apply the key to your current trial account, and that will convert it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep! Personally I've always liked Leviathan. Communities never really seemed to be god awful, it's usually busy for FATES depending on the time and zone, economy can be nuts at times in both the good and bad ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am on goblin atm because that's what I started when I first played ARR. I think it is dead now? I just got my brother to upgrade his account and we're going to re-level again since we haven't played in like 2 years. If it gets too bad I was wondering also what is a better populated server.

I usually close at work so I get home around 10:30 PM pacific time

Yes, you keep it. I did the trial and decided to purchase the game afterwards, everything you did remains.

Oh, and I chose the 1-character sub, so I wouldn't be able to say about more than 1 character. Though maybe the trial only allows for 1 character anyway, can't remember.