Lack of Garrison Resources

Hey guys I recently stumbled onto the guides for optimizing the garrison followers and shipyards and I figured with not to much to do that it would be a bit of fun. I just seem to keep running out of garrison resources to keep re-rolling the ability's on some of my followers. Is there any tips or tricks I might be missing to get more garrison resources?

I'm running about 8 alts and they all have the inn/trading post level 3 I don't really want to run trading post/lumber mill as that would remove my treasure hunter missions. I'm already doing the garrison resource missions when they come up. I always try do the missions that grant the free ability re-rolls. Outside of just picking up the +100 resource treasures is there any other way to get more garrison resources that I might be missing?

Can you do the Trading Post work orders? Herbs/ore/dust => resources depending on what you have most of.

Get the herb glove (faster herbing) from Nagrand, gather lots of herbs, as soon as a herb is the work order, fill up with those. Won't give you instant, but will help keep them flowing.

I already have a huge stockpile of herbs and ore with a store house on some characters so when those show up I just max out the work orders and that can get me through some thin times. Lately though its been a lot of dust/fish/leather. luckily I have a max level fisher too.

Kill the rarespawns behind Highmaul and the dark portal in Tanaan for ~1k resources per day + pets and toys

Thanks! I didn't know about those guys. Are there usually group for them or are they easy to solo?

Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    Thanks! I didn't know about those guys. Are there usually group for them or are they easy to solo?
    They ARE soloable by certain classes, but they take forever to kill. There are almost constantly groups to be found in the group finder, however, so it should rarely be an issue.
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    Hey guys I recently stumbled onto the guides for optimizing the garrison followers and shipyards and I figured with not to much to do that it would be a bit of fun. I just seem to keep running out of garrison resources to keep re-rolling the ability's on some of my followers. Is there any tips or tricks I might be missing to get more garrison resources?

I'm running about 8 alts and they all have the inn/trading post level 3 I don't really want to run trading post/lumber mill as that would remove my treasure hunter missions. I'm already doing the garrison resource missions when they come up. I always try do the missions that grant the free ability re-rolls. Outside of just picking up the +100 resource treasures is there any other way to get more garrison resources that I might be missing?
    You're spending resources to reroll followers so that you can get the garrisons in quick order to the mission gold farming.

However, you can take it slower too via just picking new followers once a week in the inn too and leveling them up in missions.

Alternatively, you can reinvest gold made on your account(so many alternative methods outside of garrisons to easily do this) to buy huge ogre caches as well.

While rare farming lumbermill trading post etc give you resources the time or material values can come out pretty similar to attain the same result.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinesun View Post
    You're spending resources to reroll followers so that you can get the garrisons in quick order to the mission gold farming.

However, you can take it slower too via just picking new followers once a week in the inn too and leveling them up in missions.

Alternatively, you can reinvest gold made on your account(so many alternative methods outside of garrisons to easily do this) to buy huge ogre caches as well.

While rare farming lumbermill trading post etc give you resources the time or material values can come out pretty similar to attain the same result.
    On some of my less advanced alts I'm doing just that. I'm starting with getting my 4 scavenger followers to be the right class which was a lot more difficult that I originally though. Because if I pick the trait I want I can be left hanging on a follower that might not be able to roll the abilities I want. With the guide I'm using the hardest follower I'm trying to get is a Brewmaster Monk with scavenger. They are literally the only follower that can roll Group Damage, Massive Strike counters.

The other thing I'm running into is trying to find enough follower upgrade tokens to get their ilevels to 755. It looks like they severely nerfed the amount of tokens you get out of the scavenger boxes and my bunker is trolling me lately and just spitting out the 630 and 615 sets which wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for Trader Araanda and me being able to buy 645 armor sets from her :/