old rogue but new to sub: a question

Finally decided to join the big boys and specced into sub today.

After some practice on the dummies and lfr, I have two quick questions. Apologies in advance if they've been covered, but I looked here and else where and not getting any real clear answers.

1. I've noticed that ambush seems to be hitting harder than evisc for me, so i'm tempted to just spam ambush when i'm in Shadowdance and combo point capping be damned. otoh, there is the energy refund to consider, not to mention how evisc. advances by vanish cd, so i'm pretty sure using evisc. when appropriate is the way to go (assuming s&d and rupture are in a good place). Looked on other forums but there's just the usual garbage out there, so i thought i'd hit up the experts.

2. When i ran my newly specced sub rogue through Shadowcraft, i was kinda surprised to see these stats weights:

Multistrike 0.783
    Crit 0.628
    Versatility 0.617
    Mastery 0.594
    Haste 0.565

I realize that a) ShC is imperfect and that B) stat weights are highly dynamic, but i've never seen crit rated so high for sub on anything i've ever read (i.e. Icyveins.) So is this just one of those things, or am i doing something horribly wrong?

As always, thanks for any and all hope.

Deleted
    1. You gave the reasons yourself
    2. I assume (not 100% sure, just using my own logic here) that is because a lot of our dmg now comes from ambushes due to class trinket & set bonus. So mastery takes a step back over crit and versa, which is just a flat dmg increase on everything as opposed to mastery only affecting finishers

Quote Originally Posted by Blayke View Post
    Finally decided to join the big boys and specced into sub today.

After some practice on the dummies and lfr, I have two quick questions. Apologies in advance if they've been covered, but I looked here and else where and not getting any real clear answers.

1. I've noticed that ambush seems to be hitting harder than evisc for me, so i'm tempted to just spam ambush when i'm in Shadowdance and combo point capping be damned. otoh, there is the energy refund to consider, not to mention how evisc. advances by vanish cd, so i'm pretty sure using evisc. when appropriate is the way to go (assuming s&d and rupture are in a good place). Looked on other forums but there's just the usual garbage out there, so i thought i'd hit up the experts.

2. When i ran my newly specced sub rogue through Shadowcraft, i was kinda surprised to see these stats weights:

Multistrike 0.783
    Crit 0.628
    Versatility 0.617
    Mastery 0.594
    Haste 0.565

I realize that a) ShC is imperfect and that B) stat weights are highly dynamic, but i've never seen crit rated so high for sub on anything i've ever read (i.e. Icyveins.) So is this just one of those things, or am i doing something horribly wrong?

As always, thanks for any and all hope.
    I am going to reference another thread that I put a ton of information regarding the open and how Ambush vs Eviscerate works.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ety-rogue-help

for the TLDR quick response to your question.

Once you have the appropriate gear using eviscerates in exchange for ambush casts will lower your dps. The age old "capping CP is a dps loss" just doesnt apply anymore. The goal for every single shadowdance is to use the maximum number of ambush casts possible while filling in other finishers that do not inhibit your ambush usages.

I want to clarify this because I think people have a hard time understanding what I am saying. I am not saying when you are in dance you should just spam Ambush and wait for Dance to end I am saying you should have an understanding of how many ambush casts you are going to get into a specific dance window and then use your finishers which cost 10(evisc) 0(Snd) 0 (rupture) energy to fill the waiting gaps that you will have in said window WITHOUT costing yourself an ambush global.

It is impossible to go over every single one of the iterations of this considering that are so many of them it is just something that comes with experience of playing the spec.

As far as stat weights go as you get better and better gear the spike in DPS due to stacking Pot/Lust/2set/Ring/Soul Cap with the multiplicative bonus of Class trinket Ambush ends up being a massive amount of your dps and thus the value of Mastery drops. Its still not a terrible stat but crit/vers will overtake it.

Jada

Thanks for the quick replies. They were very helpful.

Thanks alot this was very helpful