Thread: Clawing Shadows

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Clawing Shadows

Has anyone tried this on Alpha? I have not been able to find any videos of anyone trying it. Opinions? I personally think it could be cool, reminds me of the old horde deathknights.

It's interesting to play but your pets don't put up wounds fast enough currently so I imagine it's far more effective to just FS.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrus View Post
    It's interesting to play but your pets don't put up wounds fast enough currently so I imagine it's far more effective to just FS.
    Huh? Clawing shadows is the 30 yard range pure shadow damage replacement for scourge strike. It might be on the same row as Infected Claws, but it isn't Festering Wounds from pet Claws

Probably the most interesting UH talent ever but it's a PvP talent from what I can make of it. No point giving up Auto Attack damage in PvE so you can feel like a Gen 1 DK. Hopefully they might add more talents which make ranged Unholy an actual thing for PvE.

It's a pretty cool talent, but it will mostly be used for PvP unless it actually deals more damage than SS considering that it's 100% shadow damage. I would love to see a talent that morphs all our melee abilities into ranged abilities and also gives us some extra damage to make up for the lost auto-attack damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    It's a pretty cool talent, but it will mostly be used for PvP unless it actually deals more damage than SS considering that it's 100% shadow damage. I would love to see a talent that morphs all our melee abilities into ranged abilities and also gives us some extra damage to make up for the lost auto-attack damage.
    If they did that I would have zero problem playing unholy all expansion..

That's one way of looking at it. Another is that you won't lose out on as much dps when you're forced to go to ranged at various points in encounters.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the actualy heck? Why would you lose auto attack damage? Because you switch targets? You worry about losing an auto attack damage yet you are not aware of mouseovertargeting/focustargeting etc for such spells? Why do you even try to max your damage, you don't even know the game ahaha Clawing shadows can be cast on any target without needing to switch to them, thanks to those macros. I wouldn't be suprised If you don't use focus/soulreaper at live, yet talk ages about how x talent is stronger than y and sould be taken. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by nathrizarri View Post
    What the actualy heck? Why would you lose auto attack damage? Because you switch targets? You worry about losing an auto attack damage yet you are not aware of mouseovertargeting/focustargeting etc for such spells? Why do you even try to max your damage, you don't even know the game ahaha Clawing shadows can be cast on any target without needing to switch to them, thanks to those macros. I wouldn't be suprised If you don't use focus/soulreaper at live, yet talk ages about how x talent is stronger than y and sould be taken. Pathetic.
    Well my friend, let me clarify as it seems you have misunderstood

You see, when a Death Knight is far away from his target, he is unable to perform auto-attacks. Hopefully your brain is able to comprehend this simple sentence!

Well my friend, let me clarify as it seems you have misunderstood

You see, when a Death Knight is far away from his target, he is unable to perform auto-attacks. Hopefully your brain is able to comprehend this simple sentence!
    No need to go there with the brain thing but I think Nath was referring to if you were in AA range of one target and mouse over casting at a bother target outside of me lee range. I might be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxz19 View Post
    No need to go there with the brain thing but I think Nath was referring to if you were in AA range of one target and mouse over casting at a bother target outside of me lee range. I might be wrong.
    The post looked like a pathetic troll attempt to me tbh. I mentioned absolutely nothing regarding switching targets so I have no idea where he got that from. I was simply talking about a talent that would give us a ranged set of abilities instead of replacing SS with CS, which would turn us into ranged (the necromancer dream). All I said regarding auto-attack was that'd we get something like higher damage on our new ranged spells to make up for being in ranged and not being able to auto-attack.

Now let's stop going off-topic because of one post

Deleted
    Can people stop being so.. uhm hostile?

I haven't got alpha but I think it would be great for PvP because yes sure, we want to be in melee to get autoattacks off but this combined with death coils, dots with outbreak with also is 30 yard range. It will be fun to finish off people who try to escape when they learn we are still potent after their measly disengage attempt

Still want to be in melee as often as possible to stack necrotic strikes and so on

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention APOCALYPSE! is a 40 yard attack that applies 3(?) festering wounds, then follow up with outbreak and spam clawing shadows for a very nice initiater or execute on running target. But anything can change in alpha/beta.

Quote Originally Posted by nathrizarri View Post
    No need to be so passive aggressive when you're the one who's reading too much into stuff.
    It can be used on any target yes, which means a target out of melee range as well (even when there's nothing in melee range of you).

Depending on how fast the ghoul can generate FW stacks, clawing shadow will definitely be the best choice for pvp at least.

Why are people talking about auto-attacks? it's completely irrelevant and only functions with 1 new talent and sudden doom passive.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Why are people talking about auto-attacks? it's completely irrelevant and only functions with 1 new talent and sudden doom passive.
    Auto attacks are a good amount of your damage, so losing it (as well as SD) would be a hard hit to take

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Auto attacks are a good amount of your damage, so losing it (as well as SD) would be a hard hit to take
    I think the point he's making is you're not losing auto-attacks. Why do people think they are?

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    I think the point he's making is you're not losing auto-attacks. Why do people think they are?
    With Clawing Shadows being ranged, some of the people here are taking about a possible ranged UH build. It would be a niche, but very cool, spec. However, it is not likely to happen (see also Shuriken Toss).

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    You can take this talent as well as a few others and essentially be ranged Unholy. It's blaitantly obvious that's what we were talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    You can take this talent as well as a few others and essentially be ranged Unholy. It's blaitantly obvious that's what we were talking about.
    No, one person said it would be cool if they added more talents to make unholy a ranged build. And you, and others, took that to mean clawing shadows means death knights will stand at range, do no auto-attack damage and suck. No one made the claim this talent makes unholy a ranged spec. But in typical online forum fashion other posters took what was said, extrapolated it to the nth degree, made a thousand assumptions and started a debate that didn't exist.