New Sub Rogue Player Seeking Guidance

Hi everyone. First thank you for taking a look at my thread. I am making this thread to hopefully get some feedback on my playstyle.

I have been raiding in wow for about 6 weeks now. I've been on my Rogue for almost 2 weeks, but I played a muta rogue at the start of wod for pvp in season 1. I switched from only muta to sub/combat a week ago and I'm never going back.

For starters here is my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%A1s/advanced

I have done a lot of research on guides both written and video as well as just what feels right to determine stat priority. My current mindset on what I should be going is below.

Agi > Multi > Crit = Mast > Haste > Vers

I feel like keeping crit and mast at a 50/50 is good, so please tell me if I'm wrong!

I don't have any logs to show because I never remember to /combatlog but I'll try to get one from this iskar fight I'm about to do.

I'm asking for help for specifically sub. Don't care too much about combat as it seems pretty faceroll. Below are macros that I will explain why/when I use and my rotation.

BIG BURST MACRO
    #showtooltip
    /cast Shadow Reflection
    /cast Shadow Dance
    /cast Vanish
    /use Draenic Agility Potion

BURST MACRO
    #showtooltip
    /cast Shadow Dance
    /cast Vanish

PULL MACRO
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=60 Ambush, Rupture, Ambush, Ambush, Preparation, Eviscerate, Ambush, Ambush, Slice and Dice, Vanish, Ambush, Rupture, Ambush, Ambush

@12sec dbm predmeditate
    @2sec dbm slice n dice
    @1sec dbm pre pot
    @pull BIG BURST MACRO
    @pull PULL MACRO

After that I basically keep slice n dice and rupture up 24/7. I make sure to pool energy and have as little combo points before my next burst, which I know happens every 1 minute. During my burst windows I never use Eviscerate more then once and that is only if SND and Rupture do not need to be refreshed during the duration.

From what I've seen and I'm probably wrong, is that during burst, if you do not need to refresh anything, it is better to just spam ambush and overcap on combo points because at that point energy and combo points aren't your main concern, it's the time left on shadow dance and ambush does significantly more damage then eviscerate. This goes against what I've seen most everyone saying to do so please explain if I'm wrong, once again!

The current upgrades I'm going for is Tier shoulders so I can replace my 715 dagger with a 720 souleater, thus freeing up my pants to be turned into 725 pants multi/crit. Gotta get ring of course, soul capacitor to improve my burst even more and the neck off of Arch.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I tried not to leave everything out but this is the second time I've made this thread. The first one got deleted because my first 10 posts were spam so I could post a link.

EDIT: Still forgot to combatlog but here some meters from tonight.
    Iskar - 6min 59s 62k dps
    Iskar - 3min 49s 66k dps
    Fel lord - 2min 49s 73k dps
    Last edited by Percept; 2016-01-08 at 10:00 AM.

Hi there! So long story short. You are opening wrong for the current play style basically you want to do your regular set up with premed, SnD and prepot. Then you want to hit Vanish>SR>Rupture>Dance>Ambush/Evis Spam> Regular rotation. This tier pretty much makes Subs dps a CD stacking front loaded burst cannon. You can make a macro for Vanish + SR + Rupture that you have to tap a couple times on the pull and one for SD that just has all of your CDs including vanish stacked into it. When you are in dance (at least on your opener) you should Evis twice and probably reapply rupture once before its over, as long as doing so wont cost you an ambush cast, you should be able to get 6-7 ambushes on your opener and about everytime you go into dance. Once you get soul cap and ring this opener pretty awesome with your soul caps hitting between 3-5 mil.

P.S. : Sorry if this is sloppy, its 3 in the morning at the time I'm posting this.

TLDR: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Guide-for-6-2

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffar View Post
    When you are in dance (at least on your opener) you should Evis twice and probably reapply rupture once before its over.
    With my multistrike (~3500), my opener is AA E AA R AAA (with Hero/Lust). I can't get 7 Ambushes reliably without lust on pull because I'm not a Blood Elf. That opener will leave you with 10 CP exactly, and you Evisc and refresh SnD as soon as your 7th Ambush comes out, then Prep/Vanish and get another Ambush into ring before it explodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Percept View Post
    From what I've seen and I'm probably wrong, is that during burst, if you do not need to refresh anything, it is better to just spam ambush and overcap on combo points because at that point energy and combo points aren't your main concern, it's the time left on shadow dance and ambush does significantly more damage then eviscerate. This goes against what I've seen most everyone saying to do so please explain if I'm wrong, once again!
    You fill your Shadow dance with as many ambushes as possible and fill the remaining time with finishers, They do no cost much energy, zero to ten points net, so it's preferential to not let all things drop during SD. And eviscerate for 10 energy after Relentless Strikes is better then doing nothing, unsurprisisngly.
    Last edited by ymirsson; 2016-01-08 at 09:25 PM.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

15+ Year Old Account
    Very cool. 10/char

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

15+ Year Old Account
    Why are you using Vanish as soon as you use Shadow Dance in your 'big burst' macro?
    Shadow Dance effectively puts you in to stealth so you're wasting another cooldown by immediately using Vanish

Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    Why are you using Vanish as soon as you use Shadow Dance in your 'big burst' macro?
    Shadow Dance effectively puts you in to stealth so you're wasting another cooldown by immediately using Vanish
    guessing t18 2pc (gives 5 cp and damage bonus)

Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    30% bonus damage is better than 0% bonus damage.

Your opener should looking something like this

Vanish + SR > Rupture > SD > Ambush 3x > Evisc > Ambush 2x > Rupture (I prep here as well) > Ambush 1 or 2x > Vanish + Evisc > SnD > Hamtown