Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    So you're telling me the Benghazi-Email-Apocalypse-Witch-Hunt-Monster-Truck-BBQ committees never bothered to read through this email, that came out a year before Benghazi? It has only recently been unearthed despite all her emails having been scrupulously combed through by journalists from every major news source, and like... 10 Select-Committees-On-Trying-To-Make-Hillary-Look-Bad?

That'd be like discovering a lost DaVinci painting was on the wall next to the Statue of David this whole time, and nobody had thought to look left before now.

Forgive me of being highly suspect of your source from a website, whose name is literally a euphemism for bullshitting.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    More smoke to the fire. This country doesn't need another lying politician that is being financed by corporate interest groups. I truly hope that Bernie some how gets the nomination.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    More smoke to the fire. This country doesn't need another lying politician that is being financed by corporate interest groups. I truly hope that Bernie some how gets the nomination.
    He won't. I am excited for the fallout when all the "FEEL THE BERN" people are somehow shocked that Bernie didn't stand a chance.

I may not like Hilary at all, but she has all the political power and media on her side.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    He won't. I am excited for the fallout when all the "FEEL THE BERN" people are somehow shocked that Bernie didn't stand a chance.

I may not like Hilary at all, but she has all the political power and media on her side.
    Biden would have rocked this whole group. He's the perfect foil to Trump, Hillary, Cruz etc...

Wish he would have ran.

Quote Originally Posted by CruzMissle View Post
    Your allusions to a certain class of white Americans (in this case, "rednecks") is fairly disturbing. You moderators admonish people here quite often about using racist rhetoric, yet you yourself have no problem indulging in the same behavior? "Monster-Truck-BBQ". Really?

Don't think of it as a double standard, think of it as a higher standard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    So you're telling me the Benghazi-Email-Apocalypse-Witch-Hunt-Monster-Truck-BBQ committees never bothered to read through this email, that came out a year before Benghazi? It has only recently been unearthed despite all her emails having been scrupulously combed through by journalists from every major news source, and like... 10 Select-Committees-On-Trying-To-Make-Hillary-Look-Bad?

That'd be like discovering a lost DaVinci painting was on the wall next to the Statue of David this whole time, and nobody had thought to look left before now.

Forgive me of being highly suspect of your source from a website, whose name is literally a euphemism for bullshitting.

This investigation started out as one into influence peddling, not Benghazi or classified email on a personal server. That all came up during the investigation. Congressmen wanted to figure out why Hillary was receiving millions for foreigners.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviorasi View Post
    This investigation started out as one into influence peddling, not Benghazi or classified email on a personal server. That all came up during the investigation. Congressmen wanted to figure out why Hillary was receiving millions for foreigners.
    So... you're saying that the Select Committee on the Events Surrounding the 2012 Terrorist Attack in Benghazi, Libya (it's full name) which was created by House Resolution 567 - Providing for the Establishment of the Select Committee on the Events Surrounding the 2012 Terrorist Attack in Benghazi was actually an investigation into influence peddling? That's certainly... novel.

And even if that was the case, it would just demonstrate that GOP congresscritters are even dumber than they appear - Hillary is getting money from foreigners for the same reason they are: power and influence, aka. legal (or quasi-legal) bribery. Or are you saying that they wanted to figure out why she was getting so much more money than they were?
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    She won't be prosecuted. She is of the left-wing a politician.
    Fixed that for ya.

Don't worry, I bet conservatives would be calling for blood if it was Bush and Cheney who had committed war crimes, so as not to look hypocritical.

Oh... wait...
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Fixed that for ya.

Don't worry, I bet conservatives would be calling for blood if it was Bush and Cheney who had committed war crimes, so as not to look hypocritical.

Talk about unconstitutional expansion of power...

Oh... wait...
    Putting aside the war crimes issue, we had a Vice President basically declare himself a branch of government all to his own, conveniently forgoing any accountability to anyone.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Fixed that for ya.

Oh... wait...
    And even that is a bit of joke just for the comparison. Bush / Cheney lied to the American people to get us into war. Even if the "evil, horrible Hillary" did something wrong with an e-mail, it isn't even remotely comparable. It's like conflating a serial murderer with a pick pocket. That's what bothers me about many of the die-hard RW and LW people; every little flaw in the opposite party's politicians are not earth-ending issues. Let's focus on real things of substance, and not petty BS.

In regards to this particular issue, I will wait to see if there is anything of substance that comes out of it, but based on the past "smoking gun" e-mails, it probably is a lot less than some people imagine. There are plenty of things that are created on classified systems that are not classified at all. This appeared to be meeting notes created on a classified system...so the standard is to use secure fax because the worker is not empowered to make any decisions, so they have to follow SOP. If the meeting notes had nothing actually classified in them, it is perfectly appropriate for someone to recognize it as unclassified and ask for the transmission to be via non-secure fax. Until there is something more specific offered, I am going to remain a realist and just remain aware that while it could be an issue, it is just as likely (if not more likely) that it is not a real issue that has absolutely nothing to do with the person's political affiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    So you're telling me the Benghazi-Email-Apocalypse-Witch-Hunt-Monster-Truck-BBQ committees never bothered to read through this email, that came out a year before Benghazi? It has only recently been unearthed despite all her emails having been scrupulously combed through by journalists from every major news source, and like
    The email didn't "come out a year before Benghazi", the State Department just released it.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    The email didn't "come out a year before Benghazi", the State Department just released it.
    They don't care about new evidence, its all a witch hunt. Hillary could confess and they would still defend her. Partisan politics at its finest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    And even that is a bit of joke just for the comparison. Bush / Cheney lied to the American people to get us into war. Even if the "evil, horrible Hillary" did something wrong with an e-mail, it isn't even remotely comparable. It's like conflating a serial murderer with a pick pocket. That's what bothers me about many of the die-hard RW and LW people; every little flaw in the opposite party's politicians are not earth-ending issues. Let's focus on real things of substance, and not petty BS.

In regards to this particular issue, I will wait to see if there is anything of substance that comes out of it, but based on the past "smoking gun" e-mails, it probably is a lot less than some people imagine. There are plenty of things that are created on classified systems that are not classified at all. This appeared to be meeting notes created on a classified system...so the standard is to use secure fax because the worker is not empowered to make any decisions, so they have to follow SOP. If the meeting notes had nothing actually classified in them, it is perfectly appropriate for someone to recognize it as unclassified and ask for the transmission to be via non-secure fax. Until there is something more specific offered, I am going to remain a realist and just remain aware that while it could be an issue, it is just as likely (if not more likely) that it is not a real issue that has absolutely nothing to do with the person's political affiliation.
    The only thing they've come up with so far is procedural rules that she broke. There's been no evidence whatsoever that any of this email stuff actually endangered anyone. This investigation has revealed more sensitive classified information to the public that Hillary's email server did, which is the biggest joke.

Partisan politics at its finest.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

The only thing they've come up with so far is procedural rules that she broke. There's been no evidence whatsoever that any of this email stuff actually endangered anyone.
    The law is written to protect the information. It doesn't have to have endangered anyone.

Hillary Clinton could be caught red-handed, standing over a dead body with a smoking gun in her hand and she still wouldn't see a day in prison. The left is hell-bent on seeing another Clinton in office and will allow nothing, not even broken laws, to stand in their way.