Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    I don't know how it works where you come from, but there is literally nothing wrong with working in McDonalds here.
    Good pay and a great stepping stone for jobs in the future.

The stigma against people who work in "low end" jobs like grocery stores, Mcdonalds etc. etc. is rather silly, you would stand there scratching your head if you had nobody taking these jobs.
    People always like to treat the servant caste like shit when they would be completely lost without them.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    No brainless job like McDonalds should deserve "good pay." Maybe for the manager. But at least the manager is demonstrating they want some kind of bigger career in that industry.
    Give me one good reason why it shouldn't, and try to bring your perspective out of america.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Why is that something to mock? At least they're being a productive member of society in a way. Granted as I typed that I had to say McDonalds doesn't offer much although they do some good things like Ronald McDonald House etc. But the company itself doesn't reflect upon the worker. They are trying to make a living. This mother is allowing her fat ass child to get 6 cheeseburgers. She should be shamed.
    For her AND HER SIBLINGS. Was not all for herself.

I think more than half the people here have reading comprehension issues.

Well seeing her picture she really shouldn't eat more .. but then I have to admit that burgers at McDumb barely fill you up. I mean when we guys were out drinking and got hungry in the early morning hours we usually end up buying easily 6+ per person (eg. cheeseburgers) and my buddies are even athletic guys.

I think she's fat and gross too, but I'm not a big enough asshole to say that kind of thing in front of her face. Not saying I'm surprised that it was said, but I think think that cashier is just being an asshole for saying it. He speaks the truth, and the truth hurts sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Shes not fat enough that I would assume shes eating 6 cheeseburgers... and then to outright say that in front of a customer is disgusting. Still a he said she said thing though.
    Yes she is. Granted the article says it was for her and her 3 siblings(with 4 things of fries). The mother is the problem though as to why the girl is fat and I'm sure the others are pushing it too. The article clearly shows she has no control over her children
    I have a problem getting Jack to eat so when he says he wants something, I let him have it because of the way he is with food.
    In reference to her son demanding McDonalds.

Give me one good reason why it shouldn't, and try to bring your perspective out of america.
    I made $9/hr working at home depot. I asked my boss why they pay us so little and his response was "anyone can do your job, if you leave, we can easily fill your spot." Which sounded dickish but its true. If they think they deserve $15/hour they are out of their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    For her AND HER SIBLINGS. Was not all for herself.

I think more than half the people here have reading comprehension issues.
    Oh no I read it and she's still fat and should still not be proud of it. If she felt uncomfortable ordering 6 cheeseburgers then perhaps she should lose weight.

If I went to McDonalds and ordered 10 Big Macs they wouldn't bat and eye at me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
    Nobody needs 6 cheeseburgers.

Tell the fat kid to lose weight before it becomes a fat adult.
    TBF she wasn't ordering 6 for herself

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Yes she is. Granted the article says it was for her and her 3 siblings(with 4 things of fries). The mother is the problem though as to why the girl is fat and I'm sure the others are pushing it too. The article clearly shows she has no control over her children

In reference to her son demanding McDonalds.
    The mother is kind of a dumb bitch but that doesn't excuse the comment. I mean he shouldn't be fired over it but it was still kind of a dick move.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

It's nice to see this stuff happen outside the US (and Florida) for a change. I'm tired of the whole "shaming" thing, every thing is shaming. When is the last time a McDonald's worker said more than 2 words to a customer, not to mention that many of them aren't exactly the pinnacle of health either. Sounds like just a way to get your face in the media.

While that is very inappropriate, since you're supposed to always respect the customer (the customer is always right, and all) I'm not sure I could've resisted either.

I mean am I reading this right, six burgers each?! If they eat this way every day I'm baffled they aren't fatter.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    TBF she wasn't ordering 6 for herself
    If that is indeed the case, then it seems likely that the cashier made the same misinterpretation as me. I'd certainly be dumbstruck if I thought a family was ordering 24 cheeseburgers and 16 orders of fries.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2016-01-08 at 08:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    It's nice to see this stuff happen outside the US (and Florida) for a change. I'm tired of the whole "shaming" thing, every thing is shaming. When is the last time a McDonald's worker said more than 2 words to a customer, not to mention that many of them aren't exactly the pinnacle of health either. Sounds like just a way to get your face in the media.
    You clearly haven't been to a mcdonald in the ghetto or one near a trailer park. You have to arrive at the right time but holy shit entertainment plus a meal.

Deleted
    TBF I would need 3 cheeseburgers to fill full at Mac Donalds

7+ Year Old Account
    It has no skills. No real skills anyway.

Take somebody, anybody with a college education with technical skills that takes time and effort to learn. You can put them in McDonalds and they would do fine. Flip a burger? Take an order? Easy.

Now reverse that. I can't see a typical McDonalds worker surviving as an engineer, or a programmer, or a designer of some sort. Or hell, even some business major oriented jobs.

Hence, low pay for low skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    While that is very inappropriate, since you're supposed to always respect the customer (the customer is always right, and all) I'm not sure I could've resisted either.

I mean am I reading this right, six burgers each?! If they eat this way every day I'm baffled they aren't fatter.
    Six burgers in total is how I understood it.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I made $9/hr working at home depot. I asked my boss why they pay us so little and his response was "anyone can do your job, if you leave, we can easily fill your spot." Which sounded dickish but its true. If they think they deserve $15/hour they are out of their minds.
    Again, bring your perspective out of america.

Working in Mcdonalds here requires everything from health regulation, to safety and customer service.
    It's not something you put some random kid at doing, you go through a training process.

Even then, i dare saying working in a hot kitchen, putting togheter burgers for hours upon hours for hundreds of customers isn't as much of an "everybody can do it" as you think it is.

Does it terrify people like you that even people who have to take low end jobs like that, that even they get to have a decent liveable pay?
    How does it affect you that they do, does it make you jealous?
    I don't get it, that's some weird logic.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    It has no skills. No real skills anyway.

Take somebody, anybody with a college education with technical skills that takes time and effort to learn. You can put them in McDonalds and they would do fine. Flip a burger? Take an order? Easy.

Now reverse that. I can't see a typical McDonalds worker surviving as an engineer, or a programmer, or a designer of some sort. Or hell, even some business major oriented jobs.

Hence, low pay for low skill.

And i can't imagine an engineer, programmer or designer working in a hot kitchen flipping togheter burgers while having to follow health regulations and such, but hey-o.

The hilarious part is that people like you would flip a shit if these job's disappeared one day, buy hey keep on treating them like shit while being completely dependent on them.
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2016-01-08 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

"16-year-old Corrina visited her local Macca’s in Shoreham, Sussex, to buy six burgers and four portions of fries for herself and her three siblings."

She was ordering it for the family but the cashier assumed she was gonna eat 6 burgers herself.

Holy f, she's 16? Damn...

Again, bring your perspective out of america.

Working in Mcdonalds here requires everything from health regulation, to safety and customer service.
    It's not something you put some random kid at doing, you go through a training process.

Even then, i dare saying working in a hot kitchen, putting togheter burgers for hours upon hours for hundreds of customers isn't as much of an "everybody can do it" as you think it is.

Does it terrify people like you that even people who have to take low end jobs like that, that even they get to have a decent liveable pay?
    How does it affect you that they do, does it make you jealous?
    I don't get it, that's some weird logic.
    What does America have to do with this? To work at home depot you have over 40 hours of training and each month you multiple hours of training to keep up with. I worked on forklifts / reach trucks. I even did a few overnights to fix a pipe issue. $9/hr because they could replace me. It doesn't get me mad or jealous because I make way more now. It just doesn't make sense to pay someone more than their service is worth.