Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    What qualifies as 'viable' above X rating? Is it metrics like DPS? HPS? Burst damage during burst-window? Utility? Team comp? Ability to survive being focus fired?

So please explain why you feel so strongly that Retr is not viable above X rating? So take Retr tool set and compare and contrast it to other DPS builds for those of us who may not be as intimate with Retr as you?
    To me personally (my opinion) being viable is: 1)win more games than lose at your own or higher cr 2)being able to carry your weight in group (lets talk about DPS spec=Ret in this example) so it means have highest or 2nd highest (if you have warrior on ur team) amount of blow kills, and high over all dmg 3)provide support/utility for you team enabling it operate at a higher efficiency. Once again this is my own opinion of being viable in RBGs.
    Saying all that, lets look at live: our utilities are 2xBOPs, 2xSacs (that can be both provided by Holly), your sustain dmg and our aoe is very weak outside of wings, our defensive cds are weak as well, it is easy to CC us when we pop wings.
    Also how many Rets have above 2k cr in RBGs atm without being carried by the teamates to that rating (i dont know the number, but if there are any, it is very small i am sure compared to other specs). Also i am sure every Ret here got laughed at or got some type of rude respond at one point when trying to join 1.8kcr+ RBG team, where people did not know you/your skill level.
    In the end, all it comes down to what pvp public thinks about Rets, and lets face majority of pvpers who do RBGs do not deem Ret spec as a favorable addition to their team at higher cr, which on its own makes our spec not viable (even if given right maps, we do preform really well on par with other DPS specs, a good example is Temple: Orb map, i believe Ret is one of the best dps specs to have on that map)

P.S. I can not really compare Ret with every other dps spec, due to amount of information it will take, and i am not that good with caster classes to give you guys detailed information, but in my previous post, in my opinion Ret is an underdog in rated pvp for 2 main reasons 1) poor survival we lack survival compared to other melee classes, every other melee has by far superior survival than us, many with passive dmg reduction (D-stance, enh lightning shield, blood presence, feint (this one you have to spend energy as rogue) and better dmg mitigation abilities.
    2) we lack good aoe(for RBGs mainly)/sustain dmg, our damage is simply not there (outside of wings, and good teams will cc your wings), and we are not that mobile either, usually bad mobility=high dmg (frost dk good example) or enhance for example they are not as mobile as feral/ww, but they have range kick (something would be amazing for Ret to have), purge, totems/pets so even if you kite them, they still dispel/dps/kick your casts.
    Last edited by Snegovik; 2016-01-12 at 05:51 AM.

Ret Paladin's biggest problems are with dealing with Wizard Cleaves like LSD and surviving outside bubble. Ret Paladin is probably the hardest spec to survive with, the state of the game right now is with 100-0 comps like RMD, Turbo, Frozenchicken, etc. These comps just delete someone on CD and often defensive's don't even stop it. Moonkin crits a Starsurge for 200k you just die. On top of this burst damage almost all of these comps have instant, hard CC on 30sec CD's to cover for a spammable CC. If you screw up a single HoS you basically just lost the game. Meanwhile over in Godcomp land, Hpal can BoP iceblocked mages and not be any worse off for it.

Then you consider the comp issue. Ret is dependent on Hunter being strong. Ret/Dk and Ret/Lock are okay when Ret is strong but Ret/Hunter is the go to comp. It's no different for Ele Sham. If Aff lock isn't strong Ele has no place, they rely on Aff lock for dispel protection on flame shock to be viable and as such LSD has been pretty much the only viable Ele Sham comp for what? 6-7 years? Likewise Ret use to rely on being the burst damage with utility and CC that synergized very well with Hunter traps. That is until BM started 1shotting people on 1min CD and now Hunter's would rather play with Feral Druids and Rogues. The only way Ret is viable now is by convincing someone to play a comp that is undeniably worse than their other options. Hunter's can play jungle, DK can play TWD, Lock can play, MLX, LSD, lots of other stuff.

Ret is "viable" in that it's possible to do well playing it but you would have an easier time playing literally anything except Ret and maybe Ele Sham.
    Last edited by Noxate; 2016-01-14 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxate View Post
    Ret Paladin's biggest problems are with dealing with Wizard Cleaves like LSD and surviving outside bubble. Ret Paladin is probably the hardest spec to survive with, the state of the game right now is with 100-0 comps like RMD, Turbo, Frozenchicken, etc. These comps just delete someone on CD and often defensive's don't even stop it. Moonkin crits a Starsurge for 200k you just die. On top of this burst damage almost all of these comps have instant, hard CC on 30sec CD's to cover for a spammable CC. If you screw up a single HoS you basically just lost the game. Meanwhile over in Godcomp land, Hpal can BoP iceblocked mages and not be any worse off for it.

Then you consider the comp issue. Ret is dependent on Hunter being strong. Ret/Dk and Ret/Lock are okay when Ret is strong but Ret/Hunter is the go to comp. It's no different for Ele Sham. If Aff lock isn't strong Ele has no place, they rely on Aff lock for dispel protection on flame shock to be viable and as such LSD has been pretty much the only viable Ele Sham comp for what? 6-7 years? Likewise Ret use to rely on being the burst damage with utility and CC that synergized very well with Hunter traps. That is until BM started 1shotting people on 1min CD and now Hunter's would rather play with Feral Druids and Rogues. The only way Ret is viable now is by convincing someone to play a comp that is undeniably worse than their other options. Hunter's can play jungle, DK can play TWD, Lock can play, MLX, LSD, lots of other stuff.

Ret is "viable" in that it's possible to do well playing it but you would have an easier time playing literally anything except Ret and maybe Ele Sham.
    100% accurate, why play with ret if you can another melee that does more dmg, has better survival, better cc, better peels, better burst (feral, enh).

I have a theory would like to hear from you guys about:

My theory is just x1 change would go along way to 'fixing' Retr on live today.

Merge all seals into one while maintaining benefits of the Seals ... Now go Empowered Seals for PvP!

Edit: you may need to tone down the damage effects of the ES

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually have no trouble switching seals (have a sequence macro switching between Truth and Justice + a key popping Light if I play with Empowered Seals.

However, in most of situations I find FV better; vs. most melees for example. W/o FV, the damage while kiting will be too low. FV greatly helps vs. Rogues, Dks, Warriors.

Emp.Seals are better vs. Feral / Enh due to their bursty nature (the SoL heal and extra sprint can really help vs. those).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellmist View Post
    5. Anything a Ret brings to the table a holy paladin can bring as well (plus be more useful)
    Holy Paladins doesnt have Seal of Justice CC

ret was interesting when it could dish out insane holy dmg. to be honest, they should redo the class and focus on making it a shockadin, hella more fun and would be a nice way to introduce a plate ranged DPS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    ret was interesting when it could dish out insane holy dmg. to be honest, they should redo the class and focus on making it a shockadin, hella more fun and would be a nice way to introduce a plate ranged DPS
    No thank you, i prefer being melee, priest fits the "holy damage caster" fantasy much better

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    I have a theory would like to hear from you guys about:

My theory is just x1 change would go along way to 'fixing' Retr on live today.

Merge all seals into one while maintaining benefits of the Seals ... Now go Empowered Seals for PvP!

Edit: you may need to tone down the damage effects of the ES
    It would defiantly make our survival / mobility better (in Legion Prot spec will have charge on CS, yet nothing for ret..QQ), make us more viable in pvp but i doubt we will be on par with other melee kings like War/Dk/Feral/Enh. I think in addition to that we need need buff our sustain dmg via Sword of Light or just buffs of individual spells, and buff our SS (like it used to be in Wrath) + make it none dispellable/ purgable and lastly blizzard need give us back our Retribution aura back or Eye for an Eye ability, because since after Wrath ended, Retribution was a spec to train every arena, any comp 90% of the time (i do not count quick swaps to your team members, because they are swaps)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    Holy Paladins doesnt have Seal of Justice CC
    Seal of Justice does not make us viable over DK/War/Enh/Feral who already have 50% or other types of slow

Rated PvP, does this mean arena or BG's? I can only assume BG's because in Arena, if you accept that you a support character which is exactly what a paladin is, you can actually do quite well. If you expect to go in like a warrior and just sit on an enemy wailing on them hoping for a kill then you will always sit around 1600.

In BG's we don't bring anything to the table thats better then the other options available, our only mass CC breaks on any damage and really its just pointless, and you don't want a half/half spot, if you wanted more healers you would get more healers. Ret is fine if they just sit and spam AoE when you're trying to hold a flag but our defensive abilities make us useless atm, being fixed in Legion, and so you're always just a useless DPS or a useless healer.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    Rated PvP, does this mean arena or BG's? I can only assume BG's because in Arena, if you accept that you a support character which is exactly what a paladin is, you can actually do quite well. If you expect to go in like a warrior and just sit on an enemy wailing on them hoping for a kill then you will always sit around 1600.

In BG's we don't bring anything to the table thats better then the other options available, our only mass CC breaks on any damage and really its just pointless, and you don't want a half/half spot, if you wanted more healers you would get more healers. Ret is fine if they just sit and spam AoE when you're trying to hold a flag but our defensive abilities make us useless atm, being fixed in Legion, and so you're always just a useless DPS or a useless healer.
    Rated pvp means Arena/RBGs. Arena wise, yes ret is a support class for Others, problem is ret is soft as a glass cannon that does no dmg outside of wings, hence we get killed period, atm ret is worst pvp melee class in rated arena, only 4 rets above 2.4k cr in 3s and only 1 ret above 2.5k (avengerline last time i checked, vanguards does not even play his ret beyond simple capping games)
    In RBGs you said ret can sit and aoe flags, yes we can spin flag but why bring ret when you get War/DK/Enh who will outdps you by a ton (given same skill lvl) and have more survival+more pressure.
    P.S. warriors do not sit on one target, they swap none stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    I think in addition to that we need need buff our sustain dmg via Sword of Light
    Absolutely not. The last thing PvP needs right now is more bandaid damage buffs to make classes viable. The real problem with Ret at this stage is that it is the only melee spec that is actually balanced. All the other melee have ridiculously high uptime and any amount of good setup of ccing or lining healer is irrelevant with the amount of survivability they have.

Enhance healing needs to go, Rogue's elusiveness and double evasion needs to go, Warriors need a huge drawback to going D stance, Blood Presence damage needs to be gimped. Feral and WW are the 2 that don't "really" have that problem. Feral should have the healing it has but both Feral and WW received stupid amounts of bandaid damage fixes to make them good. It doesn't make sense that you have classes like Enhance, Warrior, DK and Rogue that can basically tunnel a single person all game with no fear. If those survivability issues were fixed you could then tone down on the caster side of things. But all of these melee were given these ridiculous movement buffs to keep up with casters who could cast spells on the move. When Blizzard took that away they didn't do anything to melee uptime and to compensate for the difference they just stuck bandaid damage buffs on all the caster dps.

Damage buffs make things viable but they dont make up for the toxic gameplay that the state of most melee dps is causing.

EDIT: You go back and watch how melee use to play in Cata or Wrath and they use to have to actually run away. They had to setup opportunities to have high uptime, they couldn't just walk out into the middle of nagrand arena and start slamming their face into ranged.
    Last edited by Noxate; 2016-01-18 at 10:41 PM.

Absolutely not. The last thing PvP needs right now is more bandaid damage buffs to make classes viable. The real problem with Ret at this stage is that it is the only melee spec that is actually balanced. All the other melee have ridiculously high uptime and any amount of good setup of ccing or lining healer is irrelevant with the amount of survivability they have.

Enhance healing needs to go, Rogue's elusiveness and double evasion needs to go, Warriors need a huge drawback to going D stance, Blood Presence damage needs to be gimped. Feral and WW are the 2 that don't "really" have that problem. Feral should have the healing it has but both Feral and WW received stupid amounts of bandaid damage fixes to make them good. It doesn't make sense that you have classes like Enhance, Warrior, DK and Rogue that can basically tunnel a single person all game with no fear. If those survivability issues were fixed you could then tone down on the caster side of things. But all of these melee were given these ridiculous movement buffs to keep up with casters who could cast spells on the move. When Blizzard took that away they didn't do anything to melee uptime and to compensate for the difference they just stuck bandaid damage buffs on all the caster dps.

Damage buffs make things viable but they dont make up for the toxic gameplay that the state of most melee dps is causing.

EDIT: You go back and watch how melee use to play in Cata or Wrath and they use to have to actually run away. They had to setup opportunities to have high uptime, they couldn't just walk out into the middle of nagrand arena and start slamming their face into ranged.
    I love how some people say"Ret is not crap, it is balanced, while every1 else is OP and not balanced" well why the heck blizzard can not buff Ret so we will be on par with other melee, this topic is not about Ret being balance, we talking about Viable, buff Ret, instead of "balancing" every other class in game, problem solved.
    Wrath: Only Ret teams facing Elem/Destro/Hpal had to run around pillar until cds are up, comps like African turtle, lumber jack, BeastClv, ProtPally+2x healer, prot pally/prot war+healer just tunnel shit into the ground, same for good RMP if they got good opener, entire game is on offence most of the cases.
    Cata: Last season of cata when i came back to arena. Teams like vanguards clv, RLS, 2xRet+DK, Ret/Rog/Hunter they just rushed in, and raped healer or a soft caster class, you did not need to run away anywhere, unless you were bad and messed up in a major way.
    P.S. Fine if you do not want buff Ret's sustain, make our shieldwall 40% dmg reduction both magic/physical, give us magic dispel back, and freedom out of stuns (this will only make us somewhat viable in Arena, RBG wise we do NEED buff in our aoe/sustain dmg)
    Last edited by Snegovik; 2016-01-18 at 11:30 PM.

I mean yeah damage buffs would make ret viable and it would just add to the plethora of stupid that is pvp right now. Arena is fucking dogshit. It's overloaded with a bunch of mongo specs like rogue, war, dk, enh, feral, whatever. That just tunnel PvE something into the ground. I'm talking about long term fixes that make the game not shit.

And you're just wrong. If you played during wrath/cata you'd realize the difference in uptime of melee from then until now. Melee have way more CC breaks, way more mobility, way more passive survivability that they got from mop then they ever use to. Yeah you could try to tunnel someone into the ground I mean it's not like warrior and DK have ever been anything but mongo tunnel classes but for the most part the game had a lot less of that. Now every game is melee cleaves trying to PvE someone to death while casters spend the entire game fake casting to avoid being interupted by the 1mil interupts in the game and then blow all their insta burst CD's in a row hoping to gib someone. The games fucking terrible.
    Last edited by Noxate; 2016-01-20 at 02:54 PM.

1) Allow LoH in rated
    2) Repentance base line for Retr

I mean yeah damage buffs would make ret viable and it would just add to the plethora of stupid that is pvp right now. Arena is fucking dogshit. It's overloaded with a bunch of mongo specs like rogue, war, dk, enh, feral, whatever. That just tunnel PvE something into the ground. I'm talking about long term fixes that make the game not shit.

And you're just wrong. If you played during wrath/cata you'd realize the difference in uptime of melee from then until now. Melee have way more CC breaks, way more mobility, way more passive survivability that they got from mop then they ever use to. Yeah you could try to tunnel someone into the ground I mean it's not like warrior and DK have ever been anything but mongo tunnel classes but for the most part the game had a lot less of that. Now every game is melee cleaves trying to PvE someone to death while casters spend the entire game fake casting to avoid being interupted by the 1mil interupts in the game and then blow all their insta burst CD's in a row hoping to gib someone. The games fucking terrible.
    I) long term? i posted earlier on topic that we need our unique tools that we had back in wrath to make it long term: such as 1) freedom out of stuns 2) old SS 3) we could spec that 60% of our dmg by pass all absorbs 4) dispel magic 5) eye for an eye or retribution aura (which scales wit mastery) 6) Rets need better scaling, atm we have one of the worst scaling in game. These are just the simple abilities (not a flat dmg buff since you are so against it) that will make us better

II) I did play both xpac at high end arena, did you? cuz you seem simply to contradict yourself. I am saying how Ret (since it is discussion about Ret spec) is inferior to other melee, here you say i am wrong, and you post how other specs are better than Rets "CC breaks, mobility, passive survival" since all that is true about other melee classes BUT ret, we actually lost our suitability, healing, cc break since wrath (healing since cata). Also i am still not sure what you refer to 1 mil interrupts from other melee specs when we are talking about Ret here...as i posted before that Ret is the bottom of the food chain in pvp among melee classes, hence it is give that Ret is not nowhere near to be on even ground compared to other melee as you kindly posted have better "cc, mobility, dmg, passive survival, interrupts"

Besides you are keeping going back to your view of being balanced, this topic is not about being balanced it is about being viable in an unbalanced pvp system, hence to be good, u also have to be unbalanced, see my logic?

Edit: Dont get me wrong, i WANT this game to be balanced, nothing more I would enjoy than to play a balanced pvp, but it will never happened, you always going to have OP classes like Mage/Rogue/Drood/Lock/War (most of the time) those are kings of pvp; hence, i want to see Ret spec for ONCE to be among the big boys in pvp ladder since wrath, it has been whole 3 expectations where Rets are overall middle or bottom of the food chain, only because blizzard "tries" to balance us, instead of making us viable, see the difference? I much rather be unbalanced and viable on par (not OP, but simply viable) with other big boys than being balance and enviable in rated pvp at all.
    Last edited by Snegovik; 2016-01-20 at 09:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If ret is already super squish, and wings damage is good but non-wings damage is bad, does anyone run with the 2p tier set for 3 charges of wings?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

You have to look forward now into legion. We have no DP anymore, but you can attack through HoP and DS. Thats pretty insane. I'm not really sure how that translates yet, still plenty of time for them to change things. Rest assured retribution will never be the best PvP spec for some pretty simple reasons.

1. They are the most commonly played spec in the game and they are simple enough that if they were OP they would become even more popular and no one wants that, already enough Ret paladins.
    2. Retribution is a support, if you want more survivability without big CD's like HoP, HoF, HoS and DS then you have to give stuff up. A lot of CD's are going away in legion. You can't really be sure what its going to be like yet.
    3. Retribution needs a mass CC to make it competitive with warriors and DK's, they are our slot competition. Warriors are more mobile, provide a healing reduction, mass fear, can train a target with a consistantly high damage output. DK's are less mobile, but they can pull the enemies to themselves and they have great synergy with other classes CC, not to mention high consistant damage output.
    4. Outside of CD's, our damage isn't high enough to scare people. Healers can heal through it, other classes can CD out of it. Not suggesting Ret is useless, but we don't being anything that others can't do better. If they want all the support tools they will just bring a holy paladin and fill the slot with a DK.
    Last edited by TheDestinatus; 2016-01-20 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    If ret is already super squish, and wings damage is good but non-wings damage is bad, does anyone run with the 2p tier set for 3 charges of wings?
    Hi mate, every ret would do it, however all pve bonus sets/trinkets do not work in rated pvp (and even in random bgs/duels i believe), most rets run 2/5 (helm+shoulders) rest versatility/mastery/haste offest pieces. (saying all that, i still use legendary ring tier 3 in random bgs (15% str proc) and legendary tier 4 ring for Wpvp)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    You have to look forward now into legion. We have no DP anymore, but you can attack through HoP and DS. Thats pretty insane. I'm not really sure how that translates yet, still plenty of time for them to change things. Rest assured retribution will never be the best PvP spec for some pretty simple reasons.

1. They are the most commonly played spec in the game and they are simple enough that if they were OP they would become even more popular and no one wants that, already enough Ret paladins.
    2. Retribution is a support, if you want more survivability without big CD's like HoP, HoF, HoS and DS then you have to give stuff up. A lot of CD's are going away in legion. You can't really be sure what its going to be like yet.
    3. Retribution needs a mass CC to make it competitive with warriors and DK's, they are our slot competition. Warriors are more mobile, provide a healing reduction, mass fear, can train a target with a consistantly high damage output. DK's are less mobile, but they can pull the enemies to themselves and they have great synergy with other classes CC, not to mention high consistant damage output.
    4. Outside of CD's, our damage isn't high enough to scare people. Healers can heal through it, other classes can CD out of it. Not suggesting Ret is useless, but we don't being anything that others can't do better. If they want all the support tools they will just bring a holy paladin and fill the slot with a DK.
    Legion does not look that good from pvp point of view, we lost most of our long-distance range abilities, lost instant heals, clear snares, lost some of our mobility, judgement got 100% longer cd. Currently blizzard trying to make Rets more like warriors in Legion without mobility necessary to fill that Niche. To me, currently in legion Ret is shaping out to be similar to Frost Dk (without high sustain + high survival) we are very low mobility melee class, with almost no gap closer abilities.
    P.S. Yeh BOp+ bubble are huge buffs, but they are more for duels/BGs in arena it wont be a big buff in rated pvp. But i agree with your points why ret will never be OP...blizzard need give us tools to be a proper support class, also on Legion, ret lost Sac dispells (which is huge in PvP, it is one of the few things what made Ret somewhat viable in 3s), the way I see it, blizzard simply can not decide what they want to do with Ret in PvP, they need simply decide what niche they want to give us, and make us viable at that specific niche, since atm on Alpha Rets have no nice, we are no longer a support spec (no sac, no 2xBoPs , 2xFreedoms, 2xSacs), we no longer have range offensive abilities, we lost our mobility, lost our execution, lost instant heals (once again we can toss out those nice heals to our teamates in trouble)

Edit: I was thinking if blizzard tries to make us more like Warrior/Dk in Legion, this little perk will make us viable without buffing our dmg: for PvP talent tree Blizzard would give us an option to make our CS dispel 2 magic effects per hit (similar to icy touch for dks or purge for enh) this will actually make Rets provide more sustain pressure without buffing our offensive numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are few ideas for Legion PvP talent tree, the 3rd options were meant to make us viable in RBG/5s
    Mobility row: 1) Freedom removes stuns 2) Freedom makes you immune to all slows/snares increase speed by 20% 3) When you cast freedom all team members within 40 yards benefit from your freedom (maximum of 9 teamates)
    Retribution row: 1) CS dispels 2 magic effects 2) CS reduces base stats of enemy by 10% for 6 sec 3) CS places eye for an eye rebuff on enemy, making enemy take 10% of the total damage dealt to you over 6 sec.
    Support row: 1) Cleanse dispels magic (same cd as for healers) 2) Increases Sac cd to 2 minutes and makes friendly target immune to all damage for 6 sec, but the beneficiary is only able to cast healing spells 3) Sac (1 min cd) dispels all harmful magical effects from you and your teammates within 20 yards from you
    Defensive: 1) when our shield wall is activate it cleanses all harmful effects from us (magic, poisons, bleeds) 2)when shieldwall as activate attackers take 50% of damage dealt back 3) increase cd of your shieldwall to 1 min and when it is activated in addition your party members (up to 9) take 10% reduced dmg from all sources
    Offensive row: 1) Judgment clears you from any impairing effects and teleports you to the target 2) Judgment interrupts any casts 3) Judgment now applies stacks of guild to the primary target and up to 4 enemy targets within 20 yards, after reaching 3 stacks, enemies are stunned for 6 sec
    Last edited by Snegovik; 2016-01-20 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Hi mate, every ret would do it, however all pve bonus sets/trinkets do not work in rated pvp (and even in random bgs/duels i believe), most rets run 2/5 (helm+shoulders) rest versatility/mastery/haste offest pieces. (saying all that, i still use legendary ring tier 3 in random bgs (15% str proc) and legendary tier 4 ring for Wpvp)

- - - Updated - - -

Legion does not look that good from pvp point of view, we lost most of our long-distance range abilities, lost instant heals, clear snares, lost some of our mobility, judgement got 100% longer cd. Currently blizzard trying to make Rets more like warriors in Legion without mobility necessary to fill that Niche. To me, currently in legion Ret is shaping out to be similar to Frost Dk (without high sustain + high survival) we are very low mobility melee class, with almost no gap closer abilities.
    P.S. Yeh BOp+ bubble are huge buffs, but they are more for duels/BGs in arena it wont be a big buff in rated pvp. But i agree with your points why ret will never be OP...blizzard need give us tools to be a proper support class, also on Legion, ret lost Sac dispells (which is huge in PvP, it is one of the few things what made Ret somewhat viable in 3s), the way I see it, blizzard simply can not decide what they want to do with Ret in PvP, they need simply decide what niche they want to give us, and make us viable at that specific niche, since atm on Alpha Rets have no nice, we are no longer a support spec (no sac, no 2xBoPs , 2xFreedoms, 2xSacs), we no longer have range offensive abilities, we lost our mobility, lost our execution, lost instant heals (once again we can toss out those nice heals to our teamates in trouble)

Edit: I was thinking if blizzard tries to make us more like Warrior/Dk in Legion, this little perk will make us viable without buffing our dmg: for PvP talent tree Blizzard would give us an option to make our CS dispel 2 magic effects per hit (similar to icy touch for dks or purge for enh) this will actually make Rets provide more sustain pressure without buffing our offensive numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are few ideas for Legion PvP talent tree, the 3rd options were meant to make us viable in RBG/5s
    Mobility row: 1) Freedom removes stuns 2) Freedom makes you immune to all slows/snares increase speed by 20% 3) When you cast freedom all team members within 40 yards benefit from your freedom (maximum of 9 teamates)
    Retribution row: 1) CS dispels 2 magic effects 2) CS reduces base stats of enemy by 10% for 6 sec 3) CS places eye for an eye rebuff on enemy, making enemy take 10% of the total damage dealt to you over 6 sec.
    Support row: 1) Cleanse dispels magic (same cd as for healers) 2) Increases Sac cd to 2 minutes and makes friendly target immune to all damage for 6 sec, but the beneficiary is only able to cast healing spells 3) Sac (1 min cd) dispels all harmful magical effects from you and your teammates within 20 yards from you
    Defensive: 1) when our shield wall is activate it cleanses all harmful effects from us (magic, poisons, bleeds) 2)when shieldwall as activate attackers take 50% of damage dealt back 3) increase cd of your shieldwall to 1 min and when it is activated in addition your party members (up to 9) take 10% reduced dmg from all sources
    Offensive row: 1) Judgment clears you from any impairing effects and teleports you to the target 2) Judgment interrupts any casts 3) Judgment now applies stacks of guild to the primary target and up to 4 enemy targets within 20 yards, after reaching 3 stacks, enemies are stunned for 6 sec
    Most of your suggestions are retardedly overpowered