Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Exclamation Why it's now "normal" to be mentally ill?

Why do some people try "gender ideology" or other things to be something acceptable? It's a mental illness, nothing more, nothing less. People should try to treat them, not saying that they have to be "proud of it and need to express themselves".

Here are examples:
    52 y/o man thinks that he's a 6y/o girl.
    http://dailycaller.com/2015/12/09/th...year-old-girl/
    http://www.mrctv.org/blog/52-year-ol...#.ywexpgq:rPXs

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/...-or-girls.html
    One of the nation’s largest public school systems is preparing to include gender identity to its classroom curriculum, including lessons on sexual fluidity and spectrum – the idea that there’s no such thing as 100 percent boys or 100 percent girls.

Deleted
    The moment this happens and I have children IF I have the option I'm moving the next best place that won't brainwash children into thinking it's normal to be mentally ill as you say.

Well at first I thought this was going to be a serious thread. Nope just a forbidden topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think somewhere along the line somebody thought depression was just being sad and stuff for no reason and then just started calling whatever stupid idea or weird thought they had an illness to make a joke out of it all

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Why do you care one way or another?
    Because it drastically is changing in a way it will affect my future.

Sigh, this topic again. Can we just link the first time it came up and save everyone time?

Deleted
    As long as those crazy people stay in their caves, im fine :d most people laugh here at bruce jenner or this troll in ur link, no person with a normal brain will think this people are "normal". its just the media

Deleted
    Everyone is a special little snowflake and we should nurture that as much as we can. Crap eggs on a painting? YOUR AN ARTIST! Freak of nature? YOUR THE ELEPHANT MAN! Grown men wanting to be 6 year old girls? Your a bit confused BUT ITS OK!

We are not cattle. Repeat after me: we are not one big leader following herd.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought this topic was not allowed on the forum?

On topic, it's not a mental illness. Mental illness would be GAD, OCD, Bipolar and all that can be fixed through long therapies and in some cases, medicine. You cannot fix someone with a different gender identity through therapy or pills. Simple.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOAPTYPO View Post
    As long as those crazy people stay in their caves, im fine :d most people laugh here at bruce jenner or this troll in ur link, no person with a normal brain will think this people are "normal". its just the media
    The next generation does think it is normal, meaning in 15-20 years you will see a massive increase in crazy people thinking they are something they ain't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post

On topic, it's not a mental illness. Mental illness would be GAD, OCD, Bipolar and all that can be fixed through long therapies and in some cases, medicine. You cannot fix someone with a different gender identity through therapy or pills. Simple.
    You can, by not enforcing it and moving on.

Its not, but it seems gen-ot people go through phases of trying to post forbidden topics for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    The next generation does think it is normal, meaning in 15-20 years you will see a massive increase in crazy people thinking they are something they ain't.
    I do not think you as someone who clearly has no psychological background are qualified to make such assessments, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted

You can treat anything with pills. Just because a mental illness doesnt have one signed specially for it doesnt mean its not a mental illness. And figure that, treating MENTAL illness with PILLS? Whats in those pills? Psychology? Or is it a sedative designed to chill the brain out? Like a pill that can chill the women brain part.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate how far left wackos use gender politics to try to encroach on the spaces of the genuinely mentally ill. They only serve to further stigmatize people who actually need help. Some examples of what I am taking about are otherkin and the "body positivity" shit.

Luckily the mainstream hasnt been exposed to that much yet
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Anti-Social Personality Disorder(Psychopathy/Sociopathy) can't be cured with pills or through therapy either. I'm not saying gender confusion is a mental illness, just pointing out your flawed opinion.

The real question is: Do they have a legit sounding name for it? Something like korasiohexaeto* sexual or something like that ? .

*sorry, I can't do ancient Greek for shit anymore these days.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2016-01-10 at 09:57 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because parts of society has pushed idea that being handicapped is something to be celebrated. It started out as a way to help legitimately disadvantaged people, but like any movement it can be hijacked by opportunists.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    Body dysmorphia is the exact same thing. Do we chop of someone's arms and blind them simply because they believe that their arms are not their arms and their eyes are not their eyes?

No. We reinforce the fact that it is their arms and we help them cope with that fact. By cutting off their arms and gouging out their eyes, you take their internal, personal conflict and you past it on their forehead making it everybody's problem.
    Arms and Eyes are fairly important to living, and without those a person is crippled in functioning in life. I can't think of much outside sex that a penis is useful for, and breasts are pointless from a functional standpoint if the person doesn't want to breast feed. Unless we are talking some "greater good" here, losing those two body parts does not hinder a person's life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Why do some people try "gender ideology" or other things to be something acceptable? It's a mental illness, nothing more, nothing less. People should try to treat them, not saying that they have to be "proud of it and need to express themselves".

Here are examples:
    52 y/o man thinks that he's a 6y/o girl.
    http://dailycaller.com/2015/12/09/th...year-old-girl/
    http://www.mrctv.org/blog/52-year-ol...#.ywexpgq:rPXs

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/...-or-girls.html
    Because it isn't normal to mentally ill? If you think you are another gender, that isn't really a mental illness, nor is it really to act like a kid. It is seen as a fetish among some people. Of course, could be considered a mental illness if you didn't know what it was about with the person and his surroundings so we can't really write off the father's situation. Though, I wouldn't compare all those situations with people having a mental illness.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Mass narcissism. It was easier to ignore before the internet but it's been around since the advent of television, possibly radio.