Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I started hating CoD after the first Black Ops. Mostly the community. It's horrendous, but fun game with friends nevertheless. But after Black Ops, it just turned into rehashed shit, taking out elements of the game that I liked. Still play Blacks Ops Zombies with friends nowadays.

However, it's latest iteration seems really fun. Played it the other day at a friend's house. The Multiplayer is pretty fun with all the added tweaks and classes.

Quote Originally Posted by bollocks View Post
    After a recent discussion with a friend, I've noticed something quite obvious in the "gamers" sites in the web. And that is a unilateral hate towards Call of Duty. And don't get me wrong, Call of duty is not a masterpiece, but I don't think it deserves the hate it recieves. So why do you hate it? I have some theories of my own, like, it does everything wrong in videogames (season passes, paid dlc, annual release) and gets away with it becoming each year one of the most if not the most succesful game (in terms of sale) of that respective year. But I would like to hear it from you; why do you hate COD?
    the main reason is that gamers hate bro gamers and mobile gamers.

the vast majority of people who buy call of duty are bro dude gamers.

you used to see the same sort of hatred towards sports games, and you've started to see it aimed at titles like assassins creed

its also the min reason gamers hate gamestop, they market their ads almost exclusively to this bro dude demographic.

microsoft also gets alot of flakk for it which is why you see so many doritoz and mtn dew memes about xbox
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

7+ Year Old Account
    I hate CoD because.... Its a complecated mess, that is the same game as the last CoD game. CoD 4 was as complicated as any shooter should be and all the games after that, became too much BS. Too many perks and killing streak mayham destroyed the genre for me. I do still play CoD 4 now and then, and its good. Then i look at CoD 5 or the new black ops, and i just get tired by looking at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I hate CoD because.... Its a complecated mess, that is the same game as the last CoD game. CoD 4 was as complicated as any shooter should be and all the games after that, became too much BS. Too many perks and killing streak mayham destroyed the genre for me. I do still play CoD 4 now and then, and its good. Then i look at CoD 5 or the new black ops, and i just get tired by looking at it.

CoD 5 (World at war) was amazing. I loved every cod game until after black ops 1. Black ops 2 was okay and i'm going to buy black ops 3 just to try it. But man I want W@W back.
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Same reason I hate Assassin's creed, simply too much milking.

Gameplay wise, I don't like Black ops 3 simply due to how fast the game is and how close people are and how precise and deadly the weapons are, etc. It feels awkward that I never see an enemy on my screen for more than a second or two.
    I still play stuff like UT99 and Medal of Honor Allied assault instead

I'm a big fan of UT, while futuristic, it had weapons that were not terribly accurate and you had to know and navigate the map to be able to get kills, to find players, etc. It's a bit weird to say I consider UT slow paced nowadays for a FPS.

On a sidenote I still did not try unreal tournament 4 alpha even though it's free to download, I probably should xD
    Last edited by DarkAztaroth; 2016-01-12 at 06:17 AM.

From a gameplay standpoint, nothing has changed in 10 years but the graphics. All the game modes/weapons/ideas for new stuff were already thought of and implemented in other places. The graphics are gorgeous in these new ones, but that doesn't add a terrible amount of gameplay value. The same goes for the new battlefront/halo/whatever. I used to love competitive shooters. Unreal...Quake 2... but once the modding scene grew for the PC, huge, wonderful things were added by the community for FREE. They designed things they're using in modern games long before these publishers did it. So for me... games like Nexuiz and rocket league(not a shooter) beat out games like battlefield and call of duty from a competitive standpoint. They offer a far more balanced system with a better community.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Because it's mindless run and gun. I watched a world series game and it was literally the same shit you see in random, public games.

I love it. It's always a reliably fun game. It's pretty much always the same tho, but that's fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually enjoy the COD series, its the community of people playing it that I (largely) can't stand.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absurd priced season passes which offer little content for their cost.
    Yearly release, which actually offers little in the way of changes (other than graphics when they finally moved on to Current Gen.
    It's full of pubesent teenage boys who love to rage and abuse people.
    Quick-scoping and camping.

That's not to say that I avoid them.
    I've purchased MW2 (my first), BLOPS 1 and AW. And may purchase BLOPS3 if I find it cheap enough on my Second Hand gaming page.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

It's boring, flat, and creatively sterile.

1. Because it's boring. Number one reason, right here.
    2. Because people obsess over it like it's god's gift to mankind.
    3. Because it shovels out a yearly release with ridiculously overpriced DLC.
    4. Because, like most generic FPS games, it has a toxic community.
    5. The gameplay is overly tedious at times. (In order to elaborate, this would require more detail than I am willing to put into this thread right now.)

I could think of more reasons, but these are probably the top ones that people will understand.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2016-01-12 at 06:57 AM.

It's the Transformers of video games.

The community pretty much makes me stay away
    Professor Johnston often said that if you didn't know history, you didn't know anything. You were a leaf that didn't know it was part of a tree. ~Michael Crichton, Timeline

Because they sell exactly the same product every year for the amount of money it's not worth. Same reason why I hate assassin's creed. Overpriced, overrated pieces of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Because I lived it, I don't want to play a video game of it.
    possibly the most cringeworthy thing i've ever read

Quote Originally Posted by methz View Post
    So all veterans are gringe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because reddit, /v/ gamefaqs, youtube told me to

Quote Originally Posted by methz View Post
    What a childish response.

Forcing matchmaking on PC players when ad-hoc hosting is garbage. Especially if you had a good host and they leave, then it migrates to someone with like 150 ping or something. As you mentioned, that it's a 10M+ seller for each same-as-the-year-before variant. Lots of cheese perk/loadout builds that allow for borderline griefing instead of actual skill. Maybe this has changed, but when I played MW2 you had shit like people camping a corner for a 25 kill streak and nuking the map on a domination map for a "win". And last but not least, the gameplay promoting "warm body" gameplay aka RNG weaponry that seeks to average out encounters instead of rewarding the better player.

Honorable mention to 4hr "campaigns" and with the yearly churn of CoD, you're almost forced to buy the new one to find anyone to play with.

Oh yeah, and can't forget the cancerous community as well. This has also become a problem in TF2 in recent years. 95% of people seem to either be terrible, or vets that are trolls/griefers.
    Last edited by stellvia; 2016-01-12 at 07:25 AM.