Why are racist and islamophobic threads allowed on here?

I don't get it.

Homophobic threads are closed instantly.

However when it comes to saying negative things about minorities or religion, it's allowed to go on.

For example : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ghtclub/page17

Is allowed to go on for 17 pages even though it is almost certainly gang related.
    Instead the title is "Muslims open fire" ??
    That's acceptable on here.

What if there's a school shooting and someone labels it "white christian shoots up a school"
    That would certainly be closed.

Similarly, there are so many racist comments in OT forum. It reminds me of a white nationalist forum like Stormfront.

I don't get why the Mods don't do something about it.

It really is sickening that such hate and vile comments are allowed on here. I get that the forum is mostly white and mostly male but seriously, is that a reason to allow such behavior on here? It's pretty scary that in the thread I linked, you have mods and global mods posting but not even editing the title or locking it.

For shame.

Being anti religion is one thing and is fine, but judging a person based on it is wrong, unless they are using it to justify doing wrong.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2016-01-12 at 05:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A few people making racist posts doesn't warrant ending a discussion in most cases. I feel like it's better to discuss these topics and refute racism than it is to simply end the debate.

Censorship should generally be used as a tool of last resort. And besides, these people are generally being infracted or banned. So action is already being taken.

10+ Year Old Account
    lololol if you think this forum is anything close to Stormfront.

As for "Muslims shoot up nightclub" it's apparently accurate title, as the shooters were in fact Muslim. Sure, the title could be a little less inflammatory, but it's not islamophobic
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

while i disagree with most posts, they have the right to post their opinions on a public forum. that is the basis of a free society

Sounds a bit like "everyone who disagrees with me is racist and phobic!"

Political correctness is a cancer that has to be removed.

There are plenty of places for you to go if all you want is an echo chamber.

Could be a troll post, could be totaly serious. I never know with SJW rethoric.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    *snip*
    If the title is inaccurate then report it and tell them how it is inaccurate. However, it appears that the title is absolutely accurate, which begs the question. Why should they edit it?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Because words "racist" and "islamophobic" are used to describe everything that is not praise to minorities in the world even when said minorities could perhaps clean up their house a little bit. Ofcourse people like are incapable of processing that idea and instead of actually having a discusssion with some of us and perhaps responding with "Why do you think so" or "Maybe I am wrong on some level" you just spam those 2 words to the point of making them lose their meaning.

Criticism is not hate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    A few people making racist posts doesn't warrant ending a discussion in most cases. I feel like it's better to discuss these topics and refute racism than it is to simply end the debate.

Censorship should generally be used as a tool of last resort. And besides, these people are generally being infracted or banned. So action is already being taken.
    This. If you want an echo chamber OP, the internet is a huge place to find it. I'm just as much against bigotry/racism as the next guy, but the correlation between this site and say... Stormfront some posters like to make is disingenuous. Racist posts will get their infractions as they should, but shutting down debates altogether is just shitty. I'd rather argue points, maybe learn something new, or change someone's stance/opinion rather than outright shunning ideas.

Plus, a lot of the "racist" comments around here tend to be just shitty opinions worded horribly, or just comments people disagree with and label "racist" in order to back out of debating. Aside from a handful of posters, this website's forum goers are tame as fuck. I find it more ridiculous that some criticism on a topic instantly garners pitchforks and flaming pyres for going against the grain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    lololol if you think this forum is anything close to Stormfront.

As for "Muslims shoot up nightclub" it's apparently accurate title, as the shooters were in fact Muslim. Sure, the title could be a little less inflammatory, but it's not islamophobic
    That is what I read out of it, so there isn't really anything wrong with the thread.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post

Indeed.

The thread the OP mentions probably should be re-titled, though, as the current title is clearly meant to imply that they did it because they're muslim, rather than them being muslim being incidental to what they did.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Threads about Muslims and Islam can be acceptable in the context of a major current event, such as the one you linked.

Racist posting, however, is not allowed, but there is a fine line to walk here. You can be negative about Muslims, Islam, terrorism, Christians, and anything else without being racist. It's when you start using pejorative terms and talk as if another ethnic or religious group is inferior to you that you cross the line.

If you feel a post crosses the line, report it to us. We'll look at the report and evaluate it, and, if we feel it breaks our rules, we'll infract it. If it doesn't, we won't. That isn't endorsement of racism and that isn't an endorsement of trolling, it's just that we don't see the post in the same light as you do.

You're welcome to PM a global mod for any further clarification.