10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry Trump and Hillary supporters, it's not a lost cause. We still have very many months to annoy you. BTW, can we share candy bars?

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    They haven't been growing, they just scream louder now that social media is there to aid them.

Being anti-"establishment"/government is embedded in our countries culture/founding. These people have always existed and will always exist.
    More and more riots and protests across the country you choose to ignore. The mainstream media also has chosen to largely ignore protesting. It will continue to grow until people can't ignore it any more - that's how it always happens until change occurs.

Social media wasn't blocking traffic, "annoying everybody with their lame protest about civil rights."

Deleted

Wasserman Schultz lying through her teeth again in favor of her friend Shillary. "She isn't even a target of this investigation"... Right. Also, trying to downplay the fact that the FBI Director himself said that there's no such thing as a "security inquiry", which is the bullshit term Hillary has been using herself, but that it's an investigation.

Trying to downplay the possible indictment as long as she can so the superdelegates don't start jumping ship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sydano just keeps spewing TYT crap, despite most of this thread including the maker disagreeing with the videos and them being false/biased.

Also biden isn't hopping in, considering he said "I'm confident Hillary Clinton will be the democratic nominee and I'm confident she'll be President"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Sydano just keeps spewing TYT crap, despite most of this thread including the maker disagreeing with the videos and them being false/biased.

Also biden isn't hopping in, considering he said "I'm confident Hillary Clinton will be the democratic nominee and I'm confident she'll be President"
    I'm not going to claim Biden is definitely jumping in, or that he'll definitely stay out of it. I'll personally be considering it an unlikely scenario going forward, but I certainly wouldn't rule it out simply because of that quote. That's just Biden playing really, really safe and basic politics.

I mean, it is a bit weird that all of this Biden-talk is surfacing now, for sure, but it could just be some wishful thinking from the pundits and reporters who want something dramatic to talk about leading into the convention, since I get the impression most of them aren't overly inclined to talk and speculate about Sanders' campaign at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicalcrab View Post
    I'm not going to claim Biden is definitely jumping in, or that he'll definitely stay out of it. I'll personally be considering it an unlikely scenario going forward, but I certainly wouldn't rule it out simply because of that quote. That's just Biden playing really, really safe and basic politics.

I mean, it is a bit weird that all of this Biden-talk is surfacing now, for sure, but it could just be some wishful thinking from the pundits and reporters who want something dramatic to talk about leading into the convention, since I get the impression most of them aren't overly inclined to talk and speculate about Sanders' campaign at the moment.
    She's not getting indicted, you can't hop into the race when it's practically over...

The only way this would ever work is if Clinton was indicted, and he throws his name into it, the super delegates switch to Biden, leaving a contested convention, leaving the pledged delegates to become unpledged and then elect biden.....

im not even sure delegates can become unpledged in the DNC...

but if so, that's his only shot.

And i'm not sure they'd all sway to biden rather than bernie, as it'd out-rage far too many people to take the person who won 0 votes over the person who still won millions (even if it was millions less than Clinton, Biden has 0 votes)

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly don't know how this race would have ended if Biden had entered....

Sanders could have possibly won. But it's hard to say. I think Clinton and Biden may have been fighting over the same voters, while sanders still had his base.

10+ Year Old Account
    She's not getting indicted, you can't hop into the race when it's practically over...

The only way this would ever work is if Clinton was indicted, and he throws his name into it, the super delegates switch to Biden, leaving a contested convention, leaving the pledged delegates to become unpledged and then elect biden.....

im not even sure delegates can become unpledged in the DNC...

but if so, that's his only shot.

And i'm not sure they'd all sway to biden rather than bernie, as it'd out-rage far too many people to take the person who won 0 votes over the person who still won millions (even if it was millions less than Clinton, Biden has 0 votes)

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly don't know how this race would have ended if Biden had entered....

Sanders could have possibly won. But it's hard to say. I think Clinton and Biden may have been fighting over the same voters, while sanders still had his base.
    Mmhm, I'm not going to argue against any of your points because I more or less agree (aside from the indictment point. I'm not privy to any information about the investigation so I'm hesitant to rule it out just yet), although I wouldn't put it past the democratic party to be unbelievably stupid about their convention.
    And maybe I'm biased since I've been a long-time fan of Sanders, but I have a bad feeling that if Clinton becomes the nominee she'll come out of the contested convention as a wounded candidate ripe for attacks, fair or not. Like, for example, I don't particularly enjoy worrying that her Wall Street speeches will be leaked in the middle of the general elections, or somesuch.
    While they're mostly artificial ones, to be fair, scandals do tend to follow her around.

Maybe that's enough of a reason for some superdelegates to consider switching to a different candidate, be it Biden or Sanders, but I doubt it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicalcrab View Post
    Mmhm, I'm not going to argue against any of your points because I more or less agree (aside from the indictment point. I'm not privy to any information about the investigation so I'm hesitant to rule it out just yet), although I wouldn't put it past the democratic party to be unbelievably stupid about their convention.
    And maybe I'm biased since I've been a long-time fan of Sanders, but I have a bad feeling that if Clinton becomes the nominee she'll come out of the contested convention as a wounded candidate ripe for attacks, fair or not. Like, for example, I don't particularly enjoy worrying that her Wall Street speeches will be leaked in the middle of the general elections, or somesuch.
    While they're mostly artificial ones, to be fair, scandals do tend to follow her around.

Maybe that's enough of a reason for some superdelegates to consider switching to a different candidate, be it Biden or Sanders, but I doubt it.
    I think the wall st speeches are worse against sanders than trump to start.

But it was already said that the FBI has not found any criminal charges against Clinton yet, sure it's not over -- But she won't be indicted.

Obama and Biden speaking of her lately and basically saying she will be president, is a pretty big sign.

It would take an indictment at this point to stop clinton, that's all there is to it. And it's far far far unlikely at this point.

I don't get it. What part of Sydanyo's post was "TYT crap". There's no such thing as a "security inquiry", it is an investigation, and Hillary is the target of it. She *is* downplaying it, perhaps not to reassure superdelegates, but to reassure her current and possible voters.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Zetharl View Post
    I don't get it. What part of Sydanyo's post was "TYT crap". There's no such thing as a "security inquiry", it is an investigation, and Hillary is the target of it. She *is* downplaying it, perhaps not to reassure superdelegates, but to reassure her current and possible voters.
    She is using the exact language of the inspector general. This is so stupid. Now she is "lying" because she repeated a statement from someone involved in the investigation? So now it is "Clinton's term"? I can't believe TYT doesn't remember this. Especially since they have had a hard on for the thought of her being indicted.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...lary-clinton-/

In July 2015, the Inspector General of the Intelligence Community sent what is called a security referral to members of the executive branch. A security referral is essentially a notification that classified information might exist in a location outside of the government’s possession. In this case, the location was Clinton’s private email server.

Soon after, the New York Times incorrectly reported that the inspectors general requested a criminal investigation into Clinton’s email use — as opposed to a security referral. But the newspaper later issued two corrections. The referral was in connection with Clinton’s account, not whether Clinton herself mishandled information, and did not allege criminal activity.

Officials told reporters at the time that the FBI was not targeting Clinton specifically.

As part of its inquiry, the FBI has looked into the security setup for Clinton’s home server and a thumb drive that has copies of Clinton’s work emails. But most details of the investigation have remained secret. It’s even unclear at this point whether the FBI probe is just a preliminary inquiry or if it has evolved into a true investigation, according to Politico.

Describing the inquiry, FBI Director James Comey told Congress in October 2015, "The FBI is working on a referral given to us by inspectors general in connection with former Sec. Clinton’s use of a private email server."

Our ruling

Bush said Clinton is "under investigation with the FBI right now."

Not quite. The FBI is conducting a general inquiry into the security of Clinton’s private email server. But law enforcement officials have said Clinton herself is not the target of the inquiry, and it is not a full-blown criminal investigation.

Clinton’s actions are clearly front-and-center in an FBI investigation. But Bush goes too far to claim Clinton herself is under investigation. We rate his statement Half True.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    She is using the exact language of the inspector general.
    I'm reading "general inquiry" (politifact's words) and "security referral".
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

I'm reading "general inquiry" (politifact's words) and "security referral".
    So are you going to argue around the periphery or are you going to actually address the debunked issue in the video?

http://mediamatters.org/research/201...l-probe/210384

I don't get it. What part of Sydanyo's post was "TYT crap".
    TYT videos are for high school and college mental midgets. I'm an adjunct history professor who teaches English speaking students in Japan. Many of my students are poly sci or PE majors who watch these videos and do nothing but talk about Bernie Sanders, Noam Chomsky, their dislike of capitalism, etc. They view the entire world through the lens of social justice and judge every issue based on how what group is marginalized.

I even had a student one time who argued that the only reason Nazi Germany rose was because income inequality was too high in the Weimar Republic.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    So are you going to argue around the periphery
    You: She's using the inspector general's exact language.
    Me: But she literally isn't.
    You: Periphery!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    words
    Thank you for not answering the question, using Trump-level insults, and complaining that your history students are ill-informed on history.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Thank you for not answering the question, using Trump-level insults, and complaining that your history students are ill-informed on history.
    I don't care enough to look back and criticize one of those person's posts. They put these crap videos up on every page in my thread and I'm giving my reasons why I dislike it. Nothing in my post was an insult and none of it was a "trump-level insult".

You: She's using the inspector general's exact language.
    Me: But she literally isn't.
    You: Periphery!
    Don't expect logic from the flock.

I don't care enough to look back and criticize one of those person's posts. They put these crap videos up on every page in my thread and I'm giving my reasons why I dislike it. Nothing in my post was an insult and none of it was a "trump-level insult".
    I'm not sure what gave you the impression this was your thread as if you had control over content. Not really how things work, cupcake.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    I'm not sure what gave you the impression this was your thread as if you had control over content. Not really how things work, cupcake.
    I made it so I think I can voice my opinion on the content of it as I've read every page of it.

I made it so I think I can voice my opinion on the content of it as I've read every page of it.
    Feel free to voice your opinion, just don't expect anyone else to care.

Probably one of THE most adorable things i've read on here. You have no control of it's content or even it's trajectory. This isn't YOUR thread, it's a thread you started and that's where you end and the thread begins. You've filled this thread with "Ermagerd this is my thread!" since it started. And not only that but you've gone to other threads to try to bully people to come this one.

Get over yourself, seriously. You ain't all that uhmkay.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Feel free to voice your opinion, just don't expect anyone else to care.
    Yeah TYT is clearly great, I'm obviously the only person here who thinks that spamming the thread with the absolute lowest of liberal media is a bad thing.