Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    What makes you believe you will survive those 4 years?
    Bayesian priors. The likelihood of any politicians creating any serious jeopardy for the life of people like me is quite low.

- - - Updated - - -

Watching Sanders supporters jump to the even loonier Jill Stein is pretty telling when it comes to where their generally crankish sensibilities lie. Have fun with at y'all.

People desperate to deny reality continue to cling to false hope.

If people really try to sell Jill Stein, I'd hate to see how 2020 is going to top this election cycle.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Bayesian priors. The likelihood of any politicians creating any serious jeopardy for the life of people like me is quite low.

- - - Updated - - -

Watching Sanders supporters jump to the even loonier Jill Stein is pretty telling when it comes to where their generally crankish sensibilities lie. Have fun with at y'all.
    If I'm not mistaken, more have actually moved to Gary Johnson, rather than Jill Stein.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Considering their actions those people were extremely unlikely to vote Clinton anyway, I don't see the loss

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Hmf...Bernie's platform has become Hillary's. Doesn't sound like Bernie lost if he got her to lean further Left.
    Many of Bernies standpoints were also Hillary's tho hers were often of a slightly lower but more attainable standpoint.

Plus the platform is just pointless PR anyway, the candidates are in now way obligated to follow it in anyway.

Same for Trump and some of the dumb shit that got put in the Republican platform
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, more have actually moved to Gary Johnson, rather than Jill Stein.
    Great. Now that all mighty tide of Hillary opposing votes is split between 2-3 candidates. Isn't making yourself irrelevant fun?

are u guys feeling the bern yet this guy is the greatest con artist ever he conned suckers out of millions
    mr pickles

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Great. Now that all mighty tide of Hillary opposing votes is split between 2-3 candidates. Isn't making yourself irrelevant fun?
    I'm not trying to prevent Hillary from winning. I would have preferred Bernie. I might prefer Gary Johnson (remains to be seen). Beyond that, Jill/Hillary/Donald are all pretty much equal in my book - not because Donald isn't shitty - but because he's shitty in different ways than Hillary.

I get the impression Jill never expected as much attention as she's getting, and isn't ready to be in this much of a spotlight - but Gary is leaping at the opportunity from what I can tell: and he's going for the true libertarian position, which includes maximizing social liberties like gay rights, drug legalization, abortion, etc.

I don't have a candidate in the race anymore, whoever wins is just a different flavor of suck as far as I'm concerned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gyrados View Post
    are u guys feeling the bern yet this guy is the greatest con artist ever he conned suckers out of millions
    You mean Bernie, whose average donation was (and continues to be) all of $27?

Or do you mean all the failed candidates on the GOP side, who literally did take millions from single donors, through super PACs, and gave them jack in return? Or do you mean Hillary, who gets paid a quarter of a million for a speech, and who then, according to all people speaking for Hillary, doesn't give any favors in return?

So who, exactly, is the "greatest con artist", again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    You mean Bernie, whose average donation was (and continues to be) all of $27?

Or do you mean all the failed candidates on the GOP side, who literally did take millions from single donors, through super PACs, and gave them jack in return? Or do you mean Hillary, who gets paid a quarter of a million for a speech, and who then, according to all people speaking for Hillary, doesn't give any favors in return?

So who, exactly, is the "greatest con artist", again?
    Bernie spent $220 million dollars. All you got was a Hillary endorsement and a lousy bumper sticker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Bernie spent $220 million dollars.
    That's irrelevant. No single person gave him $220 million. People gave him a few bucks here, a few hundred there, to an average of $27. Nobody lost big.

Unlike a) on the GOP side where megamillionaires and billionaires lost huge (which is fine, if you think about it), and b) after speeches given by Hillary, when she banks a quarter of a million, and gives nothing of value in return.

All you got was a Hillary endorsement and a lousy bumper sticker.
    You're free to think that's all he managed to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not trying to prevent Hillary from winning.
    That's what you're functionally doing.

Sure, a bipartisan system sucks, but it's a fait accompli and incredibly irresponsible to pretend otherwise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post

Sure, a bipartisan system sucks, but it's a fait accompli and incredibly irresponsible to pretend otherwise.
    And if you are a Bernie voter who is planning to not vote, that is equally true.

So anyone who isn't voting for Hillary, is as you see it, attempting to prevent her from winning: there's no middle ground - you either for Hillary, or you're against her?

Deleted
    there's no middle ground - you either for Hillary, or you're against her?
    Why do you think her slogan is "I'm with her"?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post

So if it's either you are with her or your with Trump is it fair to say you endorse or want whatever I'll things Hillary does while in office?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Bernie spent $220 million dollars. All you got was a Hillary endorsement and a lousy bumper sticker.
    And now her fighting for $15 minimum wage, tuition free college and a return of the public option healthcare.

But feel free to ignore those facts...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    And now her fighting for $15 minimum wage, tuition free college and a return of the public option healthcare.

But feel free to ignore those facts...
    Shhh don't tell the berniebusters. Their cognitive dissonance is the butter for my popcorn.