Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    The whites in America are pissed off on both sides. The sissies are swinging hard left and the heroes are swinging hard right.
    That weird since we have no one swinging on the left. Sanders is politically a centralist from what I have read on the international scale. The US has just slid so far to the right over the years that they can't even see the center anymore. So politically we have one centralist and differing degrees of right leaning.

But going just by the american scale.

We have the working class heroes and the bleeding hearts swinging the US left with the working class going for Sanders and the Bleeding Hearts going for Clinton (vagina trumps track record I guess) then on the US right we have the wealthy voting to protect their interests and ability to exploit workers, the religious, the war hawks, and many groups hoping to sell the government on more private contracts attempting to extract money from the government.

But honestly, calling the democrats left wing because they are left of the republicans is about like calling Tennessee west coast because it is west of North Carolina.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

7+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    What a moronic statement. I think that proves precisely how serious we are about our candidate and policies.
    Maybe your candidate, but not the policies.

But, whatever. Let's say you get 50% of what you want with Hillary (I think it's more, but you probably don't, so I'll go with 50). And 5% with Trump. Why the flying fuck would you not vote for 50% over 5% since 100% isn't an option?

Unless you think they're the same, at which point, have a nice day. There's no convincing you.

Quote Originally Posted by Thogwar View Post
    Maybe your candidate, but not the policies.

But, whatever. Let's say you get 50% of what you want with Hillary (I think it's more, but you probably don't, so I'll go with 50). And 5% with Trump. Why the flying fuck would you not vote for 50% over 5% since 100% isn't an option?

Unless you think they're the same, at which point, have a nice day. There's no convincing you.
    I'm not even going to bother answering such an asinine hypothetical.

I'm not even going to bother answering such an asinine hypothetical.
    Reality isn't asinine because you don't like it. But sure, fuck over everyone because you're super butthurt your guy didn't win.

Jill Stein or Bernie are not going to win. You have a choice of bread or nothing and you choose nothing because you want the steak dinner.

isnt bernie out of the race right now?

from what i've read on the bbc (british huehue) it's hillary vs trump and afaik trump has the the edge because there's no-one backing his campaign apart from himself? idk

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post

from what i've read on the bbc (british huehue) it's hillary vs trump and afaik trump has the the edge because there's no-one backing his campaign apart from himself? idk
    So people who are realistic, yes, he is likely done.

To Bernie Sanders supporters, winning even a single delegate in each primary is a "MAJOR VICTORY" and a "REVOLUTION IN THE MAKING."

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post

Sanders is down with very little chance of winning. But he isn't dropping out of the race and is holding on. Overall he either wants to win the race (which is doubtful at this point unless Clinton ends up indicted for something or they discover voting fraud) and if he can't win, he hopes to take it to convention with his delegates and control the platform some.

Overall, if it comes down to Trump or Clinton, I will just write Sanders name in. Not throwing my vote away on Clinton or Trump.

Edit: And I don't think they would air voting fraud even if discovered. Hell, the had an investigator in Florida end up murdered back in the Bush years.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Reality isn't asinine because you don't like it. But sure, fuck over everyone because you're super butthurt your guy didn't win.

Jill Stein or Bernie are not going to win. You have a choice of bread or nothing and you choose nothing because you want the steak dinner.
    Don't be mad at me, be mad at Hillary for being such a smug, unlikable bitch. And btw, it's not even just "me", according to basically every poll done in the last year more people do not like her than do. That isn't our fault.

If anything, I'm writing in Bernie's name in the general.
    Last edited by Mavick; 2016-04-26 at 04:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Both parties are actually quite divided in this race.
    Because both parties have the same issue, and that people believe they're both bought.

Bernie or Bust is such a childish movement. Anyone who subscribes to it has proven to not be a serious person.
    We have the Republicans pointing out hand size to penis ratio, and democrats with Hillary Email scandal and her paid speeches. If this is serious business then I'm voting for Deez Nuts.

Don't be mad at me, be mad at Hillary for being such a smug, unlikable bitch.
    I hope you never complain about gridlock or partisanship, because you contribute to it.

I hope you never complain about gridlock or partisanship, because you contribute to it.
    Seeing as how I've never voted for a Republican congressperson, try again.

Seeing as how I've never voted for a Republican congressperson, try again.
    Your overarching ideology. If everyone, left and right, had your same style of thinking and voting, nothing would ever get done. It just so happens that there are less purists on the left than the right.
    Last edited by McCulloch; 2016-04-26 at 04:53 PM.

Your overarching ideology. If everyone, left and right, had your same style of thinking and voting, nothing would ever get done. It just so happens that there are less purists on the left than the right.
    Again with the shitty hypothetical, you just can't help yourself can you.

Don't you guys WANT a candidate who is willing to change their minds on issues? There isn't any evidence that Hillary has ever had any malicious intent or that her "flip-flops" aren't sincere. It's just pure speculation. It doesn't matter though. You REALLY think she's going to end gay marriage?

I'd rather a candidate panders to me than flat out goes against my beliefs. Let's say for all intents and purposes, Hillary vehemently hates gays (untrue and has been untrue forever). I literally DO NOT CARE, as long as she does nothing to encroach upon their rights, which all the evidence points to that she won't.

You people are too rigid. You will never be satisfied. You don't want change. You don't want people to agree with you. You just want to keep that moral pedestal so you can shut others down. This is a COMMON thread among Sanders and his supporters.

In other words, if Cruz/Trump is elected and gets a conservative supreme court justice in and overturns the gay marriage ruling or deports millions of Hispanics, I better not hear ANY Sanders supporters complaining when they either voted for Trump out of spite or did not vote at all.

I don't think many of you realize, that with a majority republican house/senate, there is a VERY real chance that any of Trump/Cruz's crazy ideas WILL pass and become reality. That's why ensuring that they are NOT nominated is an utmost priority. Not only because they are terrible people/candidates, but because their ideas, as crazy as they are, have a good chance of becoming reality.
    Last edited by infinitemeridian; 2016-04-26 at 05:04 PM.

Again with the shitty hypothetical, you just can't help yourself can you.
    I don't even see how the first was a shitty hypothetical considering Hillary and Trump (or Cruz, it really doesn't matter on the GOP side) will be the nominee and one is more of what you want than the other. I can see a vague argument for the second one, but not really.

But, there's no point in engaging anymore. You obviously are fine with cutting off your own nose to spite your face. I hope it gets you all fuzzy inside knowing you're throwing your vote away.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Don't you guys WANT a candidate who is willing to change their minds on issues? There isn't any evidence that Hillary has ever had any malicious intent or that her "flip-flops" aren't sincere. It's just pure speculation. It doesn't matter though. You REALLY think she's going to end gay marriage?

I'd rather a candidate panders to me than flat out goes against my beliefs. Let's say for all intents and purposes, Hillary vehemently hates gays (untrue and has been untrue forever). I literally DO NOT CARE, as long as she does nothing to encroach upon their rights, which all the evidence points to that she won't.

You people are too rigid. You will never be satisfied. You don't want change. You don't want people to agree with you. You just want to keep that moral pedestal so you can shut others down. This is a COMMON thread among Sanders and his supporters.
    Example:
    My mother
    70ish years old
    Didn't support gay marriage all her life
    Switched to supporting it after I came out and made her question her beliefs
    Now a proud member of PFLAG

Hillary Clinton
    68 years old
    Switched to supporting it after befriending more gay people and questioning her beliefs
    FLIP-FLOPPING, PANDERING MONSTER
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post

In other words, if Cruz/Trump is elected and gets a conservative supreme court justice in and overturns the gay marriage ruling or deports millions of Hispanics, I better not hear ANY Sanders supporters complaining when they either voted for Trump out of spite or did not vote at all.

I don't think many of you realize, that with a majority republican house/senate, there is a VERY real chance that any of Trump/Cruz's crazy ideas WILL pass and become reality. That's why ensuring that they are NOT nominated is an utmost priority. Not only because they are terrible people/candidates, but because their ideas, as crazy as they are, have a good chance of becoming reality.
    Do I mind a candidate who changes his mind on the issues over time in office? No. But when they change their mind whenever it is opportune for them to do so it calls into question if that change in opinion is sincere or just to get your vote which then leads you to question if they will follow through with that when they get in office or will they convieniently change their mind again or forget about it entirely when it is no longer important to them get into power anymore.

When they pander to you like that, there is a good chance they will go against your beliefs when they no longer need to pander to you as that isn't part of their belief.

I can't comment for others here. But I wouldn't vote for her and it isn't because I am too rigid, it is because what is important to me, isn't important to her and there is a huge chance it will get ignored or made worse when she gets into power because she doesn't want to fix it.

Many of us don't want to vote to keep things broken which Hillary stances would do. If people were voting to fix things or keep them the same, they would vote to fix them with pleasure but you aren't asking that, you are asking them to choose between keeping shit in the same broken state as now and possibly making them slightly better or worse or flat out burning it all to the ground forcing a rebuild and you really can't get too many people motivated into voting which bad decision they prefer the least.

I know it is the publics responsibility to vote for their leader but it is their responsibility to give us something worth voting for and thus far they have refused to do so and attempted to kneecap any politician attempting to.

I don't even see how the first was a shitty hypothetical considering Hillary and Trump (or Cruz, it really doesn't matter on the GOP side) will be the nominee and one is more of what you want than the other. I can see a vague argument for the second one, but not really.

But, there's no point in engaging anymore. You obviously are fine with cutting off your own nose to spite your face. I hope it gets you all fuzzy inside knowing you're throwing your vote away.
    It was shitty in the fact that ultimately it meant nothing. Even if Bernie tells supporters to support her, alot of us won't because we just don't fucking like her or trust her. She could literally say she's taking up his entire platform and we'd laugh because we'd know she's full of shit. That's why it was a shitty hypothetical.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Example:
    My mother
    70ish years old
    Switched to supporting it after I came out and made her question her beliefs
    Now a proud member of PFLAG

Hillary Clinton
    68 years old
    Switched to supporting it after befriending more gay people and questioning her beliefs
    FLIP-FLOPPING, PANDERING MONSTER
    Yes, because we're all so sure she "switched to supporting it after befriending more gay people and questioning her beliefs". It obviously had nothing to do with the fact that most Americans feel a person should be able to marry whoever they want.

Deleted
    Don't you guys WANT a candidate who is willing to change their minds on issues?
    I'd want someone who gets it right the first time.
    If i'm an employer and i have to choose between two candidate, one who made several mistakes long ago but now realizes it was wrong and changed his/her mind and another who had the foresight to see the consequences before making a decision then i'd pick the latter.

This topic continues to amaze me where you guys are trying to spin things like Hillary's vote on the Iraq war as a positive. I'm not sure if you realize this but you are trying to convince people that her view on the invasion of Iraq and the subsequent realization of that mistake is one of her STRENGTHS. This fact in your mind makes her BETTER than a man who predicted and explained why such an invasion is detrimental to pretty much everybody. But yeah, go ahead and remind me how team Bernie is detached from reality.