Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yeah. Highest Democratic turnout since 1992, except for 2008, and it's "abysmal". Sure, OK bub.
    But it's a joke compared to 2008 - and undercuts the idea that Sanders has ignited a revolution.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    General gist of this election seems to be Trump vs Clinton.
    So, would you rather eat a live chicken whole or have it shoved up your ass? Seems like an apt analogy of this election.

Whomever wins at that point, I will not be voting for them, not throwing my vote away like that. Will be writing Sanders name in.
    Did you vote for Obama? She is to the left of him... and every other general election candidate in the last 60+ years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Clinton rode the tide of the tech bubble, nothing he did would have changed the market. But then he took apart many acts meant to regulate the market, and pushed for banks to loan more money. He also sat by and watched Bosnia Herzegovina completely take it self apart for years before he put a stop to it.

And I don't hate Clinton either, but a fair amount of heart ache in the 10s were caused partly by him. Bush even attempted to put the breaks on some of the deregulation but failed to do so through the house. Bush's administration also had a hand in some shady shit, allowing the deregulation to continue as well.
    Tech bubble was 1997-2000. His positive results came as soon as early 1994. A few years before the bubble positively effected markets and economies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    Trump is going to get demolished. Utah, Georgia, Arizona, states that aren't even considered swing states will go to Clinton.
    Truthfully, Trump doesn't stand a chance. He's so bat shit crazy that he will disgrace the Republican party to the point where they'll feel it for decades. The two party system will become a 1 party system. Most likely call themselves a different name, and sport a new face, but with the same core values. Like a business changing its name to attract customers again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Truthfully, Trump doesn't stand a chance. He's so bat shit crazy that he will disgrace the Republican party to the point where they'll feel it for decades. The two party system will become a 1 party system. Most likely call themselves a different name, and sport a new face, but with the same core values. Like a business changing its name to attract customers again.
    I just can't wait to see Hillary to burn Trump so hard he'll refuse debates with her.

If he thinks Meghan Kelly was tough, just wait till he sees Hillary in full force.

Did you vote for Obama? She is to the left of him... and every other general election candidate in the last 60+ years.
    Did not vote during that election. I was busy with real life stuff and didn't have time for proper research of them but from what have heard, didn't Obama come up on Clinton from her left? And from what I have seen, she seems to be hugging Obama hard in what she is saying now in her debates and such.

And I was mentioning that analogy for the simple fact that she has shown no sign she really wants to fix some major issues. Issues Sanders was trying to fix, a great deal of her stuff seems to be more of the same or baby steps at best with a history that calls into question her willingness to follow through on the rhetoric if she wins.

AFK.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Deleted
    I think CT will be very close win for either of them.

Theoretically the Sanders favoring districts are almost 100% which means Hillary should be slowly going upwards.

- - - Updated - - -

Did not vote during that election. I was busy with real life stuff and didn't have time for proper research of them but from what have heard, didn't Obama come up on Clinton from her left? And from what I have seen, she seems to be hugging Obama hard in what she is saying now in her debates and such.

And I was mentioning that analogy for the simple fact that she has shown no sign she really wants to fix some major issues. Issues Sanders was trying to fix, a great deal of her stuff seems to be more of the same or baby steps at best with a history that calls into question her willingness to follow through on the rhetoric if she wins.

AFK.
    Hillary will fix issues, but with a different methodology that will not punish one group of Americans simply because of their wealth. Sanders wants to treat even the good companies and rich people badly, whilst those heavily invest into the American economy. Hillary on the other hand wants to focus on the bad ones, and want to urge the good ones to invest even more. That's what a smart leader will do, motivate the ones that care, and discourage and jail those that only care about themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Tech bubble was 1997-2000. His positive results came as soon as early 1994. A few years before the bubble positively effected markets and economies.
    Tech Bubble was 1995-2000, the market started to recover in 1992, before Clinton took office. The markets recovery was helped along by the cutting of interest rates by the federal reserve in 1992. Growth continued until early 95 when the fed returned rates to pre-cut level, and then the Tech Bubble came in.

I will say that Clinton did help cut the deficit. But so did Bush in 1990, Clinton just continued the tax increase. It's hard to say what effect if any the national deficit would have on the market. Seeing as we were at record levels on the market with record levels of national debt.
    Last edited by McFuu; 2016-04-27 at 02:08 AM.

Deleted
    There we go Hillary ahead in CT now. Going to be pretty close.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    But it's a joke compared to 2008 - and undercuts the idea that Sanders has ignited a revolution.
    It doesn't undercut anything. The only way it would undercut anything is if you'd expect that the voters were as engaged throughout 2008 to today, which they obviously haven't been, thanks to Obama having been such a disappointment as far as his high-flying rhetoric went. Obama killed any and all fire he had set under voters in 2008 thanks to walking back so much of what he promised, and walking back basically all of the promises of "hope and change", and he originally set a fire under the voters mostly thanks to the color of his skin. Partly because of his oratory skills, but the vast majority of it was because he's black.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hillary declared winner of CT if not already announced in the chat.

Clinton doesn't quite sweep, but she will probably net around 60-ish delegates if not more, meaning her lead will probably be 300+ again. Indiana will probably be close next tuesday.

Looks like this is truly the end for bernie sanders.

I've been waiting for this day for so long, and as I predicted, it's pretty much over. Such a good feeling.

AFK.
    He was to the left of her on one issue in 2008, hanging the Iraq vote on her. She even explained now that she didn't want to denounce the vote while we were still fighting the war (morale and all that). She is to the left of him on women's issues, foreign trade, economic issues, etc.. Based on their voting records when they were both in the Senate she was more liberal.

I'm curious what major issues you don't think she wants to fix? She has something to say on every issue Bernie has run on. Her solutions are different (and in some opinions, mine included, more likely to pass). But I don't see anywhere she doesn't have a proposal.

10+ Year Old Account
    From reddit "[–]BrutalGenerations [score hidden] just now
    Bernie will win California with 75 - 25.
    permalinksavereportgive goldreply"

wow. No he won't. And even if he does he still probably loses.

It's over, they need to give up with these fake impossible CA margins.

Nananana Nanananana hey hey hey goodbye

There we go Hillary ahead in CT now. Going to be pretty close.
    Given the areas still out, she has it won.

Hillary will fix issues, but with a different methodology that will not punish one group of Americans simply because of their wealth. Sanders wants to treat even the good companies and rich people badly, whilst those heavily invest into the American economy. Hillary on the other hand wants to focus on the bad ones, and want to urge the good ones to invest even more. That's what a smart leader will do, motivate the ones that care, and discourage and jail those that only care about themselves.
    Sanders method wasn't punishing the rich so much as closing a loophole abused by them.

While he did increase the tax rate for those making over 250k per year, he increased them below that point to and above that point they were arguably getting it kinda low.

His biggest change was changing capital gains to be taxed as income above 250k which needed to be done a long time ago.

Her changes are leaving things that need fixed relatively untouched.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're now hoping, the majority of them, that Clinton will be indicted. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Trump wants sanders to run as independent to split the dem vote and hand him the election, Sanders is not that dumb and wouldn't do that.

(Maybe some part of Trump realizes without that he's screwed)

Deleted
    Given the areas still out, she has it won.
    I expected it to be around a percent or less, now it seems she'll win by a few percent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    They're now hoping, the majority of them, that Clinton will be indicted. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Trump wants sanders to run as independent to split the dem vote and hand him the election, Sanders is not that dumb and wouldn't do that.

(Maybe some part of Trump realizes without that he's screwed)
    The indictment that will never happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I expected it to be around a percent or less, now it seems she'll win by a few percent.

- - - Updated - - -

The indictment that will never happen.
    Pretty much.

Also, on cnns political betting market

Total Points
    Global Rank
    1088 of 132121

Yeah i'm pretty good. Betting demographics gets you far. .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Nananana Nanananana hey hey hey goodbye
    ...and say welcome to president Trump.