Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

"Jews in Marseille urged not to wear skullcaps"

Or so an important jewish leader in Marseille says.
    http://www.thelocal.fr/20160112/mars...ring-skullcaps

The president of the Marseille Israelite Consistory, Zvi Ammar, said that it was an "exceptional decision".

"Life is more sacred than anything else. We are now forced to hide a little bit," he told the AFP, adding that the move made him "sick to the stomach".

But shortly after the country's chief rabbi Haim Korsia, told Jews in France to ignore the call from Ammar and continue wearing the traditional headwear, also called the Kippah.

"We should not give an inch, we should continue wearing the kippah," Korsia said. The warning from Ammar comes just one day after a teacher in his thirties was attacked by a teen wielding a machete.

The teacher escaped with only minor injuries. His attacker, aged 15, was caught soon after fleeing and arrested.
    The teen later claimed to have been acting in the name of Daesh, the Arabic acronym for the Islamic State group.
    Interesting is the attack itself.
    http://www.thelocal.fr/20160112/the-...chete-attacker
    Rather than having a criminal past and a history of being radicalized, the teenager who attacked a Jewish teacher with a machete was a good student, from a normal family, who showed no signs of being psychologically disturbed.
    Thoughts?
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2016-01-12 at 09:18 PM.

Woah woah woah, I thought Daesh was a an insulting slur to Isis. some kid. lol

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    hmm, as an atheist i'm a bit lost, but really ? who wants to be a ( sort of) martyr for his faith ?

“Honor is a fool's prize. Glory is of no use to the dead.” Darth Revan

sarcastic, but somewhat true ?

15+ Year Old Account
    A lot of the worst terrorists we've seen have been college educated in Europe and the US and led successful lives. It might be unusual for the common ISIS grunt, but hardly new.

This just seems like some confused kid though. Either someone radicalized him or his teenage edgy brain fucked him over.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    The teen later claimed to have been acting in the name of Daesh, the Arabic acronym for the Islamic State group.
    This kid seems highly confused, isn't Daesh a slur to the Islamic State?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    This kid seems highly confused, isn't Daesh a slur to the Islamic State?
    Deash is just another name. Anonymous made it "deashbags". I guess thats where the confusion comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Deash is just another name. Anonymous made it "deashbags". I guess thats where the confusion comes from.
    Pretty sure IS doesn't view it as another name, long before anonymous did anything with it IS came out firmly against being called Daesh for some reason.

Sad day a Jew can't wear his kippah. I can see that it's practical though.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    Woah woah woah, I thought Daesh was a an insulting slur to Isis. some kid. lol
    Daesh is just ISIS in Arabic.

10+ Year Old Account
    -face palm- juvi with religious teachings while in juvenile prison. If he does it again remove him from the country.

Jews shouldn't have to hide thier belief.

No idea how credible the source is but here's the low down on the term "Daesh".

The term “Daesh” is strategically a better choice because it is still accurate in that it spells out the acronym of the group’s full Arabic name, al-Dawla al-Islamiya fi al-Iraq wa al-Sham. Yet, at the same time, “Daesh” can also be understood as a play on words — and an insult. Depending on how it is conjugated in Arabic, it can mean anything from “to trample down and crush” to “a bigot who imposes his view on others.” Already, the group has reportedly threatened to cut out the tongues of anyone who uses the term.

If you think its a good idea to put a kippah in Iran /Iraq /Syria / Europe then don't be surprised if you get hurt.
    Jews have no place in those areas.

Either go to Israel and if you don't like it there then Canada, US, Australia and far East are still places where you can live a decent life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holas View Post
    If you think its a good idea to put a kippah in Iran /Iraq /Syria / Europe then don't be surprised if you get hurt.
    Jews have no place in those areas.

Either go to Israel and if you don't like it there then Canada, US, Australia and far East are still places where you can live a decent life.
    3/4 I understand but Europe? Wtf this isn't the 10-70s anymore man.

Local crazy person tries to kill someone with a machete for wearing a hat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Local crazy person tries to kill someone with a machete for wearing a hat.
    Yeah lets not call a spade a spade. At the same time in your alternative universe:

Local racist xenophobe bigot tries to kill someone with a machete for being arab

This is not something new, and in European cities that have a large population of muslims, jews and gays are at risk.

And in the last 2 years, there's been a worldwide increase of jews immigrating to israel.
    France in particular, in 2015 there's been a 25% increase in immigration of jews (from 4,000, to 5,100).

Also, in Israel they recommend whenever you're going abroad to some countries, to hide any indication of religion (kipas, or star of david necklace..)

Somewhat related:
    This is what happens to someone who wears a shirt with an IDF (Israeli army) symbol (it's just a common shirt, that a lot of veterans wear, since conscription is mandatory and everyone has served int he army).

https://www.facebook.com/29616371388...4110892424480/

Deleted
    remember white women at arms lenght from men and jewish men dont use your little hats and all will be fine!

In the mean time you can google Children of Kalergi

Last edited by mmoc0aa45d37f2; 2016-01-12 at 11:12 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Please stop calling them IS. They're ISIS. It's not our fault that they didn't realize the named themselves after a female goddess, which has to really sting given their culture.
    "There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through out political and culture life, nutured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" —Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspire View Post
    3/4 I understand but Europe? Wtf this isn't the 10-70s anymore man.
    Doesn't really matter what "time" it is. Europe is a dangerous place for Jews. The fact it was much worst in the 40s doesn't mean its safe.
    I can agree that if a jew travel in Europe and doesn't meet Muslims then he needs to worry only from "regular" jew/israel hatred from the locals which is usually not violent, but why take the chance?

For example I (as an Israeli Jew) can get a European passport but I don't bother as its useless for me.

Deleted
    Interesting that no one mentioned the muslim headscarf ban. Obviously it was going to be provocative to target one faith and not the ceremonial religous dress of others.