Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Race has nothing to do with the hatred for Obama in at least 75% of his haters. Its his policies. And let me tell you a little secret. Obama isnt black, he just looks it. He is actually mixed race
    So when do the dreaded "he's gunna take our gunz" and "he's gunna give poor people free stuff" policies come into effect?

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    And the White House said Trump isn't qualified. Nothing means nothing until SCOTUS says something about it. With that said it might be worth it for him to run because you better believe the Democrats are ready to sue and hold up the courts until he is irrelevant. Doesn't matter if he ultimately wins his case or not, they will drag their feet until he drops out of the election or it passes him by.

- - - Updated - - -

It would define on record what it means to be a naturalized citizen, which as we see can be vague at times.
    No way on earth do the democrats want him out of the race. The man who shut down government because he did not get his way in defunding obamacare? The man who wants to disband the IRS, the department of energy, the department of education, etc, etc? They WANT him to win the nomination. The only thing they want more is for Trump to win it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    All this does is galvanize more people against the Democrats and showcase their desperation to maintain their power.

Deny if you like, but you'll see. =)

Edit: Damnit Orlong you made me spit my coffee out. I want Trump to say that on election day now.
    Man, you're a sucker of the first order if you've actually fallen for Cruz. Really. He's precisely as conservative as it will take him to to get into positions of power.

To put it another way, he's not really a conservative. He's a TedCruz-ist. He is ambition distilled and personified. His trick has been to convince a bunch of people who really should know better, that he is the most conservative person out there, when he flat out lies about his record on conservative issues, and goes directly after others who have decades of conservative advancement under the belt (and they just call him on his shit).

Ted Cruz isn't a liberal/conservative thing, or a Democratic/Republican thing. It is a divide between people who have fallen for Ted Cruz's magic trick, where the least sincere person in the field has managed to convince some folks he is the MOST sincere, and those who knows exactly who and what he is.

I mean this isn't even a commentary on the beliefs Ted Cruz espouses, because he doesn't sincerely believe those either. This is about that guy, and his thirst for power.

It doesnt really matter. We should all just take him for his word that he is eligible with no proof as were required to do with Obama. I dont want to hear any democrats complaining about his eligibility
    The catch is that Cruz's birth certificate is definitely a foreign one. So, the no proof idea is already void.

This argument is purely a matter of academic debate, which is what the OP is an Op-Ed speaking on.

My thing with this is the irony of how Cruz was a birther knowing full well that he was born in another country, and his mother has invalidated her US citizenship in order to vote in a Canadian election.

- - - Updated - - -

Race has nothing to do with the hatred for Obama in at least 75% of his haters. Its his policies. And let me tell you a little secret. Obama isnt black, he just looks it. He is actually mixed race
    Cruz isn't white. He is actually mixed race.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wouldnt say they think its OK, I think they look at it as payback for being demonized for even daring to question the almighty Obama's eligibility
    Did you question Obama's eligibility?

So the other 25%, race has everything to do with their hatred? Or is it only a certain percentage that you could make up for us?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    I would imagine most if not all the questioning is going to be coming from Trump and his allies. Funny how he is your Avatar.

- - - Updated - - -

You do know it's the Trump Camp that for the most part has been making this an issue right?
    Im all for us questioning it. I questioned Obama too. Im just saying that people who defended Obama have no right to question Cruz. Personally I think everyone running for President be required to prove to the public that they are eligible to run (not some election official that we are supposed to just believe, that can be bribed). Of course I also believe we should be able to have access to other documentation to decide if we feel they will be able to perform the duties we are electing them to do (college transcripts/thesis, medical history, prior work history, etc..). And lastly I feel prior military service should be required

Just let him get the nomination and then get swept on the general and it won't be a problem for anyone.

Really I only call his eligibility into question because of the retards who thought Obama was some Kenyan Manchurian candidate. Cuz lulz.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2016-01-13 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    It's an opinion piece.

OT: Who gives a shit? It seems like nonsense semantics to me.
    It's an opinion piece from a constitutional scholar who specializes in the area. She has published papers on the topic. http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.c...act_id=2444766

Im all for us questioning it. I questioned Obama too. Im just saying that people who defended Obama have no right to question Cruz. Personally I think everyone running for President be required to prove to the public that they are eligible to run (not some election official that we are supposed to just believe, that can be bribed). Of course I also believe we should be able to have access to other documentation to decide if we feel they will be able to perform the duties we are electing them to do (college transcripts/thesis, medical history, prior work history, etc..). And lastly I feel prior military service should be required
    Why would you say people defending Obama should have no right to question Cruz. Obama is a natural born citizen of the USA and has provided proof numerous times. Has Cruz done the same? I don't question his birth because I assume if there was tangible proof the other candidates would be all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    It's because Obama isn't "white" but "black" so that's why it matters. Closet/open racism right there. It's okey for the white guy but not for the black guy.
    I don't know.

Obama is only half black, raised by white people.

Ted Cruz is eligible since he is U.S citizen by birth.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    It's an opinion piece from a constitutional scholar who specializes in the area. She has published papers on the topic.
    She may be a constitutional scholar, but it's still going to take more than her say-so for this to matter.

Did you question Obama's eligibility?
    I question and would question his college entrance questionnaire stating his nationality and the benefits he possibly received in stating he was a foreign student.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sure they do. The circumstances are different. I think it's silly but it appears that until there is some sort of ruling on this Cruz is gonna get bashed up and down about this by Trump.

Sure they do. The circumstances are different. I think it's silly but it appears that until there is some sort of ruling on this Cruz is gonna get bashed up and down about this by Trump.
    Oh god do I really want to see Trump take the whapping stick to Cruz.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flowering Sunset View Post
    I question and would question his college entrance questionnaire stating his nationality and the benefits he possibly received in stating he was a foreign student.
    Orly is that you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flowering Sunset View Post
    Is there really not a system in place that determines a candidate's eligibility before entering a Presidential race?
    A variety of failed birther lawsuits in 2012 made it quite clear, that no, there is no such system in place. The political parties are free to nominate whomever they want, regardless of whether or not said person is actually qualified to be President. It is simply assumed that the court of public opinion would make such a run untenable in the long run. However, what would happen if a non-qualified (vis-a-vis the various clauses in the constitution) candidate were to be elected is an entirely different thing and is open to speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Why would you say people defending Obama should have no right to question Cruz. Obama is a natural born citizen of the USA and has provided proof numerous times. Has Cruz done the same? I don't question his birth because I assume if there was tangible proof the other candidates would be all over it.
    It is well known that he was born in Canada to a mother that was a US citizen. He had dual-citizenship, which he rescinded in order to enter the Senate. There is plenty of tangible proof on his birth. The question is simply "what is a natural born citizen?" Do they have to be born on US soil (this has come up before with McCain [born on military base in Panama] and Obama [born in Hawaii to non-US citizens]), or do they need parents that are US citizens (as in the case of Cruz and McCain)?

Deleted
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationality_Act_of_1940 ... Yeah he's pretty much eligible due to his mother's status at the time of his brith (U.S Citizen) and the fact he denounced his Canadian citizenship in 2014 so he's no longer under dual citizenship, that make's him pretty much naturalized.

In anycase it's 2016 guy's... it's about time you merican's stopped following a guide book written by yokels (re: the constitution) and started a fresh.
    Last edited by mmoc5add4e95a0; 2016-01-13 at 12:17 AM.