Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Horde It's little bit dead here atm so ... 25 second assault kill. Discuss

Discuss:

Lol not quite I may be a little bit tipsy but not much pve discussion here atm so if anyone else has time on their hands...25 second mythic reaver kill.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Top dps (shockingly a mage) barely manages 640k dps. Their dk does 340k.

Is this log 'proper'? Is dk burst that much worse than everything else?

P's - he does annihilate both tanks by over 20k.
    Last edited by mmocf0b29d4c77; 2016-01-13 at 10:56 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    For an 'unstoppable juggernaut' our burst really sucks, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraeth View Post
    For an 'unstoppable juggernaut' our burst really sucks, yes.
    Which is one of the reasons why their wet dreams about "class fantasy" are irrelevant

atleast our burst is a little better than ret pally and guardian druid with soul cap and heart of the wild

Quote Originally Posted by nephzor View Post
    atleast our burst is a little better than ret pally and guardian druid with soul cap and heart of the wild
    our burst is a little better than ret pally
    Haven't laughed that hard for months. This log is irrelevant for most players because 99.999% of the playerbase will never get into such a situation (i.e. killing the Iron Reaver in less than half a minute), ok? And while BoS is basically a stronger burst than what a ret pal can do with their Sera + AW combo, rets have 3 charges of AW making up for a 1.5min burst. That being said, that ret pal would outperform the dk in the log if the fight lasted more than a minute
    Last edited by Amalkatrazz; 2016-01-14 at 03:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one here who thinks gear scaling between difficulties has gotten way out of hand? We didn't see gaps like this through entire expansions before, now the jump from heroic to mythic gear does this? What the living hell.

I mean, look at the iron reaver fight, arcane mage doing 700k, jesus.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-01-14 at 03:09 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Amalkatrazz View Post
    Haven't laughed that hard for months. This log is irrelevant for most players because 99.999% of the playerbase will never get into such a situation (i.e. killing the Iron Reaver in less than half a minute), ok? And while BoS is basically a stronger burst than what a ret pal can do with their Sera + AW combo, rets have 3 charges of AW making up for a 1.5min burst. That being said, that ret pal would outperform the dk in the log if the fight lasted more than a minute
    wow dude calm down it was sarcastic..... https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/8/ but unholy is fine, yes we're not top dps, who cares if you wanna be a mage roll a mage and stop crying about it already.
    Last edited by nephzor; 2016-01-14 at 03:18 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Might wanna get title changed to Reaver and not Assault
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

wow dude calm down it was sarcastic..... https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/8/ but unholy is fine, yes we're not top dps, who cares if you wanna be a mage roll a mage and stop crying about it already.
    First, it is the 75th percentile, I usually look at the 95th (the "legendary" zone), where our situation is not that good. Second of all, it is better not to look at the statistics in general but ilvl-based statistics - and you will notice that the higher your raid ilvl is, the shittier your DPS is compared to many other classes. Third, both UH and Frost had to be buffed in the latest patch. Fourth, the fact that an unbuffed obsolete trinket still remains our BiS for both specs means those specs are really of bad design. Unholy was OK in BRF, so was Blood. The same story as in the MoP times - we are strong while it is a mid-tier patch, get to the bottom when end-tiers go live.

On an unrelated note, I dont' want to be a mage because it is a completely retarded class now, probably even worse than MM hunters. Better roll a lock because playing a warlock requires at least some form of thinking. This actually shows how biased Blizz devs are - warlocks have been extremely strong for three expansions in a row, got really huge nerfs in WoD; mages are top dogs for a fourth x-pac in a row, will likely remain so in Legion as well as the damage of some of their abilities has been multiplied in the yesterday alpha build.

On a related note, people should be able to play the class and spec they want and still be welcome in Mythic raiding. Not the case for SV hunters currently. Someone should hire a math teacher for Blizz HQ in CA so that they finally learn how to balance things.

This log is irrelevant for most players because 99.999% of the playerbase will never get into such a situation (i.e. killing the Iron Reaver in less than half a minute), ok?
    Just you wait til 4/4 upgrade comes along (and it will trust me)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Might wanna get title changed to Reaver and not Assault
    Doh Ty for pointing that out

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Just you wait til 4/4 upgrade comes along (and it will trust me)
    4/4?!?Is there will be more valor upgrades?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Am I the only one here who thinks gear scaling between difficulties has gotten way out of hand? We didn't see gaps like this through entire expansions before, now the jump from heroic to mythic gear does this? What the living hell.
    It's the ring. Nothing else.

What is there to look at? It's just burst damage.

Deleted
    everyone here is a #1 raider in the top 5 world race. didn't you know?

Deleted
    Thanks for the laugh, I needed that.

Now, look at a fight where the Ret Pally can use his entire burst and not just 75% of 1 charge of his wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post

Arcane, Subtlety and Affliction in particular could do with their scaling being tuned down a little bit.

Blizzard does the odd 6% nerf to Arcane's Mastery almost every tier but it doesn't help.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2016-01-14 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephostopkek View Post
    everyone here is a #1 raider in the top 5 world race. didn't you know?
    You don´t need to be a #1 raider in top 5 world race to be really troubled when you see your friend(Mage ) dealing almost 2x your DPS, even when you 2 ranked on a similar %parse...And then when you get into an AOE fight, and think its your time to shine, you see that same friend change to fire and, again, top the charts.

You can change Mage(Arcane/Fire) with Rogue(Sub/Combat) ou Lock(Affli/Demo).

And the worst part is when you read a Blue telling you that there isnt such a thing as Hybrid Tax.

Deleted
    The ring and gimmicks like Prophecy of Fear, Soul Capacitor and Prismatic Crystal are part of the issue too.

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    The ring and gimmicks like Prophecy of Fear, Soul Capacitor and Prismatic Crystal are part of the issue too.
    Soul Capacitor is problematic because of its design, extremely strong for Rogues and rather meh for Monks. Same story with the EDH, which accounts for 10 to 12 percent of a ret pal's damage, only 5-6% of an FDK's thanks to its scaling with AW and stacking with the Seals' damage (why doesn't Necrosis stack it as well? The trinket could work well with the VCS). My friend ret pal has the same version of the EDH as I have, but his strikes for 25k damage at max., mine - just 11k.

So the issue with trinkets is that there are some interesting ideas behind their design, but the design itself is really poor and unbalanced. The EDH could easily be the BiS for UH if it stacked with Necrosis procs and scaled with the UH Mastery. Now, the best trinket for us is UH, and we still don't benefit from that to the extent Warriors do, since Crit is not our main stat, and UH is really too slow to stack the proc quickly (BoS helps a bit, but BoS is a pretty situational talent)

Another problems is the ring, which clearly benefits bursty classes more than those with sustainable damage, especially if that burst can be performed right from the start. An MM hunter or an Affli lock can just burst right from the pull, a Ret Pal has to stack HP for 4-5 seconds to pop up Sera and start dealing incredible damage. We need significantly more time to prepare for proper BoSing, so do Monks with their Tigereye Brew stacks. The ring would be much less of an issue if it was an individual CD, not a raid-wide. I have literally no idea how high Herr Hazzikostas and guys were when they decided the legendary should be a shared burst.

I dont know what you guys think about it, but I´m really hoping that in Legion Blizzard give us DKs niche DPS specs...One spec with great AoE and another with great single target. It dont need be something so strong as Rogues/Locks/Mages are in the present, but something like warriors changing between fury and arms would be nice. Unholy is a good spec in all HFC Fights, but if you go check logs(90% parses) you will see some Warrior Spec doing better than us on 11/13 fights.