Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Just you wait til 4/4 upgrade comes along (and it will trust me)
    Oh it absolutely will, and I'm not looking forward to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halliax View Post
    I dont know what you guys think about it, but I´m really hoping that in Legion Blizzard give us DKs niche DPS specs...One spec with great AoE and another with great single target. It dont need be something so strong as Rogues/Locks/Mages are in the present, but something like warriors changing between fury and arms would be nice. Unholy is a good spec in all HFC Fights, but if you go check logs(90% parses) you will see some Warrior Spec doing better than us on 11/13 fights.
    I don't want the specs to be niche at all, I want some damn balance for once. Mostly because I don't want to "HAVE" to keep all artifacts fully upgraded to whatever current point the content allows us to.

Deleted
    I dont know what you guys think about it, but I´m really hoping that in Legion Blizzard give us DKs niche DPS specs...One spec with great AoE
    this may be the worst idea I've ever read on here. did you even play in wod and see what happened to enhancements when they made their "niche" aoe?

Maybe its isnt the best idea, but it is almost impossible to really balance things, what will happens most of time when you have a class that has specs balanced around ST and AoE (good on both) is that one spec is better than other on most fights(even if by a little margin), and ppl trying to maximize their perfomance will be lured to these specs...If the better specs is frost, I´m fine(It wont be...), but the others guys around here that prefer unholy will not like it, even if is little margin in damage output.

Maybe its isnt the best idea, but it is almost impossible to really balance things, what will happens most of time when you have a class that has specs balanced around ST and AoE (good on both) is that one spec is better than other on most fights(even if by a little margin), and ppl trying to maximize their perfomance will be lured to these specs...If the better specs is frost, I´m fine(It wont be...), but the others guys around here that prefer unholy will not like it, even if is little margin in damage output.
    Having a niche for a spec is terrible in any facet. Zepho gave you a great reason why it's a terrible idea.

I wouldn´t mind in have an AoE as strong as Enhance, if my other spec had a great single target...the problem with Shaman is that elemental has the same strenghts and the same weakness that Enhance, almost as Unholy/Frost(Strong/Good AoE and Good/Horrible single target).

But look how nice Rogues, Mages, Locks...even warriors to a minor degree... are in this expansio with niche specs...

But I would understand if most of you guys prefer stick to 2 balanced spec with decent AOE and ST damage...the problem is that everyone is fine with it but only if your preferred spec is the strongest one(even if by a low margin...).
    Last edited by Halliax; 2016-01-14 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Complement

I wouldn´t mind in have an AoE as strong as Enhance, if my other spec had a great single target...the problem with Shaman is that elemental has the same strenghts and the same weakness that Enhance, almost as Unholy/Frost(Strong/Good AoE and Good/Horrible single target).

But look how nice Rogues, Mages, Locks...even warriors to a minor degree... are in this expansio with niche specs...

But I would understand if most of you guys prefer stick to 2 balanced spec with decent AOE and ST damage...the problem is that everyone is fine with it but only if your preferred spec is the strongest one(even if by a low margin...).
    I don't get what you mean as I don't play a rogue...but I play a mage, warlock, warrior, and DK obviously...DKs don't have good ST or AoE(in regards to all the other classes) due to kill times being so fast. Yes for guilds progressing right now that are taking longer to kill stuff DKs look okay but both Frost and Unholy as far as ST/AoE are weak, due to the nature of HFC being a burst AoE now for the 90th percentile players. As far as the other classes, I don't get what you're saying....As far as warlocks, well all their specs excel at aoe and single target..some more than others again due to the nature of the burst fest HFC. There are obviously some exceptions to this for some fights but relatively aside from demo on single target, their specs can do okay in most situations. Mages on the other hand...All the specs do pretty good single target and AoE. Again obviously one spec is better than the others at one aspect compared to another at a different aspect but they all shine in both situations...so what entirely are you getting at with this "niche"... Also let's be honest how many fights are truly single target anymore anyways...maybe one or two fights a tier? So one spec's niche is ST will only be used for one or two fights? That sounds stupid, no offense.
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2016-01-14 at 09:21 PM. Reason: ignorance of warrior specs