Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    If I were to swap any artifacts would be to give the ala'kir thing windwalkers get to elemental and the ra den one to monks, not swapping ele/enh.
    There is literally no relation between Windwalker monks and the Fist of Ra-den except for:

1.Ra-den appeared during the MoP Expansion
    2.Fist weapons are iconic to Windwalker

The Lore of the Fist of Ra-den has absolutely no relation to Windwalker Monks.

Elemental works for the WW Fist weapon(s), but WW doesn't work for the Elemental artifact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyolsen View Post
    Go watch the Mannoroth confrontation from WC3 again.
    Well, we're at WoW, though. Me going on about thrall being more ele/arms is 100% a WoW thing, and has nothing to do with WC3, really.
    Even if you were generous enough to accept that thrall is an enhancement shaman because of charging a hammer with lightning and throwing it before enhancement even existed, technically he doesn't melee there.
    It's more a gryphon rider than an enhancement shaman thing really. Throwing a weapon is closest to current warrior design, throwing essentially a lightning projectile at the enemy is elemental.

I haven't seen a single windfury, stormstrike, lava lash or otherwise elemental-supported melee strike by thrall, ever. If doomhammer has always been an enhancement weapon, it's no wonder the doomhammer chooses us instead of thrall now, because thrall's a friggin' noob at being enhancement.
    He auto attacks with an un-imbued ~2h~ weapon and hard casts elemental spells, ololol waddanub :P let's pick the next guy that picks us up, guaranteed upgrade
    Last edited by mmoc593e7db3da; 2016-01-16 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Starting to think Doomhammer + a Shield would've been better for Ele and Fist(s) of Ra-den for Enhance. Instead of trying to fudge Doomhammer into a dual wield scenario, not to mention I've always seen Thrall as more of an elemental shaman than anything.
    When have you ever seen Thrall use a shield? One way or another Doomhammer needs "fudging" to fit in with the status quo for Shaman. It isn't a two hand weapon, so regardless of what Shaman spec gets it you need to basically invent something to go along side it.

The "elemental clone" works a lot better than trying to pretend there is some sort of long lost, previously unmentioned shield that happens to match the Doomhammer and which we just happen to find just as Thrall relinquishes the hammer to the player.

Deleted
    Am I the only one who likes the idea of an Offhand made out of the elements?
    Only thing I dislike about it is that it has no customization. It had so much potential as a manifestation of the elements. Designers could go apeshit crazy with wind, fire, lightning and earth variations and combinations and all we get is Magma...

Deleted
    Im just happy I can use and see my Fist of Molten Fury as Elemental now, looks stupid with shield though especially when it's being shown while casting and just sits there, dual fist weapons or the option to mog the shield into a fist too would be better option.

Fist weapons are very niche weapon though and should be in with other 1h weapons for transmog purposes. Ashbringer? don't like it you have 100s of 2h swords maces or axe models to choose from, dont like your fist weapon? you have choice of about 15-25tops that have textures that don't look like an N64.

How is a big shield like Bulwark of Azzinoth if you chose to mog that, gonna look while casting with shield out?

Quote Originally Posted by shapookya View Post
    Only thing I dislike about it is that it has no customization. It had so much potential as a manifestation of the elements. Designers could go apeshit crazy with wind, fire, lightning and earth variations and combinations and all we get is Magma...
    I'm with you, I actually like the idea but I hate that there is no other skins available.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    I'm with you, I actually like the idea but I hate that there is no other skins available.
    Yeah, If only we could get an version of each element, for example, the Typhoon skin of Doomhammer(the crystal one) would work pretty well with an wind/lightning offhand.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

I swear some people in this thread consider Enhancement to be a non-elemental warrior. Enhancement is a Shaman people, we cast just as many elemental spells as the Elemental spec it's just Enhancement is more of a hybrid.

I can't believe some people would rather see the Doomhammer act as a Harry Potter wand then watch it in all its glory bashing skulls. Madness!
    Last edited by Razaron; 2016-01-16 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Reworded

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    No, Thrall was and will be Elemental and Enhancement forever. This was re-approved by Blizzard one or two months ago.

Fist weapons are mostly used by melee DPS since the dawn of time, dont even try to flip that card.
    Thrall, and any other major hero, is every spec combined and them some. Thrall is more than just Elemental/Enhancement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Photek View Post
    He gave up Doomhammer on the book prior to Cataclysm because it wasn't fit to commune with the elements.
    He never gave up the Doomhammer; he gave up on the Doomplate for a short while though.

- - - Updated - - -

Bullshit. In Cataclysm he gave away his Warchief rank in order to be a full time Shaman. You obviously have no idea of this class fantasy aspect, just dont comment on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. It could've been anything, but they chosed fist weapon and they wont allow us to transmog it into a mace or axe. -_-
    Because of this; http://wow.gamepedia.com/File:Shamanwc3.gif - The original warcraft shaman used a fist weapon - The end.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

J/k you can't transmog a mace to a fist and vice versa... I've always considered this a cruel joke as my shaman is usually enhance and I prefer fist weapons.

Doomhammer seems like a much better fit for Enhance. Not a fan of fudging an OH in there as they've done to get Doomhammer in, would rather they just made it 2H.

As ele player, the skins are pretty hit and miss. As a caster the type of weapon doesn't matter as much to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    No. Doomhammer has always been a melee weapon except for the story gameplay in Warcraft III. What Blizzard should have done was made Doomhammer two-handed instead.
    Signature and matching avatar made by the lovely Winter Blossom.
    Hellfire Citadel Progression: 13/13 LFR, 12/13 Normal, 7/13 Heroic, 0/13 Mythic

No, Thrall was and will be Elemental and Enhancement forever. This was re-approved by Blizzard one or two months ago.

Fist weapons are mostly used by melee DPS since the dawn of time, dont even try to flip that card.
    Thrall is neither Elemental, nor Enhancer. He is the Lore-Spec. He is whatever Blizzard wants him to be. He is Elemental when Blizzard wants him to stand in the back and cast stuff (Cataclysm) and he is Enhancer, when Blizzard wants him to fight physically (WoD).

It just doesn't matter what Thrall is, because Blizzard bends his role however they need him. It only matters what Doomhammer is and that's never been a caster weapon.
    Thrall is a Far Seer / Warrior
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fact is, it currently is a Shaman weapon which Thrall was wielding. And Thrall is Elemental and Enhancement.
    And Doomhammer is a Enhancement weapon...so everything still fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    ... Despite the fact that Thrall ever since Vanilla has engaged all forms of combat as a melee combatant? Thrall is, basically, thé enhancement shaman, fighting with the Doomhammer has always been his thing, hell even Drek'thar comments on his fighting style in WoD.
    Unfortunately THE Enhancement shaman wields a single weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    And a Farseer is just a title of shamans, in fact in legion that is exactly the title we will earn as shamans.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Doomhammer was originally a warrior weapon also no?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Far Seer is just a honorific title.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rayden54 View Post
    Unfortunately THE Enhancement shaman wields a single weapon.
    Sigh... He also uses plate armor,- you missed the point kiddo.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Thrall is neither Elemental, nor Enhancer. He is the Lore-Spec. He is whatever Blizzard wants him to be. He is Elemental when Blizzard wants him to stand in the back and cast stuff (Cataclysm) and he is Enhancer, when Blizzard wants him to fight physically (WoD).

It just doesn't matter what Thrall is, because Blizzard bends his role however they need him. It only matters what Doomhammer is and that's never been a caster weapon.
    Thrall has dual spec?! and switches specs based on the fight and what is best for the raid? just like real peoples? o_O

Thrall is not a player character and doesn't have a specialization.

The argument I still put forward is, would you have the Ashbringer as holy spec? No you wouldn't. So why would you have the Doomhammer as a harry potter wand siphoning lightning bolts when it's obviously meant to bash skulls.

It's very easy to counter this and say, well my Shaman has been hauling a long a mace/axe/etc with a shield for years. But this is the Doomhammer, not some little purple weapon you looted out of the guts of an Abomination.

It's like taking Frostmourne off the Lich King and saying, nope.. not going to swing this truly epic sword, I'll just cast death coils with it because on WC3 Thrall didn't swing it so why should I have to.
    Last edited by Razaron; 2016-01-16 at 10:10 PM.