Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mythic HFC difficulty

As the tier comes to an end, I'm just curious what other raiders see as the difficulty order for mythic bosses, especially with the ring upgrades and ilvl upgrades changing/removing mechanics

In my opinion (easiest to hardest)

Iron Reaver
    Iskar
    Socrethar
    HFA
    Kormrok
    Zakuun
    Killrog
    Council
    Gorefiend
    Tyrant
    Xhul
    Archie
    Manny

HFA
    Iron Reaver
    Socrethar
    Kormrok
    Council
    Kil'rogg
    Iskar
    Tyrant
    Gorefiend
    Xhul
    Mann

Archi because we are still on him

At current gear levels with extreme dps/heals.

HFA, Reaver, Kormrok, Kilrogg, Socrethar, Council, Gorefiend, Iskar, Zakuun, Tyrant, Xhul, Archi, Mannoroth

Ish... Iskar isn't hard at all but is still easy to wipe to for example, it can all go down the shitter pretty fast. Gorefiend is a fight that is way way easier with more gear as you don't need to be so intensly managing people inside and breaking out, even if at relevant gear Gorefiend is possibly 3rd hardest fight.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-01-14 at 10:06 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    At current gear levels with extreme dps/heals.

HFA, Reaver, Kormrok, Kilrogg, Council, Socrethar, Gorefiend, Iskar, Zakuun, Tyrant, Xhul, Archi, Mannoroth

Ish... Iskar isn't hard at all but is still easy to wipe to for example, it can all go down the shitter pretty fast. Gorefiend is a fight that is way way easier with more gear as you don't need to be so intensly managing people inside and breaking out, even if at relevant gear Gorefiend is possibly 3rd hardest fight.
    Yeah, I think it's only really fair to examine fights from the perspective of their intended ilvl. I believe Gorefiend to be significantly more challenging than Zakuun or Iskaar when fought at an appropriate ilvl (710-715).

Maybe challenging isn't the right word; it just requires you to have more people actually pulling their weight. Still, comparatively harder to kill as a result.

10+ Year Old Account
    HFA
    Iron Reaver
    Socrethar
    Kormrok
    Kilrogg
    Council
    Iskar
    Fel Lord
    Tyrant
    Xhul
    Gorefiend
    Manno
    Arch

Mannoroth in terms of ability is much easier than Archimonde. Once wraths are under control the boss falls over. Archimonde on the other hand has several abilities and little things that can wipe the group. Without gear you have to deal with multiple fires. You have to control the idiocy that shows up during wrought. Once adds start to spawn people have to be even smarter to not screw other people by moving but not sit in multiple circles. In the final phase you can screw up orbs, dance, marks, but mainly infernal coordination. So many people say manno is so much harder but in what way?

with current gear levels and ring upgrades, i don't call it mythic, it's heroic highmaul on release difficulty at best.

i mean those fights lasted far longer.

At 735+ with decent rings:

HFA << Reaver = Kormrok = Council = Kilrogg = Iskar = Socrethar = Zakuun = Gorefiend < Velhari = Xhul < Archimonde =< Mannoroth

With intended gear (705-720, no rings):

HFA = Reaver = Socrethar < Council = Kilrogg < Kormrok < Iskar = Zakuun < Gorefiend < Xhul < Velhari <<< Mannoroth <<<< Archimonde
    Last edited by BiggestNoob; 2016-01-14 at 11:42 PM.

With current gear HFA<<Reaver<Council<Kormrok(because who moves for runes)<kilrogg=socrethar=gorefiend<Fel Lord=Tyrant<Xhul<Mannoroth=Archimonde

I say Mannoroth=Archimonde because there's probably around the same ammount of mechanics that will kill you on either fight after you have it on farm. If you're learning it for the first time Archimonde is going to be harder than Mannoroth.

In intended gear. HFA<Reaver=Kormrok<Council=Socrethar=Kilrogg=Iskar<Fel Lord<Tyrant<Gorefiend<<<Xhul<<<<<<Mannoroth<<<<<<<<<<Archimonde

Currently imo for a first kill.

1: Archimonde/Mannoroth. Gear significantly eases Archimonde and doesn't really ease Mannoroth learning.
    2: Xhul'horac, gear doesn't stop the mechanics from one shotting you.
    3: Tyrant Velhari, significantly eased by gear.
    4: Gorefiend, gear doesn't help learning that much. Not having to do three feasts is really nice though.
    5: Fel Lord = Iskar = Socrethar = Kilrogg = Council, all around the 40 pull range for us.
    6: The rest

Deleted
    With the current conditions (fully upgrade rings and + 10 ilvl)

HFA
    Iron Reaver
    Iskar
    Kormrok
    Zakuun
    Council
    Killrog
    Socrethar (placing him here, since it still boils down to your construct. If the guy doing it is clueless you wont beat the encounter)
    Gorefiend
    Tyrant
    Xhul
    Archimonde
    Manny

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EzG View Post
    Mannoroth in terms of ability is much easier than Archimonde. Once wraths are under control the boss falls over. Archimonde on the other hand has several abilities and little things that can wipe the group. Without gear you have to deal with multiple fires. You have to control the idiocy that shows up during wrought. Once adds start to spawn people have to be even smarter to not screw other people by moving but not sit in multiple circles. In the final phase you can screw up orbs, dance, marks, but mainly infernal coordination. So many people say manno is so much harder but in what way?
    Archimonde can instantly wipe you, but only if you do some major mistake, like chaining Conduits or failing to soak Doomfire. It might happen every once in a while, but it's very rare and easy to avoid. Other than that, you might get some singular deaths from various stuff, but nothing truly raid wiping. Also, with the exception of tanks knocked away by the Source, combat res always works.

Mannoroth on the other hand... Failing to kills imps withing few seconds generally means a wipe to Phase Shift. If you don't have Death Knights to trivialize that part ... oh dear. Even if they don't wipe you, missed casts can instantly end you by detonating Mark of Doom. There are some very specific timings in phase two, which you need to be aware of or Mark of Doom will destroy you. There are several high damage spikes which you won't be able to ignore with superior gear (like 5th infernal wave on Archimonde). Even Gul'dan is a pain without multiple mages and hunters.

Granted, the ability to blow up Doomguards with dps ring can make some things easier, as well as significantly shortens the last phase, but the instant wipe potential is still there.

So, Mannoroth is the kind of fight where your raid leader goes "Oh for fuck sake. Now there was Shadowforce on Mark of Doom and it instantly blew up... What else can go wrong?" And then you learn that, oh yes, there are some other instant wipe mechanics.

Archimonde is the kind of fight where you go "This Phase 3 Legion addon isn't working right, let's try a different one." Current gear lets you ignore the nastiest parts of the fight - like handling 3 Doomfires or 5th infernals. Other than that, it's "God, Jimmy has chained lasers again. Ress the dumbass."
    Last edited by KaPe; 2016-01-15 at 09:36 AM.

Deleted
    HFA
    Iron Reaver
    Kromrok
    Kilrogg
    Council
    Socrethar
    Gorefiend
    Iskar
    Tyrant
    Zakuun
    XH
    Manno
    Archi

Deleted
    Some things depend on the mentality of the guild. For instance I believe by current team finds it better to progress on Xhul than to progress on Tyrant. The second requires more brute force but the first can tone down the brute force and focus on strategy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Some things depend on the mentality of the guild. For instance I believe by current team finds it better to progress on Xhul than to progress on Tyrant. The second requires more brute force but the first can tone down the brute force and focus on strategy.
    That is why most people would rate Tyrant a lot easier than Xhul now. With the ilvl boost and high rings brute force becomes pretty easy. Meanwhile no matter the ilvl 2 explosions in a row will pretty much mess up any raid.

Honestly there are so many fights that are around the same level that your progression of difficulty should look more like this...

Tier 1 Bosses

HFA
    Reaver
    Kormrok
    Council
    Kilrogg

Honestly the first five fights are all really easy and you can just put them all in the same level of difficulty I honestly believe that if you can kill Heroic Archimonde you can get to 5/13 Mythic really quite quickly if you focus on progression none of these fights require a large amount of discipline or offer really challenging mechanics for the raid to deal with.

Tier 2 Bosses

Iksar
    Socrethar
    Zakun

I would put these 3 in the same category and you will very commonly see guilds that get past the Gorefiend hump get to 9/13 pretty quickly thereafter a lot of times some guilds even getting 2 of these the same week as the first Gorefiend kill. They have some mechanics that can hurt you but dont require a ton of perfection to score a kill on but still a step up from the first 5.

Tier 3 Bosses

Xhul
    Velhari
    Gorefiend

The first 3 challenging fights the bad thing is that Gorefiend is the 6th boss of the instance because these bosses are where you really have things that 1 person can wipe you at just about anytime. They require a very high percentage of people playing at a high level to get these bosses down. The margine for error is much lower than the previous bosses.

Tier 4 Bosses

Manno
    Arch

These are just a completely different animal anyone who has done progression on these knows that they are just in a different league than the rest of the instance. You can argue all day about which one is harder and I wouldnt argue with you on either one I am sure it really depended on your group and their specific strengths and weaknesses but i am 100% sure that anyone who is 13/13 mythic would but these 2 at 1 and 2 in the instance. We actually got manno to 0.9% prior to the IL nerf then just crushed him with the 10 extra IL but I can not even imagine doing these two bosses at like a 725 IL without the ring because it would have been crazy.

Deleted
    Council, Kilrogg and Kormrok, to not say even Reaver might be harder than Iskar and sometimes Socrethar because by the time you reach the latter, you probably can do them easier, provided you didn't ninja your way by ignoring Gorefiend.

HFA
    Iskar
    Killrog
    Socrethar
    Kormrok
    Iron Reaver (When we started before rings and upgrades this was worse than most other bosses who we did pre-ring/upgrade as well, probably easier now but we stopped doing this boss shortly after we got gorefiend attunment).
    Fel Lord
    Council
    Tyrant (things are tight but the margin for error was way higher than...)
    Gorefiend (This boss is an abomination onto mankind)
    Xhul
    -Havn't done archi or manny since I quit raiding so I can't judge there.
    Last edited by Xenryusho; 2016-01-15 at 09:23 PM.

When you have the gear to do 1 doom fire and only 2 wroughts IMO Archi is easier than Manno.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    The stats show its easier. Since after the first overgearing when most dpses had a dps ring months ago, archi pulls were usually lower than manno pulls. It also doesn't help that manno and xhul have the lameness of requiring mass grips to be easier.

15+ Year Old Account
    We've started progression soon after it was released, so this is mainly pre-item level buffs:

1. Hellfire Assault
    2. Iron Reaver
    3. Kilrogg
    4. Kormrok
    5. Socrethar
    6. Iskar
    7. Council
    8. Fel Lord Zakuun
    9. Gorefiend
    10. Xhul
    11. Tyrant
    12. Mannoroth
    13. Archimonde

But honestly, there are few levels of difficulty. Mannorth and Archimonde fall into hardest category (both were extremely hard, so it's difficult to really separate them), whereas three bosses before them have their own category (Xhul would be lower than Gorefiend had we went with mages galore like a lot of the guilds, but we don't use alts and at that time we just didn't have too many mages in the roster) with everything else beingg very far behind those five.
    Last edited by Durbi; 2016-01-16 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Spelling
    My twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/durbem I stream my guild's mythic raids, but I'm also streaming other games from time to time.