Legacy LFR raids - loot is almost non-existent?

I've been running LFR DS every week on my pally trying to get Gurth for some time now and from 10+ runs all I've had drop is the same pair of shoulders (twice) from Spine. I've not seen 1 piece of loot from Ultra, Blackhorn or Madness. I'm starting to wonder whether there's a bug somewhere because surely this isn't just down to luck.
    Remember doing LFR DS back in Cata, 50% of the time Gurth would drop, many times it would drop twice on the same run, yet now it's like trying to farm for a mount -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Changing the DS LFR to the new MoP system was a ridiculously bad idea. Been trying to farm for the blue variant Gurth myself and after somewhere along the line of ten runs I haven't even seen a single drop from Madness.

I'm not entirely sure why they did it, but it sucks. I feel ya. It is literally just bad luck, and since there's no bonus coin for DS, you can't even farm those for more shots.

If it's using the flexi rule for loot, and you're going solo there, you only have a 20% chance of getting a drop (20% per loot eligible player).

-> Some weeks ago I saw someone spamming in /2 for players to do lfr with him, offering some gold per boss per player to improve chance of stuff dropping. No idea if it worked for him.

Deleted
    Its this dogshit personal loot in there. DS and all MOP LFR's follow the same pattern. They need to do something about it.

It's not only about the drop rates. It's also about some items being flat out unobtainable for some players. For example on a Warlock you will never find an STR 1h sword or AGI staff. Even though these items are perfectly suitable for Warlock transmogs - the stats don't matter at all, the item class does.

Further down the line, all WOD raids will follow the same bullshit pattern. Currently you're getting healthy amount of loot, but once you grow strong enough to drop down to low group sizes, your loot amount will reduce to almost nothing. When soloing 0.2 items drop per boss, on average, cos you're the only elegible player.

This will not affect Mythic mode raids, because they still use fixed raidsize, traditional raidlock (being locked to an actual boss, instead of just loot) and will always drop the same amount of loot in Group/Master loot mode. It's unlikely you'll be able to solo Mythic WOD raids in Legion tho. Maybe 5-man them, like you currently can with 25HC/Mythic MOP raids.

Why run lfr though?
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    Why run lfr though?
    Because of the color variants for some of the gear. Some colors work better with other pieces or a person prefer a blue set over a pink set per say.