Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I lived in London for about a year and have traveled through Europe and Asia quite a bit.
    You also need to seek out certain locations, it's the same around here. You can walk through some parts of the city and everything is fine, enter others and you get to know a completely different world. It's spreading through, rapidly.

It's just an odd sentiment and experience to me personally. I struggle to reconcile the claims of Europeans of "hooligan" migrants with how migrants are perceived and treated in the US- Muslim and otherwise.
    They're not hooligans, calling them hooligans is pretty wrong. They're not people out to look for trouble all day going on a rampage after a football game. It's more as if you imported a piece of Afghanistan with all it entails, the mentality, culture, behaviour, crime rates, extremism and put it right here in Europe. It's not that they're just criminals who're outside of society, THEY HAVE THEIR OWN SOCIETY which stands in complete conflict and opposition to everything European society is.

They're not just having run ins with law enforcement, they're contesting it's authority and creating their own. They don't just vandalize stuff, they see themselves as "taking control". It's as if you have another country growing inside the existing one that is in a state of cold war with you.

Naturally. I do not disagree in the social differences. It is an experience I am grossly limited in understanding- the concept is, no pun intended, foreign to me. And atypical to how I usually interact and live among migrants in the US.
    You can't compare them to South Americans, East Asians, Australians etc. We have those also, they cause little to no problem whatsoever, many actively working at integrating themselves and becoming part of society. We even had Iranians since the Iranian revolution, those people also didn't cause any problem because they usually were part of the former ruling class of Iran and affiliates whom had to flee.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Every German over 16 is required to wear their ID by law anyway.
    your ID shows what country you were born in?

dam thats one hardcore drivers liscence

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post

It's great to see you having no idea what you're talking about, yet talking away anyway!

Here's a somewhat dated example. Picture, name, address, birthplace and date, nationality, bunch of other stuff on the backside also. You're required to carry this with you at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    It's great to see you having no idea what you're talking about, yet talking away anyway!

Here's a somewhat dated example. Picture, name, address, birthplace and date, nationality, bunch of other stuff on the backside also. You're required to carry this with you at all times.
    did i say something incorrect?

cuse im pretty sure i didnt

It shows to which country you belong to in regards to citizenship, not born in. We never really had the cult of worshiping our drivers license, so all the crap you Americans use your drivers license for, we just use our ID card.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    You also need to seek out certain locations, it's the same around here. You can walk through some parts of the city and everything is fine, enter others and you get to know a completely different world. It's spreading through, rapidly.

They're not hooligans, calling them hooligans is pretty wrong. They're not people out to look for trouble all day going on a rampage after a football game. It's more as if you imported a piece of Afghanistan with all it entails, the mentality, culture, behaviour, crime rates, extremism and put it right here in Europe. It's not that they're just criminals who're outside of society, THEY HAVE THEIR OWN SOCIETY which stands in complete conflict and opposition to everything European society is.

They're not just having run ins with law enforcement, they're contesting it's authority and creating their own. They don't just vandalize stuff, they see themselves as "taking control". It's as if you have another country growing inside the existing one that is in a state of cold war with you.

You can't compare them to South Americans, East Asians, Australians etc. We have those also, they cause little to no problem whatsoever, many actively working at integrating themselves and becoming part of society. We even had Iranians since the Iranian revolution, those people also didn't cause any problem because they usually were part of the former ruling class of Iran and affiliates whom had to flee.
    It's a pretty fascinating account to read about. As I said, this experience is rather unusual to me.

You have a fair point about calling them hooligans. I admit it's the descriptor I imagine most often when reading accounts of the criminality of the Middle Eastern migrants (I am assuming we are largely focusing on Middle Easterners and Muslims here). Those living in experience described here likely would have a finer and more acute sense of how migrants are rubbing against the predominant culture of some European countries.

10+ Year Old Account

Uh, the ID and the drivers licence are two different things.

German Leisure Centre Bans All Migrants After A Schoolgirl Was Sexually Assaulted
    Hell, it's about time!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    How do you determine who actually wants to integrate if you refuse to deal with them at all. Your plan has a major flaw .

I would be glad if everyone who actually commits a crime or repeated misdemeanors just gets deported, that would be enough really. 3 bus lines "back home" in a 1 hour rhythm for 2 weeks and they'd know they can't get away with that shit and behave. Currently the issue is they can get away with almost anything and they know it.
    Self interest of the German people exceeds the interest of the "refugees". So you may remove a few who actually want to blend in, but if th overall the effect would be better for Germany as a whole, it is the thing to do. And I have seen no factual argument that the refugees are an asset to the nations they are in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I am not really sure the US puts a lot effort into vetting, destroying and dismantling immigrants.

I am from Brooklyn, New York. Brother. I am sure more than half the people on the block are not even legal.

It can literally be the case the new Indian restaurant is across the street from the Haitian bodega that has a Korean and a Mexican family living above and have my Jew self and Puerto Rican husband living next door and a block from the Chicken & Waffles joint.

Immigrant aversion is the weirdest fucking thing to me. I don't even 'get it'- like at all.
    New York has long been a hodge podge of immigrants, some who assimilate and some who dont. So to you that is the norm. Most parts of the US are not like that and see a mass influx of immigrants that dont speak English, have a different culture, and dont seem widely interested in actually assimilating are seen as a threat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Self interest of the German people exceeds the interest of the "refugees". So you may remove a few who actually want to blend in, but if th overall the effect would be better for Germany as a whole, it is the thing to do. And I have seen no factual argument that the refugees are an asset to the nations they are in.
    Even for those who honestly want to find a better life for themselves and don't plan to cause trouble there's issues. It completely ignores questions such as "are they beneficial to us?" and "will they cause unintentional problems such as playing haywire with gender demographics". Even if 100% of them were peaceful and friendly people (which they most decidedly are not), it wouldn't be viable in the long run as their entry and using up resources of the system, creating debts generations to come will have to pay already constitutes to an initiation of force.