Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    My thought on class halls is that yea shamans have a cool class hall, even warlocks have a decent class hall at first glance. However, when compared to some of the other class halls they just seem incomplete. Look at the druid, mage, monk, and hunter class halls...they have so much detail compared to the others. They have beds, bookcases, a place to sit etc all things that would make you feel like "yea, this is a place where I can hang out with my fellow druids" like a home away from home club house feel. So while yes I agree the shaman class hall is cool, like the lock class hall though it just lacks so much compared to more complete looking halls which clearly had more time and effort put into them.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    I wish they would do away with and stop putting "upgrade" things on crafted items and our normal gear. Just go raid or have new items to craft.

For the crafted items, they usually end up costing as much as crafting a new item typically costs anyway, so why not? Also need to do away with the random stats garbage on crafted items, that was such a mess having to recraft a specific item to try to get optimal stats for your class or even to sell...was just a huge waste of mats especially when coupled with having to use those same mats to create an upgrade item/token.

Just plain stupid, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by freakyduck View Post
    I wish they would do away with and stop putting "upgrade" things on crafted items and our normal gear. Just go raid or have new items to craft.

For the crafted items, they usually end up costing as much as crafting a new item typically costs anyway, so why not? Also need to do away with the random stats garbage on crafted items, that was such a mess having to recraft a specific item to try to get optimal stats for your class or even to sell...was just a huge waste of mats especially when coupled with having to use those same mats to create an upgrade item/token.

Just plain stupid, imo.
    The thing I don't like about crafting is the materials that after the expansion are "worthless". I don't get why they don't make crafting an item need say Copper bars, Saronite bars, and True Iron bars? Other than the well no one wants to farm copper bars.....

Blizzard makes too much one expansion items/features in my opinion. Farm in Pandaria..... why can't I plants for the new expansion or pass expansion plants?

All the time and effort into Garrisons... well wasted now. Could have expanded on it in various ways. Nah. Just throw it away and make class halls.

(sigh)

The one thing I do not like about phase 2 on the class hall intro storyline-

Everyone is acting like a fucking idiot who had just rolled shaman.

"This lightning stone thing has never worked!" *You walked over and threw a lightning bolt at it* "Oh hey! It worked! Who would've thought lightning on a lightning rock would make it work!"

"My bird is dying! If only I went to my class trainer and learned how to use a healing spell!"

"Which spell casts fire again!?"

If they were like, new people who were learning how to do it, I would understand. But these were figures who had been around, and all of a sudden, they went retarded. If the story was more along the lines of-

"DUDE! There are infernals incoming! Get these things set up for our attack! Also, heal the gryphons in case we need to get the hell out of here if things go downhill for us." , it would make more sense. But now, this is probably the shittiest storyline out of everyone. The Earthen Ring are idiots. No wonder they barely get anything in the story. If they were given a plot, they wouldn't know what to do with it.

Hm...is Raid testing something they've done in Alpha previous years? Isn't it technically a Beta thing?

I've played several MMOs over the years, but I still think DAoC had the best approach to gear and end game raiding.

This upgrading items crap they keep doing is hella boring and lazy game design.

1) Crafted gear was on par with anything from a dungeon so you could fill in holes with crafted gear
    2) Randomly generated loot kept old content worthwhile so all content was viable as long as it was at your level. I think AC had it as well. (DAoC even had the tokens for gear thing with Darkness Falls seals -- more difficult denizens gave seals that could be traded for better gear)
    3) Class quests and gear! Looks like artifacts are going to be a step back in that direction, but the past years has seen Blizzard actively go away from class specific content which takes away flavor. My biggest gripe with WoW is everything had become terribly homogenized.

There's lots of things DAoC did wrong though, such as master levels. I'm kind of worried artifacts are going to be very similar and you'll be at a disadvantage if you don't have your artifact and have it maxed out.

Timewalking was a start, but the biggest problem WoW has is that old content is completely meaningless. They have 10 years worth of lore, dungeons, and raids that are basically useless since the goal is to rush to max level and do the max level content while completely abandoning everything that comes before it.

If they went the timewalking route with all dungeons and raids, allowing all previous gear to ramp up to max level iLVL, then the game would be 100% more fun. There's like 20 class sets at this point so imagine how much flavor the game would have if they were all viable. It would open up viable builds exponentially. They could also focus on adding "flavor" gear ala D3 where gear had special abilities instead of focusing on repeating the same item that's been used for the past 5 years, but with better stats.
    Last edited by Xrathe; 2016-01-15 at 11:28 PM.

Best class hall so far.
    I haven't played a Shaman since Wrath but now I will in Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Hm...is Raid testing something they've done in Alpha previous years? Isn't it technically a Beta thing?
    Yep it's usually done mid to late Beta when character tuning is largely in it's final stages which considering the state of Alpha is unlikely to be anywhere near the end of the process. Which is definitely strange when you think about it.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish someone other than Chaud would do the video,his style seem's rushed and like he doesn't give a shit. I wouldn't mind at least 5 seconds to read the quest text instead of having to pause every 3 seconds...

Deleted
    the enha and ele shaman artifact questlines are by far the worst from what we have seen imo.

Anyone else think Khadgar's being a bit stupid here? "This is very dangerous... oh, you know an expert in dealing with demonic things but won't tell me who it is? Okay!"