Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[TV] 24 The Reboot

Looks like yet another show gets rebooted, this time its 24, which will have either a black or hispanic lead that will NOT be Jack Bauer. Also no Chloe.

http://geektyrant.com/news/24-reboot...or-latino-lead

Deleted
    24 Does not really need Jack or Chloe, as long as it is kept in the CTU universe then there is no reason that each "Day" could not focus on a single field agent. Having one agent save the day several times got a bit repetative, You know it was Jack, you knew no matter what happened that he would, Get the bad guys, save the world. Towards the end of the last one set in london I was kind of wondering why the hell, the badguys just did'nt say "oh look, a CTU field agent" and put a bullet in his head.

Deleted
    Kiefer can't act. Most you'll remember of 24 is his breathing. Frustrated breathing, and then saying something like "we don't have time for this."

Don't get me wrong. Kiefer is one of the guys from my favorite movies. Lost Boys, Young Guns 1&2, a few others. Stand By Me as well, of course, but I'm not a huge fan of "coming of age" -stories, because, let's face it, teenagers suck. But he can't act for shit. He's a great breather. He just can't emote anything believably.

I liked the few first seasons of 24, of course. Who didn't? It kind of jumped the shark and started to repeat itself, but I'd still watch it if Kiefer came back. I mean... He's Kiefer. I also like the format. Any decent series that has 24 episodes per season is a boon to TV. Waaay too many 10-13 episode ones these days. And the "real time" -shtick, it's not a horrible idea.

I just have a feeling that Fox will push out some rehash bullshit with a different lead, that will quite honestly just, well, suck.

No Jack Bauer, no Chloe, no Tony either, which for me means no 24.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    ^ pretty much sums it up.
    Until it's getting absolutely amazing reviews then I won't be watching it.
    I can't understand why they wouldn't try something new under a new name instead of just rebranding something as a remake/reboot, so frustrating how poor quality Hollywood is getting.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    This. 24 at first was a cool idea with a fun format. Then after a few seasons it kept having to top itself and top itself and it got crazy. Which is fine, I still kept watching it and enjoyed the mindless entertainment that it was. But Jack Bauer was a big part of that entertainment.

Won't be watching that, and I have watched and rewatched every episode of 24 many times. Don't care about Chloe but no Jack means no me.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Meh. Really won't be watching this I don't think.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This kinda sucks, and while the series wasn't exactly special, it was still memorable for it's real time set up and great filmmaking (Watching all of it in one day is like a 17-hour action film). They'd better do it justice, and maybe have Jon Cassar do the pilot seeing as he directed some of the best episodes of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Kiefer can't act. Most you'll remember of 24 is his breathing. Frustrated breathing, and then saying something like "we don't have time for this."

Don't get me wrong. Kiefer is one of the guys from my favorite movies. Lost Boys, Young Guns 1&2, a few others. Stand By Me as well, of course, but I'm not a huge fan of "coming of age" -stories, because, let's face it, teenagers suck. But he can't act for shit. He's a great breather. He just can't emote anything believably.

I liked the few first seasons of 24, of course. Who didn't? It kind of jumped the shark and started to repeat itself, but I'd still watch it if Kiefer came back. I mean... He's Kiefer. I also like the format. Any decent series that has 24 episodes per season is a boon to TV. Waaay too many 10-13 episode ones these days. And the "real time" -shtick, it's not a horrible idea.

I just have a feeling that Fox will push out some rehash bullshit with a different lead, that will quite honestly just, well, suck.
    Do you like Donald Sutherland's acting as well?
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

I loved the older seasons but it seemed to get kind of bad after season 5 if I remember correctly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    24 Does not really need Jack or Chloe, as long as it is kept in the CTU universe then there is no reason that each "Day" could not focus on a single field agent. Having one agent save the day several times got a bit repetative, You know it was Jack, you knew no matter what happened that he would, Get the bad guys, save the world. Towards the end of the last one set in london I was kind of wondering why the hell, the badguys just did'nt say "oh look, a CTU field agent" and put a bullet in his head.
    It depends, there aren't many shows or movies that I can't picture a different lead in...but Jack was literally a perfect cast. The show was both realistic and over the top fiction at the same time...which I find very impressive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I loved the older seasons but it seemed to get kind of bad after season 5 if I remember correctly.
    It doesn't, though some older seasons take longer for the action to kick in due to a different plot. I suppose if it isn't non stop action people stop watching after 3 episodes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    It doesn't, though some older seasons take longer for the action to kick in due to a different plot. I suppose if it isn't non stop action people stop watching after 3 episodes.
    Well, "bad" is subjective but the later seasons do get more and more ridiculous. It goes from "let's stop a terrorist plot" to "presidents and high ranking govt people are constantly turning out to be traitors". Don't get me wrong, I still watched and enjoyed all of it, but it did get crazier and crazier over its run.

Deleted
    If comes out on dvd, will possibly check it out, but I imagine it`ll just be like CSI where the spin offs were okay-passable, just not as good. Or worse, the one with ginger dude.... *cringe* (before inc` rant, not because he was ginger, just that spin off was crap ;p)

I`ve seen all series on dvd except the fourth, second was best I think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    Well, "bad" is subjective but the later seasons do get more and more ridiculous. It goes from "let's stop a terrorist plot" to "presidents and high ranking govt people are constantly turning out to be traitors". Don't get me wrong, I still watched and enjoyed all of it, but it did get crazier and crazier over its run.
    Not that many betrayers really, just a few high ranked politicians. :P

So it looks like 24 Legacy has found its lead actor. Corey Hawkins will play Eric Carter, a military hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post

My favorite Kiefer scene:
    Kaffee: Lt. Kendrick... can I call you John?
    Lt. Kendrick: No, you may not.
    Kaffee: Have I done something to offend you?
    Lt. Kendrick: No, I like all you Navy boys. Every time we've gotta go someplace to fight, you fellas always give us a ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    So it looks like 24 Legacy has found its lead actor. Corey Hawkins will play Eric Carter, a military hero.

Guess that means a certain someone on the walking dead is dying this season lol.

Will have to check this out though, and finish watching the original series :P

That's too bad, he was just "getting it", wasn't he lol
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Between this, X-Files and Xena, that's a lot of reboots. I guess the supply of good ideas is running dry.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Between this, X-Files and Xena, that's a lot of reboots. I guess the supply of good ideas is running dry.
    Nah, its just business as usual for Hollywood. They're just trying to bank on nostalgia from original viewers and hedging it with new and shiny for the most recent generation.