Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Let's not exaggerate the Iranian 'threat'. They're a dirt poor third world country that is a rational actor and under no circumstance will sign it's own death warrant. It's rationale for nuclear weapons is regime survival, not putting a warhead in a container to only cause enough damage to the United States to enrage it enough to nuke Iran off the face of the Earth in retaliation.
    I do not hink Iran will do somthing stupid like that, like you did say they are rational actors. But then the a image of Iran fire a misile over Europe is totaly stupid. But back to game theory, If Iran do blow a bomb in New York US louse (even if it's a small bomb) Iran louse 20 min later. Now if US really truly endanger the Iran diktatorsip (they louse) they can use this threat, hence stop US to continue becuse US do not want to "louse"

But US and Iran start to get more normal relation so this senario is not realistically.

Iraq will be divided up. Iran gets Southern Iraq with all the Shiites there. Saudi Arabia gets Western Iraq with all the Sunni Arabs. The Kurds get Northern Iraq with all the Kurds.

Saudi Arabia also gets Eastern Syria with all of its Sunni Arabs.

Strong borders, little internal conflict, strong countries.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The political system in America is a sham, the economy is propped up by demand for dollars, the country is divided and was only held together by foreign boogeymen. With the absence of a foreign threat the USA will develop an autoimmune disease and the government system will break apart. There will likely be a lot of death and in the end many independent states.

America will be too weak to spread it's tentacles around the world and there will finally be peace.

Deleted
    Its impossible to predict which countries will exist in 100 years.

Also, its more interesting to see how democracy is going to evolve. And how mankind will handle the higher ages and the steadily growing number of people living on this planet.. And hopefully mankind makes steady progress on technical progress to acutally counter the problems we are going to face.

Also dont forget there still is a threat from a possible large nuclear war that could bring us back into stone age.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2016-01-16 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    The political system in America is a sham, the economy is propped up by demand for dollars, the country is divided and was only held together by foreign boogeymen. With the absence of a foreign threat the USA will develop an autoimmune disease and the government system will break apart. There will likely be a lot of death and in the end many independent states.

America will be too weak to spread it's tentacles around the world and there will finally be peace.
    Tentacles you say? This is America. We do tentacles.

This is the NRO both having fun and flipping people like you the finger.

Anyway, nice work of fiction but the picture you describe doesn't remotely resemble the US.

Edit: Oh and because you base your world view on anime, this is what happened when John Stewart got in on the action when it happened.

I almost think that the NRO made this mission seal *for you* Cybran.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2016-01-16 at 10:24 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    If you had to choose (a) nation(s) that may or may not survive into the 22nd century, in terms of collapse and/or balkanization?

Explain why you chose that country or countries
    A few ME countries and some African ones, for many different reasons. Partly because they were created by colonial powers and the borders from that time are bad.

North Korea - Korean War 2.0 creates just Korea.

United Kingdom - Scottish independence vote dissolves the UK.

Peoples Republic of China - Social and economic pressure leads to revolution, creating a new state.

Ukraine - Further action by Russia takes a vast portion of Ukraine, leaving it with a loss of 40% land mass and Crimera.

Palestine - Despite more international recognition, Israel will continue to squeeze Palestine off the map.

Deleted

Replace ''America'' with Russia and you`ll be a lot closer to the truth. Also replace the dollar bits with oil/gas/commodities and you`ll be a lot closer to the truth.

I feel sorry for Cryban. You live in the American century while your favourite country is in long-term decline.

there will finally be peace.
    *Emperor Palpatine smiles and nods happily*

85 years is a rather long term. We may see some Balkanization in every part of the world including ME, Europe and America. The balkanizations in middle east will probably be bloody, however, it may occur democratically in Europe and NA.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-01-16 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sestdiena View Post
    Replace ''America'' with Russia and you`ll be a lot closer to the truth.
    Nah. Estonia and Latvia have about 2 million people each. The young people there are leaving. Their economies are reliant on cash injections from Finland and remittances from Western europe. Finland is going to economic ruin and the people working in Western europe will form mixed families and stop sending money. In about 30-40 years the Baltics will be Russian again.

Same goes for Ukraine. it will federalize and break apart. Parts will join Russia. Russia will get bigger while the Americans kill each other over political and tribal affiliation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post

Peoples Republic of China - Social and economic pressure leads to revolution, creating a new state.
    Odds are, you are quite right about this one. I dont see China in its current form surviving in to 2050`s. It`s a formation held together by raw power and repressions.

I feel sorry for Cryban. You live in the American century while your favourite country is in long-term decline.
    You do know what always happened to countries who believed it was 'their century', right?

Deleted
    Nah. Estonia and Latvia have about 2 million people each. The young people there are leaving. Their economies are reliant on cash injections from Finland and remittances from Western europe. Finland is going to economic ruin and the people working in Western europe will form mixed families and stop sending money. In about 30-40 years the Baltics will be Russian again.

Same goes for Ukraine. it will federalize and break apart. Parts will join Russia. Russia will get bigger while the Americans kill each other over political and tribal affiliation.
    As someone who lives in the Baltics - you clearly don`t know the situation. And don`t worry - we`ll be fine. Emigration is in decline, birth/death rate is normalizing again and our economies are actually quite self-reliant.
    And by the way, the local Russian population is even in bigger decline than ethnic. I know, statistics are bitch and they are not in your favour.

But your country - Bulgaria, is going to experience the same problems by the way. Even worse as Bulgaria is projected to loose 28% of its population by 2050 while Baltics will loose only about 14%-19%.
    Your wet dream also ignores the rising Poland and it`s interests which are spreading deep in to all directions of Eastern Europe.

The only thing that will happen with Baltics is that Poland includes us in to federation. Which I wont objec to by the way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    You do know what always happened to countries who believed it was 'their century', right?
    It has nothing to do with belief but with the underlying reality of geography, demographics and economic resilience - all of which US has in plenty.
    Last edited by mmoc8e01bbc3d9; 2016-01-16 at 11:45 AM.

It has nothing to do with belief but with the underlying reality of geography, demographics and economic resilience - all of which US has in plenty.
    Yeah, talk about economic resilience again when the next vote for the budget comes along and the country is crippled for several days. Also, how big is their debt?
    Geography - the US is pretty far away from where the action is - not a bad thing. Nothing iteresting is happening around them. And here is a very interesting fact about demographics... Sure looks rosy. I don't think it means 'it is your century' if your citizens start to take the shape on the planet they live on.
    Last edited by Skulltaker; 2016-01-16 at 11:46 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah, talk about economic resilience again when the next vote for the budget comes along and the country is crippled for several days. Also, how big is their debt?
    Political drama=/economic resilience.

US debt is irrelevant. Only illiterate idiots pretend that it matters.

Deleted
    Prob USA. That civil war in 2040-2050 will be devastating. I just hope the "right" race wins!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

I almost think that the NRO made this mission seal *for you* Cybran.
    I'd support that.

Deleted
    North Korea and several Middle Eastern and African countries

Deleted
    Geography - the US is pretty far away from where the action is - not a bad thing. Nothing iteresting is happening around them. And here is a very interesting fact about demographics... Sure looks rosy. I don't think it means 'it is your century' if your citizens start to take the shape on the planet they live on.
    What I also meant by geography is the fact that it`s very, very underpopulated in comparison to Europe or other countries in the world. It`s got enormous room for growth.

Literally everything about US geography compliments and helps their economy - the river systems that are literally pitch-perfect tuned for the agronomy and transportation, to the incredibly fertile soil... and I could go on and on and on.

As for US demographics - as previous graph that I posted shows, most of the world is going to be in decline with lots of elders on their backs - that will undermine Europe, Russia and China.
    US on the other hand is projected to grow in that regards and particularly, the work-force is also going to grow. What are the results of it? Bigger tax pool. More money. More money creates more power. And the cycle is only reinforced as it`s basically a loop.
    Last edited by mmoc8e01bbc3d9; 2016-01-16 at 11:59 AM.

Political drama=/economic resilience.

US debt is irrelevant. Only illiterate idiots pretend that it matters.
    Only people with a lack of argument start with name calling.