Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sickening View Post
    As of today I tried to look on an alt for an HFC normal after 11 week-ish,
    I was the lowest ilvl with 695.
    2 parts of the starters complaint....11 weeks searching and being 695 ilvl.
    Why should others boost you when you clearly don't do any effort to improve that alt yourself to get into hfc groups ?
    It takes a few days after turning 100 to get to 700+ ilvl without entering any raid.
    Last edited by Palmtree; 2016-01-29 at 12:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicc View Post
    Every week i'm doing Manno and archi groups for ring upgrade and other things.
    1. Curve means nothing. I will armory your ass in less than a second.
    2. 720+ ilevel. Don't care for lower.
    3. 2/4/12 till to 2/4/14 if last players are 730+.

Why so many requirements? Because after 20+ kills i cannot be bothered to tell Timmy how to do nether and shit.

Sometimes even that won't work and people might fail but that's pugging.

And PL is shit. If you don't understand why it's your problem. Sitting on 732 ilevel with 0 guild runs and started late in this expansion with low understanding of my class.
    What about alts ~705-710 of people who raid Mythic (past Gorefiend or something) on their main? I wanted to pug Heroic with my 708 monk tank, but few leaders seemed to care about Cutting Edge, only repeating that they want Curve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ameasun View Post
    but few leaders seemed to care about Cutting Edge, only repeating that they want Curve.
    Then they are retarded, and you should be happy for not joining them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sickening View Post
    Now I'm here to say this question:
    Why does every raid leader thinks that a full curved team thinks will go faster, now I'm not the best and I still need to learn 5 more bosses in HFC but that is abit hard without a curve and sometimes the 710 ilvl search.
    But the point is if they all got the curve then why is Killrog so 'hard' for them and even 5 wipes on Kromrok?

And the last thing, did anybody else had something similar like this because at the moment clearing HFC atleast once seems very slim to me not that I really care about it but once would be atleast fun.
    Keep at it, you can do it! I personally like pugging with my alts a lot, but people have called me crazy for that before. I have "curved" my way into some raids, but I do see quite a few that don't require an achievement here and there, so yes, those raids definitely exist. (Actually, after I read this post, I checked the tool and there was even a group up where they explicitely mentioned in the description that you don't need the achievement, and there were a few other groups were the achievement just wasn't mentioned at all)
    My mindset on pugging is probably a bit different, but for a character that hasn't been played in months, I don't think it's so bad to kill 4 bosses on the first night. Just keep at it, and you'll eventually get the gear and the experience and also down the rest.
    Pugging can be a bit draining, because well... every group is different and while you might have easily killed 10 bosses last week, that doesn't mean this week will be the same. But if you are patient you can get there.

Especially for bosses were you do have some experience, I would suggest you try to get more aware of your surroundings and the bossfight as a whole. Getting some raidleading abilities yourself never hurts, even if you do not plan to actually raidlead. If you notice people dying to basic boss ability XY, you can adress that after a wipe, explain the abilitiy again and you might even announce it in voice chat during the try if you feel comfy with that. No need to do that if the group doesn't have any problems at all, but in many cases it is a huge help and will make your pugging life easier

Good luck and have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    yes.

it is your responsibility if you want to clear content

if you want to rely on other people to carry you through then you only have yourself to blame

- - - Updated - - -

yea thats not true at all.

if you cant perform then you wont get the kill until you get carried
    The problem with that thinking is you're making the assumptions that every with curve earned it without being carried by someone else. Curve =/= decent & lacking curve =/= bad all of the time.

I feel curves or other skill check achs are the community's attempt to somehow try to measure performance. Looking at rankings for raid fights (those that aren't retarded and allow or don't allow a class to do well because of something gimmicky) or actual videos of gameplay are the only real ways to check for skill. You see this problem a TON in pvp. You'd be amazed how many people show off a 2k+ ach in arenas or rbgs and require that of others for a skill check when in fact many of those group leaders are not 2k in that current pvp season, let alone that same expansion. They just use their old achs to essentially fake that skill check for themselves and require others to be more current in pvp than they are (again assuming those with a currently earned pvp ach wasn't carried and/or faked).

Deleted
    I'm disgusted at the amount of people who dare to post on this forum while not having AOTC achievement. Don't you know you need curve to post here?!

Mods, please remove these curve-less casuals.