xhul'horac mythic affliction help !

hello everyone. i was wondering if some one can help me with some tips on xhul'horac mythic. My guild is currently progressing on this boss and i have chosen demonology to play on it. i take cata and i chaos wave all the mobs and i reach around 120k sustained dps by the time the boss is 20 % which is where our guilds got him up to.

now my question is how do affliction warlocks on warcraft logs achieve such a high dps on xhul'horac myhic
    just wondering on talent choices, trinkets and other tips thanks guys

Deleted
    They just have incredibly fast kills. The complete first Page with the Top200 kills Xul in 3mins and faster. Talents are just the normal go to ones.

Deleted
    Assuming you have a decent ilvl and everything upgraded then i see no reason to be Demo on this. (i did try demo when we were progressing)
    Get use to the movement and play Destruction.
    You can get 1-2 FnB CBs off on imps plus you can SB the hell out of everything using Havoc.
    Also alot better burst for the Voids if needed.

Another thing is using GoSac + SacPact allows you to soak a Black Hole if you use Shadow Bulwark (Void walker ability)

Problem I felt with Demo on this fight was that the imp waves spawned faster than HoG could recharge. Imp Dmg was not consistent enough as a result.

Affliction is all about Hero on pull and quick kill times. Its basically a council fight and you ignore all the imps/voids and tunnel the boss adds. Probably not a progression spec unless your raid can do without your help on the adds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Affliction is all about Hero on pull and quick kill times. Its basically a council fight and you ignore all the imps/voids and tunnel the boss adds. Probably not a progression spec unless your raid can do without your help on the adds.
    This.

Probably want to stick to Destruction for progress until you're using lust on pull when you can go Affliction and do as Soulzar said.

4p T17 demo if your raid just cant kill imps fast enough, otherwise just play destro and be big on both imps and voidfiends

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Violetti View Post
    4p T17 demo if your raid just cant kill imps fast enough, otherwise just play destro and be big on both imps and voidfiends
    As Soulzar already stated, HoG does not recharge quick enough which means you are relying on RNG t17 procs to get some extra CW.
    You will also be dropping 5-10 ilvls from your total ilvl if you chose to go with t17
    Destro will do the Job more consistently and will be stronger for any stray adds that need killing.

Any suggestions on what trinket comp to use for this fight on Mythic as Destro? DSI seems to be a given, but I'm still kind of unsure about the second.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtywhirl View Post
    Any suggestions on what trinket comp to use for this fight on Mythic as Destro? DSI seems to be a given, but I'm still kind of unsure about the second.
    Personally i only ever use GSR or OoV these days.

Other options would be UGoS or Piston.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtywhirl View Post
    GSR/UGoS + DSI

As a general rule of thumb, if you are progressing on a boss that has high priority adds spawning, don't play aff.

If it's farm and your guild will get a decent kill time on everything, you can play aff on every single boss in the instance (I've done so for weeks).

In your case, just play destro on XH.
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>
    Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Streaming and recording all Legion progress, Shadow / Warlock PoV

Also on Xhul prog right now with, i can say that destro feels great on this fight, i regularly top imp and voidfiend damage and as for overall dps for all pulls on him i have large damage on imps and voids over every other class in my raid, bare in mind this is with 1 dk and 2 rogues while i still soak 3rd black hole. I'm using DSI and Piston because this character didnt even exist till mid September 2015 and that stupid bird will not drop my trinket, otherwise id usw UGoS since it is just really good for non demon add fights. Remember to save some embers for when either the voidfiends or imps are about to spawn, sometimes i have to waste a cast or 2 to save embers to havoc CB voids then through SB i can typically get 2 FnB CB's on imps (this also depends on the imp spawn). There are times in the fight too where imps will spawn at the same time or VERY close to the void spawns, choose the imps