10+ Year Old Account

Soft Hands achieve for Glory of the Thundering Raider

Hello all - a small group of us have been attempting this achieve for a few weeks now. To give a short description, myself (shadowpriest) and a DK just down to the first nest, once the hatchlings are dead, we both fly up to the second nest. The DK jumps to catch the egg and I lifegrip (leap of faith) him to the nest I am in. He passes me the egg and he jumps down to kill boss.

We are not getting the achieve, is it simply because as the egg holder/passer - we need to be on the platform for the achieve to count? If that is the case, after we are both on the main ji-kun platform, can I as the egg holder (passed from DK) still jump down to bottom nest to avoid caw?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Try to life grip the DK to the first nest as he falls down after catching the egg. That's how we did it back in MoP, at least. It's possible if you time it right and you're standing right on the edge. We also had the original egg catcher stay there for the duration of the fight, while the priest went back to fight the boss. You said it's a small group, so I presume it's more than the two of you; the boss should die fast enough on 10 man not to have any problems if the DK stays.

Also, keep in mind you can't use any spells while holding the egg, or you'll drop it. But this should be easy enough to notice, since you'd be losing the extra action button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Coconut - by the first nest, do you mean the bottom nest or the top nest? And correct, there are between three to four of us. The Dk and I kill the hatchlings in the bottom nest - fly up to the top nest. He catches the egg and I life grip him into the nest. He passes the egg to me and I remain there while he jumps down to help kill the boss.

I do retain the egg the entire fight. In fact, after our last two attempts, Ji-Kun dies and I am ported down to the platform where I can toss the egg to another player.

I mean the bottom nest. The first time I got the achievement, as well as a couple of times afterwards, we life gripped the original catcher to the bottom nest and he remained there for the entire duration of the fight (the boss had to die before hatchlings spawned there again iirc, and the player had to receive some heals during Quills, which should no longer be needed).

I couldn't tell you if the second (upper) nest is bugged, but this strategy worked for us back in the day and it is worth a shot. If anything, you're going to change two variables from your original method: 1. a different nest, and 2. no longer throwing the egg around (2. shouldn't be a problem, but who knows if it's bugged or not).

If it still won't work, perhaps they changed something and the egg needs to make it on Ji'kun's platform for it to count for the achievement. It will certainly be harder, but it is worth a shot as a last resort. However, I couldn't find any mention of such a change on wowhead (maybe some of the additional tactics there can be of some help, though).

Some of the MoP raid achievements have to be done with 10 people if on 10 man. The dancing while pillaged one and Gara'jal have to have 10 people could be the case with Jikun.

The only thing I noticed, reading and videos, is that the egg carrier needs to get back on the platform with the boss before going back onto a nest.

So yes, you probably could do that.

the only thing I remember about this achivement is when I got it I it took many many attempts and by the time we got it I was nearing blackout drunk.

When a group I was in months ago did it we had a priest grip the eggcatcher, but after all was said and done only the person with the egg got the achievement. When putting in a ticket about it they told me that they couldn't verify I was eligible for it (likely story considering this is the excuse I'm given most of the time through tickets about achievements). I even told them I could provide screenshots proving I had never died or otherwise disqualified myself from getting it.

I three-manned this achievement the other day with a couple of friends. DK tank and MM Hunter (both ~680 ilvl), and Holy Priest (me). Hunter solo'd first nest hatchlings, then flew up and caught egg. I lifegrip hunter and hot up hunter/DK,drop lightwell, hunter passes egg to me and I camp out on first nest while hunter pops the LW bloodlust drums and the DK/Hunter solo boss.

Easy peasy. Hardest part was the hunter figuring out how and where to catch the egg. It's pretty tough to see in the vids sometimes.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation