10+ Year Old Account

Snowboarding season 2015/2016

Anyone here enjoying Snowboarding?
    Me and my gf are off to Austria this year, Hopfgarten Im Brixentale. Not really a famous snowboarding mountain but it's fine for the both of us :-) 280 km of pistes, large portion red and some black. We're avoiding blue of course :-P

Our snowboarding trip has always been the vacation highlight of the year, we even favor it over summer holiday ^^
    Can't wait to strap on the board (or click, with flow bindings actually, best investment ever :-P ) for the coming 6 days and go downhill racing my girlfriend back to the lifts :-)
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

10+ Year Old Account
    I shudder to ask how much lift tickets cost there?
    Any idea of how those ratings translate to American slope classes? We have Blue Squares, Black Diamonds, and then the Double Black Diamonds.

West Coast skiiing has been awesome this year. Thank you El Ñino!

10+ Year Old Account
    We're getting a 6-day pass for € 230,50. A single day pass costs € 46,-.
    For the slopes, blue is 25%, red is 40%, black is steeper than that.

Would love to go to West Coast America some day!
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    I shudder to ask how much lift tickets cost there?
    Any idea of how those ratings translate to American slope classes? We have Blue Squares, Black Diamonds, and then the Double Black Diamonds.

West Coast skiiing has been awesome this year. Thank you El Ñino!
    also left off green circles...from easiest to hardest

green->blue->black->double black

I'd like to make it out riding this year. My wife is still learning and wants to go for my birthday in a couple weeks. I won't complain about it. I worked for a short time in highschool for a snowboard company in vermont, and I'd like to pick up one of the boards I made from a friend for my wife. it's old but its still a very good board, i still ride two of the boards i made 12 years ago. I don't get to ride as much as i used to, need new bindings bad. my old burton missions were near top of the line when i bought them in 2003, and now they are junk. ha.

Hoping if we make it out enough times this year, my wife will be up for a trip to a big mountain next year.

10+ Year Old Account
    My gf and I switched to Speed-Entry with quicklock bindings last year and those have been such a relieve. Not only for getting on the board quicker but also for the set-and-forget aspect of it. Never adjusting the straps halfway with one or two clicks tighter or looser :-)

Dating myself here.... I used to love snowboarding when I was younger. I recall some of the mountains around here either wouldn't allow them at all, or wouldn't let you up on expert / diamond trails, but these restrictions were eliminated quickly as the sport started growing.

I dunno... cold just isn't my thing anymore, and the cost of a typical lift ticket these days, as well as the equipment, makes me say no thanks.

Heh... I even found a pic of the last board I had. 166 Farmer, I paid 200 bucks for it at a tent sale

Last edited by melodramocracy; 2016-02-20 at 06:26 PM.